Search

NYE skitrip from NYC - SLC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
NYE skitrip from NYC - SLC

Hello,

I am new to the forums and was wondering if anyone knows of a good way to get a cheap flight (via tons of layovers or using half miles half cash to fly)?

I have a bunch of miles, but a friend who I'm travelling with doesn't so will have to pay for her ticket. Because of this I will either end up flying, but in any case have to be conscious of cost when finding a ticket.

We are looking to go from NYC - SLC roundtrip for about 5 nights ranging from 12/26 - 1/3. I know this is a peak time to travel so it will be challenging to find a "good deal," but maybe its possible. These flight have priced at $650+ (and thats at the low end -i.e. bad times, 2 connections, worst days)

We are also possibly considering doing a multiple city trip to maybe find a cheap fare somewhere, so for example:

NYC - SLC 12/26
SLC - LAS 12/30
LAS - NYC 1/2

The cheapest I've found for this 3 leg trip is $705. Not bad, but a lot just for adding in another leg to reduce the cost.

If anyone has done something like this before or has any tips, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.