Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

If Terravision low cost airport bus cancels departure, is reasonable to cover taxi?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If Terravision low cost airport bus cancels departure, is reasonable to cover taxi?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:16 am
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

I would love to get your independent advice on this issue, all:

If we were scheduled to take a Terravision bus (you know the low cost airport bus carrier that services Ryanair-style airports), and the bus departure got canceled -- and due to a simultaneous national train strike we had no other means to get to our departure airport except a $150 taxi ride away...

Would it be within the realm of possibility to suggest that Terravision is responsible for reimbursement of the taxi ride?

Or should I basically consider that trying to milk blood from a stone, insist on refund of the original bus fare, and leave it at that?

Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance
I would just insist on refund and leave it, if you have travel insurance then they will be the one who you have a chance to milk out the taxi charges.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:33 am

All public transport operators have exclusions for circumstances beyond their control. Here are Terravision's
http://http://www.terravision.eu/ter...sponsabilities

In short - no chance of compensation
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:18 pm
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM
Thanks for all your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.