FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do? Free Award Night booked, but no longer Radisson
Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:42 pm
Rumeli

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
I booked the Radisson (as of May 27th, Sheraton) Hotel Barra, Rio for August on points for 2 nights (1 night free).

I called the property and they've confirmed that I still indeed have a reservation for those 2 nights.

Should I be afraid that they will end up trying to charge me for the 2 nights at check-in - either because I'm using Club Carlson points to pay for a Sheraton hotel, or because it's a free night? I really don't want to show up and all of a sudden have to look for a hotel that night (I wouldn't pay to stay at that hotel).
I stayed at a hotel that used to be a Radisson in Orlando. During check-in all they see is a reservation for 2 nights. They do not see anything else (i.e., rates, points) etc. Therefore, I had no issues with the second (free) night.

The key point in my case was that Club Carlson sent me an e-mail that the hotel will honor my reservation even though it was no longer a Radisson.
I stayed there 4 months after the re-branding.

RM