Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Wing Lounge Access at HK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Cathay Wing Lounge Access at HK

I am flying with Singapore Airlines in J Class from Hong Kong in a few days.

I have heard good things about the Wings Lounge at HK airport.

I hold a Comped Cathay Pacific Diamond Elite Status, can i access the Wings lounge at HK when not flying with a one world carrier?

Newbie to Cathay so all help will be greatly appreciated
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:26 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
I am flying with Singapore Airlines in J Class from Hong Kong in a few days.

I have heard good things about the Wings Lounge at HK airport.

I hold a Comped Cathay Pacific Diamond Elite Status, can i access the Wings lounge at HK when not flying with a one world carrier?

Newbie to Cathay so all help will be greatly appreciated
yes you may access any CX business class lounges
http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...p/mpo/benefits
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:49 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club
sorry a little OT here, but welcome to the CX board and congrats OP. There are not many people that get comped to DM status right away. Would you mind sharing your flying patterns? Also, when you mention diamond elite status, are you referring to diamond or diamond plus?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Its through My Amex Plat Charge Card (uk based).

Im Star Alliance Gold and normally only fly with *A or Virgin.

I have Diamond Status comped for one year
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:26 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by b-kpf
sorry a little OT here, but welcome to the CX board and congrats OP. There are not many people that get comped to DM status right away. Would you mind sharing your flying patterns? Also, when you mention diamond elite status, are you referring to diamond or diamond plus?
actually quite a bit got comped DM through Amex
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Its through My Amex Plat Charge Card (uk based).

Im Star Alliance Gold and normally only fly with *A or Virgin.

I have Diamond Status comped for one year
Pity that you're comped on one of the most difficult cards to obtain - it takes 240,000 miles to get from zero to Diamond status , and you're not utlising it.

But back to your question - as you're not flying on CX, and even as Diamond, you can only use the Business Class lounge and not the First Class lounges which are the piece de resistance of lounges. You need to fly on a Oneworld flight to fully appreciate the benefits of being Diamond.. and to see the First Class lounges of CX at HKIA and QF lounges in Sydney. BA lounges we can miss.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Feb 23, 2012 at 3:22 am
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:20 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Pity that you're comped on one of the most difficult cards to obtain - it takes 240,000 miles to get from zero to Diamond status , and you're not utlising it.
Sorry to be pedantic, but it's 210,000 miles required
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by b-kpf
See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...nd-status.html

And

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ld-status.html
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:30 am
Original Poster

How is the Business Class Lounge?

How does it compare with other Business Class lounges at Hong Kong Airport?

As far as I know Thai have a lounge at HK, I dont think Singapore airlines have one there.

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

But back to your question - as you're not flying on CX, and even as Diamond, you can only use the Business Class lounge and not the First Class lounges which are the piece de resistance of lounges. You need to fly on a Oneworld flight to fully appreciate the benefits of being Diamond.. and to see the First Class lounges of CX at HKIA and QF lounges in Sydney. BA lounges we can miss.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club
When reading I assumed that OP was given the status based on a comp from another program, and the AMEX didn't really cross my mind. Makes a lot more sense now.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:09 pm

How is the Business Class Lounge?

How does it compare with other Business Class lounges at Hong Kong Airport?

As far as I know Thai have a lounge at HK, I dont think Singapore airlines have one there.
SQ have a silver kris lounge at HKG.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by miki13331
SQ have a silver kris lounge at HKG.
And they are not bad...
Old Feb 25, 2012, 3:58 am

Programs: CX DM, SG Krisfl, MH Enrich, Hyatt GP Diam, Priority Club Plat, Marriott SL, HHonors, SPG, AClub
Well, the interesting part is that OP mentioned "Amex Plat Charge Card" and "Diamond status" - this combination hasn't been recorded yet. Either the card of OP with GO, OR Centurion with DM... is Amex moving down with their criteria for DM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.