Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:54 am

Radisson Decapolis, Panama City

- What is your Club Carlson Status?
Silver

- Where did you stay?
Radisson Decapolis, Panama City

- Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, all in all.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard award room (@28000 points), no upgrade but got a room on a high floor (17th).

- Did you receive elite benefits?
No.

- How are the rooms?
My room was spacious and nice, with a great view towards downtown and the ocean through a large window.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good: Great lounge and bar area next to reception, and the sheer size of the hotel makes you feel you are in expensive and luxurious surroundings. I also got USD20 voucher for drinks in the bar and breakfast was included, which was really great value.
Bad: Pool area (4th floor) was spacious and had it's own bar area, but also had horrendous views to traffic machines and construction. Quite noisy too. Pools were alright and clean though, which is the main purpose I guess.

- Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?
Good value. I would return in a heartbeat.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:25 am

Radisson BLU Riverside Gothenburg

Silver

- Where did you stay?
Radisson BLU Riverside, Gothenburg, Sweden

Yes.

Booked standard room (@ SEK990), no upgrade but got a room on a high floor (10th).

No.

- How are the rooms?
My room was very nice, but on the small side of what I prefer. The hotel is almost brand new, so the interior standard is virtually immaculate.

Good: The included breakfast was great, as usual in most scandinavian properties. Also the gym/pool/spa/terrace area on the top floor looked nice (I didn't use the facilities myself).
Bad: A good bit away from the downtown area, but otherwise it's not bad at all.

Good value. I would return in a heartbeat (if I didn't need to stay downtown, that is).
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Radisson Blu, Manchester Airport, UK

What is your Club Carlson status?
Concierge

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)
Radisson Blu, Manchester Airport, UK

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel?
Yes, a lovely hotel

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you
Booked Standard, got double upgrade to Business Class

Did you receive elite benefits?
Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Not required
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, plate of three plums and two bottles of water and welcome card

How are the rooms?
Decent size 27m rooms tastefully decorated in grey and brown

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Heated bathroom floor and heated centre of bathroom mirror to stop steaming up
Rainforest type shower
Access to Business Lounge for free drinks and hot and cold snacks and breakfast with great views over airport
Lovely modern design to the hotel
Power points by bed to charge phones

Bad:
Wifi dropped three or four times
The hotel restaurant is expensive. First night I had very good chicken fajitas, second night a horrible over cooked burger

Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?
On a 2 for 1 deal costing Ł83 this was a good value stay especially with upgrade. The 15 minute train to Manchester is Ł4.70 return with a half rate evening fare after 18:30.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Country Inn & Suites, Naperville

What is your Club Carlson status?
Gold

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)
Country Inn & Suites, Naperville, IL

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel?Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you
Booked Standard, got upgraded to King Suite (colleagues did as well)

Did you receive elite benefits?
Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Not required
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes, small bag with chocolate, snacks and water

How are the rooms?
Huge, comfortable but a bit dated.

What was good and what was bad?
Hotel is a bit dated, but perfectly fine. Breakfast was a bit below par.

Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?
It was a business trip booked by our travel agent, but the value was good enough. There are plenty of other options in the area and would look into the others more.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 1:48 pm

What is your Club Carlson Status?
Gold

- Where did you stay?
Country home and suites by carlson, Newark, nj

Yes, could need a renovation tough

Booked king room. Got king suite with seperate livingroom.

Handwritten welcome letter and a goodiebag

- How are the rooms?
My room was spacious and nice, with a great view towards Manhattan skyline and Newark airport

Good: friendly staff, nice room, good view.
Not so good: noise from Newark. I don't mind, but i know some do.
Bad: old, can be mistaken for filthy. Crowded breakfastroom. Not a healthy breakfast.

Good value. 150 dollar minus a prepaid amex for 25 dollar i got as a gift.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Gold

- Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Plaza Helsinki

Yes!

Business room (no in-room sauna). Booked on points.
Received same i.e. no upgrade

Yes. We were given two drink coupons at check-in. Some fruit and a chocolate bar was in the room when we arrived, and someone knocked on the door and delivered a plate with two truffles, some grapes and an apple.

- How are the rooms?
No view, but very quiet due to facing the courtyard. Business class rooms have all the technological bells and whistles (electronic control of everything, AV hookups, TV in bathroom) which were quite fun. There were at least 6 different type of pillows and 4 different types of duvets you could order, which I did.

Good: Almost everything. Great staff, beautiful hotel and room, excellent central location, excellent breakfast.
Bad: The sauna is not open all the time, just in the morning and evening. Also, they "gym" is two rooms with just 4 pieces of equipment. The other downside was that we had an early flight, and by the time we got downstairs to pick up our "grab and run" breakfast, it had already been completely picked over by the drunk Russian kids lolling about in the lobby. As in they were still drunk at 5 am when the breakfast was put out, and were still hanging around obviously intoxicated at 6:30 when we tried to get some. There was one yogurt/nut bar left, not much else, and apparently no policing.

Great value on points. With a business class room, lounge access and breakfast are both included. The lounge offers a substantial happy hour from 5-7 every day, and the breakfast was a terrific buffet that normally runs 25 Euro pp. The drink coupons were worth about 10-12 Euro pp in the bar, depending on what was ordered. The desk clerk suggested we get expensive wine, which we did!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:28 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North, CA

Gold

- Where did you stay?
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego

No!

To guarantee getting a suite on the top floor, booked an enhanced room package using 57K pts, plus received a free night for having CC Visa. Utilized the two account booking method and booked two 2-nights stays back to back for a total of 114K pts. for 4-nights in a suite on the top floor.
Received same i.e. no upgrade

Yes. We were given 2 Gatorade and 2 water bottles, 2 microwavable pop corn bags, and 2 little boxes of chocolate bonbons when we arrived. Two certificates of BOGO entrees at their restaurant that we did not use as it was closed over the weekend.

- How are the rooms?
Rooms, carpets, and walls need dire renovation/fresh coat of paint. Tired old furnishings. Small sized room with separate living and bedroom, and very small bathroom in the middle with shower above tub. Sofa turned into bed for our 2 little children. 7th floor top floor view of high rise and some hills.

Good: All day coffee & tea, lemon-infused cold water, and cookies in the afternoon all placed in the lobby area.
Bad:
Room: as mentioned above.
Location: Nestled between a Hyatt House and HIX next to Chili's Restaurant, this property is in the middle of nowhere for sightseeing. 16 miles to Seaworld, 17 miles to downtown San Diego, 21 miles to Legoland, 22 miles to Coronado or Safari Park, etc. You will definitely need a car to get around.
Housekeeping: they would knock on our door every morning at 8 AM, and yet the rooms were not cleaned until after 3 PM!!! Hallways were visibly soiled with strewn trash and worn carpets. Rooms were not cleaned thoroughly; my kids spilled some dry cereal in our room on the first day, and the crumbs were still noticeable when we checked out 4 days later!
Breakfast: Yes, they do have scrambled eggs and waffle-making machine, but the choices were very limited and the food was very bland.

Good value on points if you are there to see the sights and had no other options or status with other chains. Far from being impressed, but will not say never again!

Last edited by Kalboz; Aug 26, 2014 at 10:29 pm
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Radisson Rancho San Bernardo, San Diego

Concierge

- Where did you stay?
Radisson Rancho San Bernardo, San Diego

Yes

Standard, two double beds. Got that room, high floor, better view on external side

Yes. Free breakfast for all 4 guests, 4 drink tickets at Bar. Recognized as concierge, thanked for membership. Also a fruit and cheese plate, sparkling water.

- How are the rooms?
Great, modern and recently renovated with contemporary decor. The outside is well kept, it is a motel style building, all doors lead out to open corridors. Half rooms face internal pool/courtyard, others face outside of building facing parking lot.

Good: Rooms were comfortable, service was good
Bad: Slow elevator, but I chose to take stairs, only 3 floors. I guess that inner courtyard rooms may be loud.
Room: as mentioned above.

Breakfast: ok. Just a handful of options

Good value on points, I used the last night free option. Not convenient if just wanting to use while in San Diego.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Gold

- Where did you stay?
Radisson Martinique, New York

No.

Booked standard room, cash stay, no upgrade

A box of 4 chocolates, and free breakfast

- How are the rooms?
Needs a refurb, no fridge in room, safe stood on a box

Good: Great Location
Bad: Rooms look tired, no fridge in room, very loud A/C, late checkout denied, staff where curt and unfriendly, got blamed for not checking in earlier in the day (I checked in at 6pm)

Good Value for NYC, not sure if would return, Radisson need more NYC Properties
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Gold

- Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu, Dublin Airport

No.

Points, Upgrade to a Business Class Room

Plate of fruit

- How are the rooms?
Noisy, could hear everything taking off and landing at DUB

Good: Location, Staff, Good view of Airport
Bad: Unable to take a UK Debit Card for incidentals (this is a first in ROI, and in 10years of travelling to ROI), No Cups in room, Outside Noise, Hole in bath

No, will go back to staying at the Hilton, or even the Bewleys Hotel nearby..
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Exec Plat, Delta Platinum, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
club carlson status: gold

where did you stay: Radisson Royal in Moscow

were you happy with the hotel/stay: absolutely, it was fantastic

what room did you book and what upgrade did you receive: booked a standard room and received a beautiful one bedroom suite.

did you receive elite benefits: champagne and fruit

how are the rooms: the suite was beautifully decorated and very spacious.

what was good and what was bad: the hotel was fantastic. the buffet breakfast is the biggest and by far the best I have ever had. the service was excellent. the only bad thing is the location of the hotel. it is not really close to anything for the average tourist.

value for money or gold points: I thought it was an excellent value and I would return to this hotel.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
club carlson status: gold

where did you stay: Radisson Dublin Airport

were you happy with the hotel/stay: No

what room did you book and what upgrade did you receive: standard and no upgrade - agent took delight in telling me this at check-in

did you receive elite benefits: none

how are the rooms: old and dirty

what was good and what was bad: Good location, good shuttle. Bad rooms and staff and service. No air-con

value for money or gold points:Much better rates at Hilton but it is 15 mins away rather than being in the airport.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
Radisson Blu Chicago

- What is your Club Carlson status? Gold (status matched)
- Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country) Radisson Blu Chicago
- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes!
I booked a standard room using my client's discount code. I was upgraded to the Business Lounge floor.
- Did you receive elite benefits? Gold: Complimentary Room Upgrade, In-Room Welcome Gift, Lounge Access. I also received a $25 credit good at their restaurants or room service. I'm not sure if this is a Gold benefit or just standard.
- How are the rooms? They are very nice, but need more lighting. Having a balcony that faces Lake Michigan is great!
- What was good and what was bad? Everything was great!
- Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return? I'll be staying here a lot over the next 2 months.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:28 am

Park Inn, Vancouver, BC

Gold

- Where did you stay?
Park Inn, Vancouver, BC

So-so.

Booked standard award room (@38000 points – 2nights), no recognition, no upgrade, no welcome gift..

No.

- How are the rooms?
OK, now wow factor but no complaints..

Good: Well maintained hotel, not in the center of Vancouver but it is an easy 15 minutes walk or 3 metro stops and the area (W Broadway) is lively and gives you an idea of suburban Vancouver life.
The GM does read the follow-up satisfaction survey (see below)
Bad: No Gold recognition so no upgrade or welcome gift. I mentioned this on the follow up survey and received an apology email from the GM saying that it was noted on my reservation but they were full and with the front desk clerk being so busy she must have overlooked it
Not Bad but an FYI – there is a note inside the chest of drawers ‘If you need to dispose of syringes please see the front desk’ – made me wonder what sort of hotel I was in! but it is actually because the hotel is very close to major medical facilities and many visitors / discharged patients stay there – hence the hotel is often full.

So-so – like I said no wow factor but no major faults, I’d consider it for a return visit.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Radisson Blu Bucharest

Gold Elite

- Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Bucharest

Extremely happy.

Booked Standard Room (2-4-1), upgraded to Business Class Room through eStandby, received a Junior Suite. Total cost less than 100€ per night.

Upgrade - yes, welcome gift - no.

- How are the rooms?
The Junior Suite is a large room rather than a proper suite, but thoroughly enjoyable. The bathroom in particular was wonderful, with a TV-connected speaker and separate walk-in shower/bathtub.

Good:
- Nice, spacious Business Lounge with great views of Bucharest and amazing Prosecco
- Very modern look and feel across the board
- Probably the best range of affordable food & beverage options I've ever seen at a property. Some of the in-house restaurants are real gems, and worthy of a visit on their own (Sharkia, Caffe Citta)

Bad:
- Breakfast options in the Business Lounge a bit limited
- The TV size in the room was laughable (26" at most)
- Some issues with the Elite F&B discount at check-out

I feel like Bucharest was worth visiting for this property alone. Amazing stay. I'd return without hesitation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.