Change to F Caviar Service

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 10:18 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by midlevels

Not in my experience. They've had other starters like salad, or soup on F flights both midhaul and longhaul.
I think it depends what you define as appetiser. It's probably better to think of the Caviar as just a Caviar course. Then as per the menu, there is Salad, soup etc as appetisers.
Old May 9, 2014, 6:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by midlevels

Not in my experience. They've had other starters like salad, or soup on F flights both midhaul and longhaul.
What do you mean? I think you misunderstood me.

for Regional F Class for NON breakfast flights, they serve a non Caviar/Balik Salmon appetizer then the rest of the meal. which also includes soup and salad.

For Long haul regional, they only have the caviar and salmon and no specific appetizers. But then they have soup + Salad and for the Chinese option there is the cold plate which is an appetizer.

On top of this now on long haul there is the amuse bouche.

Also if the flights are not all full, I am sure you can sample other dishes from the main and treat it as a degutation menu.

I personally will miss the Balik Salmon and will now need to goto Harrods more often to enjoy the experience (YES I KNOW you can buy them from caviar house, but the hassle of preparing the accompainments etc... are not worth it!).
Old May 9, 2014, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by correctioncx
For Long haul regional, they only have the caviar and salmon and no specific appetizers.
Long haul regional?
Old May 9, 2014, 7:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Long haul regional?
Sorry, I mean Long Haul.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
The New Caviar Service - I am Sad

I know I am probably not a well groomed caviar person but... I miss (1) the Creme Fraiche - it was served with the salmon but I liked it with my caviar and (2) no lemon wedges. Yes, probably gone with the Salmon. When I asked for lemon all they could find were a few slices. I guess the potatoes also went away with the salmon.

By the way, I researched the caviar being served. It sells for $70 USD for a 28g tin. On CX they serve a 20g tin so a retail price around $50 USD a tin.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

We need to stop flying cx

Complaining they are giving less yet keep giving them business doesnt help.

All im doing now is buy low yield tickets and use AM to fly high yield routes
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by kaka
We need to stop flying cx
Because they've eliminated the Balik and there's no amuse bouche?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:23 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Because they've eliminated the Balik and there's no amuse bouche?
no idea. probably i mean CX F only. personally i dont care (not a big fan of salmon to start with). but if all we do is complain and then go back to our habits, nothing would change, would it?

Was in JL F. everything, except for the wines and the temperature sometimes and the missing CX IFE (this one can be replaced by tablets/ipod music), was just better. but then they also have very good shochu so the wines are compensated. they also cost less. I do ex TPE for CX so I'll have the repositioning flight anyway.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by kaka

Was in JL F. everything, except for the wines and the temperature sometimes and the missing CX IFE (this one can be replaced by tablets/ipod music), was just better. but then they also have very good shochu so the wines are compensated. they also cost less. I do ex TPE for CX so I'll have the repositioning flight anyway.
It must have been regional (I have no experience), because JL longhaul F wines are usually excellent. Usually a notch above CX, especially the white wines.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:19 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I can't find the thread about second helping. Quick - help! - I'm in seat 2a and my flight's gone from f1 to f4 (well, some lucky bxtch's been opups so we're 3/6). This means second helping defn ok right? Both bridges withdrawn so quick answers needed!!!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by percysmith
I can't find the thread about second helping. Quick - help! - I'm in seat 2a and my flight's gone from f1 to f4 (well, some lucky bxtch's been opups so we're 3/6). This means second helping defn ok right? Both bridges withdrawn so quick answers needed!!!
A second helping is just fine as long as they have it. The crew are happy to offer it! Enjoy.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Just off LHR-HKG. Flight was full in First and I had 2 helpings. Creme Fraiche is back.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:24 am

Thanks! I hope they did cater 6 for the 3/6 flight. I'm on my fifth flute of bubbly (three in the CDG lounge, one Krug and one billecart salmon cos of tarmac delay)
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by percysmith
I was on a 747 flight SFO-HKG a couple of months back. Cabin was 8/9 with the captain occupying the last seat. After the first meal service I requested to have the caviar for the second meal, the crew had no problem with it
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:12 pm

Thanks for all your advice. Successfully got two servings of caviar for both me and missus, even tho they ran out of creme for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.