Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Carlson Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Club Carlson Status Match

Does anyone know from personal experience what levels in the Carlson program would be matched to a Hilton Diamond & IHG Spire and until when (if the status match request is made now)?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by carpediem22
Does anyone know from personal experience what levels in the Carlson program would be matched to a Hilton Diamond & IHG Spire and until when (if the status match request is made now)?
They match to gold and silver only. HH diamond and IHG Spire would get CC Gold
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I wonder how the new statusmatch campaign they have is gonna link with the sell of Carlson. So what, worth matching anyways!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Anybody been approved for a match more than once? I matched in 2014 and subsequently barely noticed a difference in a few CC stays. With no upcoming stays it seems pointless to ask to match again.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I matched many years ago, kept Gold status for a few years, and then let it lapse over the past year. I requested a match to one of my other statuses in this latest offering, and received a form letter saying that they would not "renew" my match as it is only available once...
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:59 am

Requested match from HH Gold, they offered Carlson Silver. Who on earth are they kidding? What an absolute waste of an e-mail, just makes people annoyed. Carlson Silver is pretty much worthless, wish they had been upfront about pulling crap like that.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by view
Requested match from HH Gold, they offered Carlson Silver. Who on earth are they kidding? What an absolute waste of an e-mail, just makes people annoyed. Carlson Silver is pretty much worthless, wish they had been upfront about pulling crap like that.
Their equivalencies have always seemed odd to me- cc gold isn't that much better than silver- a few more earned points per stay, but no breakfast benefit. I'd equate it to Marriott or hhonors silver. I could understand that they might not want to match to their highest level, but given that Marriott and Hilton offer much more at their middle tier, it is hard to justify staying at CC properties if you don't stay enough to make and retain Concierge.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Anybody been approved for a match more than once? I matched in 2014 and subsequently barely noticed a difference in a few CC stays. With no upcoming stays it seems pointless to ask to match again.
Yes, some have been getting repeated status matches from Carlson hotels' program.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Both 2014 and 2015 I was matched from IHG so they did a repeat match for me.
Made it on stays this year.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by hcuk94
Both 2014 and 2015 I was matched from IHG so they did a repeat match for me.
Made it on stays this year.
Interesting- I wonder how they decide who is allowed a second match and who is denied. The email they sent me claimed the policy was once per lifetime, but clearly they can waive that... Did those of you who received a second match have a significant number of CC stays (but not enough to hit gold)?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
I had silver matched a few years back then as they stuffed something up I got a bump to Gold. Moved some of my stays across to Radisson properties but hardly saw anything for it. The points accrual is pretty slow compared to the redemption levels so I cashed out on a stay at some property in Sydney and then let my status lapse.

Can't say I've missed it really and now only ever stay if I'm having an overnight at LHR with a bit of parking thrown in.

Fair play to them for giving me the gold but as others have pointed out, you may be better off where you are.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
They used to do matches even yearly but it seems they are clamping down... At the same time they are offering free gold to amex plat

SAS Gold also gets CC gold as do shareholdersnin rezidor
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:04 am

The program really took a hit when they got rid of 2nd night free on the credit card, and really the program seems like something you would find with best western grade hotels. As someone else mentioned, really no difference between silver and gold, yet to get gold you have to stay 20 stays or 35 nights, which at that point why not just join a program with good benefits.

I'm not one of those guys that gets butthurt if i get status "the hard way" while others simply sign up for a credit card, but the way they hand out pretty much top status really shows the type of value you get from being gold, which isn't much.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
They match to gold and silver only. HH diamond and IHG Spire would get CC Gold
I matched HH Gold to CC Silver last week but this poster got CC Gold:

http://www.statusmatcher.com/report/55120
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Requested match for Marriott Gold. Waiting for the reply. How long does it take for CC to get back to you? What are they matching Marriott Gold to? Gold or Silver?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.