Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club/Executive lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2013, 6:11 pm

Club/Executive lounges?

Here in the Upper Midwest where Carlson/Radisson started, most, if not all Radissons and Radisson Blu hotels have executive floors and lounges that are open only to people on the executive floor. They have lock out elevators that exclude access to to whole floor, but once you get to the floor you're not checked again. Country Inn and Suites do not have executive lounges at all, as far as I can tell.

I think the general rule in North America is that Radissons and Blus have lounges, although there are obviously some exceptions, and no CIS does.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Radisson in Sydney has a fine executive floor and lounge on the 5th floor with free booze etc
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Here is one of the exceptions: I don't believe that the Radisson Reagan National Airport (Crystal City, VA) has a lounge.

Cheers -

Originally Posted by Molinelaw
Here in the Upper Midwest where Carlson/Radisson started, most, if not all Radissons and Radisson Blu hotels have executive floors and lounges that are open only to people on the executive floor. They have lock out elevators that exclude access to to whole floor, but once you get to the floor you're not checked again. Country Inn and Suites do not have executive lounges at all, as far as I can tell.

I think the general rule in North America is that Radissons and Blus have lounges, although there are obviously some exceptions, and no CIS does.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:56 pm

Radisson Blu Royal - Brussels has a small place on the 6th floor where you can get as much coffee/water/coke as you can drink.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
There was one on the 4th floor at the Radisson Portland Airport (OR).

I also saw one at the Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel (Ireland), but the lounge seemed to be open to all hotel guests (I didn't use).
Old Mar 11, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Radisson Newport Beach @ SNA. Fairly decent lounge, small, Continental Breakfast, afternoon coffee & cookies
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by dc2447
Radisson in Sydney has a fine executive floor and lounge on the 5th floor with free booze etc
Does it serve breakfast in the executive lounge, even if it is continental. Also, do Gold elites have free access to lounge.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Molinelaw

I'm pretty sure the majority of Radisson hotels in Canada do not have lounges.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two more data points:

1) The Radisson Toronto Airport has three "executive floors" and a small executive lounge on the 15th floor where a decent breakfast spread isofered in the morning (incl. 2-3 hot items); afaik no offering in the afternoon and evening except for water / juices and cookies

2) The Park Plaza Tel Aviv has a lounge next to the restaurant: no breakfast (though Gold members seem to receive free breakfast in the restaurant which is excellent), snacks available throughout the day, 1 hot item and some wine (both of rather average quality) from 6p.m.-8p.m. IIRC
Old Mar 29, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
Park Plaza Victoria (London) has an excellent lounge, with a good breakfast, tea / coffee during day and evening snacks and drinks. Recommended.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by svasandani
Does it serve breakfast in the executive lounge, even if it is continental. Also, do Gold elites have free access to lounge.
The EL in Sydney is amazing. Not sure if Gold elites have free access, but the business class room upgrade was quite cheap.

I'd recommend taking breakfast downstairs in the restaurant though instead. Heavy dinner d'oeuvres and afternoon tea in the lounge.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Originally Posted by sferson
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge (London) has a very nice looking Executive Lounge which you can pay (something stupid like £39 per 'room' per night), but as a lowly Silver member I've no idea if CC Gold and/or Concierge members can get in for free.
Where is this lounge, I've stayed here several times and never noticed it. They have a good fitness room.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by KiwiRob
Where is this lounge, I've stayed here several times and never noticed it. They have a good fitness room.
It's hard to miss! It's in the main atrium as you look out over Westmister Bridge and the Houses of Parliament above the main entrance. The internal rooms look directly down at it or you can see it from the lift lobby.

Highly recommended great full English breakfast, full afternoon tea and 2 hours of drinks / canapés which are enough for dinner.

Pricing has changed to £33 single, £49 double occupancy.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:47 pm

Do CC gold members get access to Lounge?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jr1202sr
Do CC gold members get access to Lounge?
Sometimes, but it's not a published benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.