Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

What to do? Free Award Night booked, but no longer Radisson

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat

I booked the Radisson (as of May 27th, Sheraton) Hotel Barra, Rio for August on points for 2 nights (1 night free).

I called the property and they've confirmed that I still indeed have a reservation for those 2 nights.

Should I be afraid that they will end up trying to charge me for the 2 nights at check-in - either because I'm using Club Carlson points to pay for a Sheraton hotel, or because it's a free night? I really don't want to show up and all of a sudden have to look for a hotel that night (I wouldn't pay to stay at that hotel).
Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
I booked the Radisson (as of May 27th, Sheraton) Hotel Barra, Rio for August on points for 2 nights (1 night free).

I called the property and they've confirmed that I still indeed have a reservation for those 2 nights.

Should I be afraid that they will end up trying to charge me for the 2 nights at check-in - either because I'm using Club Carlson points to pay for a Sheraton hotel, or because it's a free night? I really don't want to show up and all of a sudden have to look for a hotel that night (I wouldn't pay to stay at that hotel).
Are you able to pull-up your reservation on SPG's website or have the hotel email you a copy of your confirmation?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy

I stayed at a hotel that used to be a Radisson in Orlando. During check-in all they see is a reservation for 2 nights. They do not see anything else (i.e., rates, points) etc. Therefore, I had no issues with the second (free) night.

The key point in my case was that Club Carlson sent me an e-mail that the hotel will honor my reservation even though it was no longer a Radisson.
I stayed there 4 months after the re-branding.

RM
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rumeli

The key point in my case was that Club Carlson sent me an e-mail that the hotel will honor my reservation even though it was no longer a Radisson.
RM
that is the key point! many hotels deflag from 1 chain and go to another or remain independent. Some will honor any and all previous reses, others will not.

If they honor them any benefits you would have received when it was with the previous chain will most likely not be honored, unless you have status with the new chain as well

OP you need to contact Club C and ask them if the hotel will be honoring those reses made while it was a Rad
Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Journey4Happy, I would go over to the SPG forum and contact the Lurker and have him contact the hotel to verify that they will honor the reservation.

That will give you something in writing from Sheraton that they will honor the reservation.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
I have confirmed with the hotel that they will honor my reservation. In fact they added my SPG number to the reservations and it now shows up on the SPG site. I figure that I am extremely lucky because the reservation are during the 2016 Rio Olympics! I had figured that either Radisson or Starwood would do anything to get out of the point reservation - but everything has been confirmed.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Data point

I stayed at the Sheraton (formerly Radisson) Barra a few weeks ago and reservation went without a hitch.

Well, I got scared when the clerk asked me to sign the credit card sheet that showed a rate of almost $300/night. He assured me that the room was paid, and the credit card was only needed for incidentals.

J4H
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I sort of the same boat only worse. At least you know what hotel chain your Club Carlson booking went to. And the Aruba people knew that their hotel went to Hilton.

Club Carlson CSRs don't even know who the new manager of the Park Inn Bogota is.........or they won't tell me. They gave me the phone # and I tried to call but I am in Australia and I don't speak Spanish that well, especially over the phone and the person who answered didn't speak English.

I used the free Visa night for the 2 night booking and the CSR made it clear that if I cancelled all I would get is mt 38k points back. They wouldn't let me transfer the booking to the Radisson in Bogota and maintain the rate.

It's a huge worry to not know who is operating this hotel. How do I even know it will still be a hotel in 6 months? They could turn it into condos or serviced apartments for long term.

I've been Googling like crazy, tried street view maps (latest pic is from Aug 2012) and all I could find is that they opened the hotel in 2014 and would be managed and operated by Zen Operadora SAS and owned by Andicapital. I had to use Google cache to get that much detail.

So I Googled Zen Operadora SAS and found some kind of registry for tourism operators and found that the license is cancelled.

I have tried Googling the address, the phone number, the name and nothing comes up to tell me who is operating this hotel now. It has disappeared from the Club Carlson website and most hotel booking engines though it lingers on a few.

I don't know if there is a Club Carlson rep on here or not but all I want is the name of the new hotel, who is managing it and their email contact.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.