Wiki Posts
Search

Pricing Error

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Pricing Error

Hello

I recently made a reservation with Budget using USAA for the discount. When I came upon the prices/car selection page, there was an option for a $0.52 rental of an SUV. So I clicked it thinking it would change at the end but it didn't and I confirmed a reservation for 6 days for about $9 total, essentially paying just the taxes.

What's the chances of Budget honoring this? If I were to "pay now", would that matter, too?

Thank you
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:17 pm

Sounds like you lucked out. A few times I've scored deals like that, once it was $1/day and another was $5/day for a Camaro. Both of those were honored and the desk agent just said something like "looks like you got a good rate!" I wouldn't call in to verify it because that would give them reason to investigate and possibly adjust your rate. Just keep your confirmation email with your rate, and make a back-up reservation at another rental car agency just in case something happens when you show up. That being said, sounds like you got lucky and enjoy your SUV.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by heyvinny89
If I were to "pay now", would that matter, too?
How much would you save by going the 'Pay Now' route?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:11 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Interesting! I've never seen this, but they aren't required to honor it. Hopefully they will as a goodwill gesture. As noted above, definitely have a back-up reservation and don't throw too much of a fit if they don't honor it. I would do the pay now option, if possible, to have more leverage against them.

Care to share any details on the rental (approx date, location) so we can try to find the score? Or if it's on the east coast, just PM me and I'll see if I can make use of it if you don't want to post publicly.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:47 am
Original Poster

IAH, It was out of Long Beach. I do have a backup option but I don't want to use it haha. I've tried to recreate the rate but it's not working and must have been a one time glitch.

So now I decided to log on to my reservation to see if I could "pay now" and it is showing the "confirmed rate" as $468. However I have the email of the "confirmed rate" being the $10 and change I mentioned earlier. I feel like it's too good to be true and they won't honor it. Anyone had any luck with this new situation before?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Pricing Error

I have rented for 99 cents per day but never quite that low. I wouldn't worry about it and just go rent it. If they jack your rate, file a credit card dispute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.