Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change to F Caviar Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Change to F Caviar Service

I have it on good authority that effective sometime in May CX is changing the F Caviar & Balik Salmon service to just caviar. Also, no more heaps from the big tins - small individual tins of better quality stuff served like many other airlines do (not sure about the spoon though will have to wait and see)... They won't be loading extra, so no more heaps of caviar if you got the right crew and your seat mates didn't want any...
Pls don't ask my source, wouldn't want to get that person in trouble...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

If better quality is for real then sure - considering the one i had on jal was quite a bit..
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:58 pm

Is it this ?

http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...d-comfort-food
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
aw man. i love salmon
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by exmike
aw man. i love salmon
You can always buy some before you fly. Totally over rated this part of cx f
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mayodave
You can always buy some before you fly. Totally over rated this part of cx f foods
once you learn about the salmon ecological system you'd feel grossed out by eating non-cooked salmon.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Oh and was just offered a 2nd helping SFO-HKG last week
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by kaka
once you learn about the salmon ecological system you'd feel grossed out by eating non-cooked salmon.
Haha LOL
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mayodave
Haha LOL
if you know what they eat, its nolonger a funny LOL i swear. especially the farmed ones. partly is not of the farmer's choice.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
I only take caviar, no salmon. Never figured out the potatoes. It would be great to have it with a full set of traditional accompaniments, ie ceps, sour cream, fresh blinis as well as the current chopped onion and egg.

Will be a shame to be rationed on the caviar though if that is true, I get offered a generous double dose easily 50% of the time.

Somehow I'm not sure how this will translate in reality as I fear Aaron Caxton, CX Manager of Catering Services is more at home playing bullsh!t bingo than concentrating on what the customer might appreciate, "devising 'quick win' deliverables ... to tick the key boxes of our programme rationale"
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by avm2806
I have it on good authority that effective sometime in May CX is changing the F Caviar & Balik Salmon service to just caviar. Also, no more heaps from the big tins - small individual tins of better quality stuff served like many other airlines do (not sure about the spoon though will have to wait and see)... They won't be loading extra, so no more heaps of caviar if you got the right crew and your seat mates didn't want any...
Pls don't ask my source, wouldn't want to get that person in trouble...
Its true. My CX cabin crew friend said to get ready to say 'bye bye balik salmon' !
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
I actually quite liked the Balik Salmon, sad to see them go away. But I hope it would be worth it with the better quality of caviar and this better not mean we have to say good bye to caviar with scrambled egg for breakfast
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:56 am
cxn

Originally Posted by jona970318
I actually quite liked the Balik Salmon, sad to see them go away. But I hope it would be worth it with the better quality of caviar and this better not mean we have to say good bye to caviar with scrambled egg for breakfast
Yes, Caviar with Scrambled Eggs was a nice breakfast.

Sadly, my last flight, the FAs were serving all the left over caviar to the pilots on the flight.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cxn
Yes, Caviar with Scrambled Eggs was a nice breakfast.

Sadly, my last flight, the FAs were serving all the left over caviar to the pilots on the flight.
sort of OT, is this even allowed? I'm pretty sure there are regulations that prohibit pilots from having unauthorized meals etc.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by jona970318
sort of OT, is this even allowed? I'm pretty sure there are regulations that prohibit pilots from having unauthorized meals etc.
I don't know if this applies to CX, but I was led to believe from a chap who worked at QR that unused caviar is thrown away as there are no logistics in place to keep it sufficiently refrigerated and date-managed between flights.

If that's the case and no pax want it, I don't see why the crew shouldn't have it. I just hope that not everyone had the fish...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.