Community
Wiki Posts
Search

itsthewow

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:44 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
itsthewow

I received a call, supposedly from tripadvisor. I did bite on automated speech and transferred to a Spanish person that offered the world to go see a timeshare presentation.

Two total trips, one in Cancun (5 days / 4 nights), one in Punta Cana or Costa Rica (6 days / 5 nights). I said would not do over phone so they sent me to some other place. I did not bite but did get an E-mail with options and can get deal. E-mail with properties were from this itsthewow place.

$700 total for both all inclusive for two adults and two children, All liquor, food, non motorized sports (like snorkeling).

$150 taxes for each at time of booking. Of course a presentation. She said she had my name because I saw presentation somewhere else, she was 100 percent correct.

Seems like a great deal and I know Hilton, etc has good offers to go for same type but not this good.

Anyone heard of this outfit?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
itsthewow

Timeshare Presentations in Mexico always have made me leery, they are NOT under any USA laws to provide what they say they will or conclude the presentation after 90 minutes. Sometimes when something sounds to good to be true it is. Be forewarned

Last edited by mike2200; Mar 6, 2016 at 11:52 am
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Never heard of Trip Advisor ringing anyone.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 4:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There are some missing descriptive words in the OP so maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but it seems to me the this is the beginning of 'there's one born every minute' situation.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:11 am

how come tripadvisor is ringing people, do they change their services?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 6:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The call was not from Trip Advisor. It was from a timeshare sales group who slipped the name in to the pitch in order to get a higher call acceptance rate; seems like it worked pretty well in this case.

Not too surprising that one timeshare company sold the name of its marks to another. That's how they keep growing.

The company in question has a decent website and looks like it can sell you hotels in a few places: http://itsthewow.com/pruebasitio/. None of them look like deals good enough for me to want to sit for 2 hours and deal with a timeshare presentation, though. Especially at the prices listed. Not a good enough discount.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:52 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by sbm12
The call was not from Trip Advisor. It was from a timeshare sales group who slipped the name in to the pitch in order to get a higher call acceptance rate; seems like it worked pretty well in this case.

Not too surprising that one timeshare company sold the name of its marks to another. That's how they keep growing.

The company in question has a decent website and looks like it can sell you hotels in a few places: http://itsthewow.com/pruebasitio/. None of them look like deals good enough for me to want to sit for 2 hours and deal with a timeshare presentation, though. Especially at the prices listed. Not a good enough discount.
I did go to website you found and looked up one they discussed. To book on actual resort webite, for all inclusive was 1700 for 5 days / 4 nights, my offer is a thousand dollars less and I would get 6 days 5 nights in Costa Rica or Punta Cana . I think I will bite, no way I'll commit to a timeshare and willing to waste a few hours. I'm sure most of us have done a presentation for a free show or meal.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:09 pm

Did you end up biting for the promo? I also received a call yesterday and wondering if they (itsthewow) are legit. Please share your experience. Thanks bunch!!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by thepla
I did go to website you found and looked up one they discussed. To book on actual resort webite, for all inclusive was 1700 for 5 days / 4 nights, my offer is a thousand dollars less and I would get 6 days 5 nights in Costa Rica or Punta Cana . I think I will bite, no way I'll commit to a timeshare and willing to waste a few hours. I'm sure most of us have done a presentation for a free show or meal.
Did you end up biting for the promo? I also received a call yesterday and wondering if they (itsthewow) are legit. Please share your experience. Thanks bunch!!
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Sounds like a high-pressure sleazeball timeshare hawker.

It's probably "legit" in that it exists and functions to hawk timeshares. They'll give you a "deal" that looks better than it really is to get you there and then put you through 2 hours of high-pressure sales to buy a *really* bad deal.

If you're dying to view a timeshare, I'd recommend Marriott. (I'm talking viewing, not actually buying.) I've found their presentations to be tasteful, over in less than 90 minutes, and accepting when I say NO.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
If you need to ask, it's probably safe to say that you should stay away.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: Its The Wow
Originally Posted by thepla
I received a call, supposedly from tripadvisor. I did bite on automated speech and transferred to a Spanish person that offered the world to go see a timeshare presentation.

Two total trips, one in Cancun (5 days / 4 nights), one in Punta Cana or Costa Rica (6 days / 5 nights). I said would not do over phone so they sent me to some other place. I did not bite but did get an E-mail with options and can get deal. E-mail with properties were from this itsthewow place.

$700 total for both all inclusive for two adults and two children, All liquor, food, non motorized sports (like snorkeling).

$150 taxes for each at time of booking. Of course a presentation. She said she had my name because I saw presentation somewhere else, she was 100 percent correct.

Seems like a great deal and I know Hilton, etc has good offers to go for same type but not this good.

Anyone heard of this outfit?
Hello regret the misunderstanding on Trip Advisor are already taking action on the matter , I have and I talk over 4 years with our service and we have not had any problems if you have any questions write to [email protected] CM
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:13 pm

So did anyone bought the deal and went on its vacation? I just a got a call too.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: Its The Wow
Hello to buy a holiday with us , you are not obligated to buy the time share for years . They are called smart vacation. CM
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:30 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Moderator Note: I think a better home for this thread would be the Budget Travel forum. Please continue the discussion over there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.