Search

Club Carlson biz card financial audit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Club Carlson biz card financial audit

(Doesn't even begin with Dear XXX)

The principles of "Know Your Customer" have been a part of banking requirements for many years. Blah blah blah....
This includes understanding account activity, as well as the source and use of the customer's funds and wealth.

...U.S. Bank recently performed a review of your credit card account...and determined additional information is necessary for our records.

Please call me directly....blah blah.

Failure to contact me by the due date may result in your account relationship being terminated.

Sincerely,
########

Are they kidding me? What information do they "need" so desperately for a card that I hardly use? Has anyone else been through this type audit?

It's bad enough we have to wait two freaking months for 40K Goldpesos, now this.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:27 pm
Community Director Emerita

Are you confident it is a legit email?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Not an email. Came USPS priority mail. Any ideas? I always pay my bill ahead of time - and - if I maintain a balance, then I pay much more than minimum.

Had the card now for at least 2 years without issue.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Do the Biz card T&Cs have any language about using card for business purchases only?

I have always wondered about that, having used my various Biz cards from all banks and Amex for absolutely everything.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Call the 800 number on your card and ask them if this is legit; don't use the number on the USPS letter
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Call me nuts, but I called the number on the letter. They wanted my home address. That was it.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Call me nuts, but I called the number on the letter. They wanted my home address. That was it.
You're Nuts but i'm glad thats all it was
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I have a business website, and this same address is posted on there. So I really wasn't giving them anything that wasn't publicly available. I pointed her to the website, but her lowly computer/internet privileges would not let her access the website. So I don't think this inquiry was too serious at all. Just something to say that they complied with the "Know Your Customer" routine.

http://www.bank-kyc.com/en/fast-fact...tomer-kyc.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.