Adding child seat to existing reservation

Old Oct 29, 14, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Adding child seat to existing reservation

I have a reservation for Thanksgiving week, which I booked a few months ago at a decent rate. I called today to add a toddler seat and they said any modifications would result in a new rate for the car, which I guess is today's rate. They can't just add the car seat...

Is this right? The total price jumped about $130, with about $50 being for the car seat and $80 being for the new rate...
Old Oct 30, 14, 9:47 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
I can't speak specifically for Budget, but Avis (their corp partner) has the same policy. I would suggest:
1. Calling the location a few days before to see if they can hold a seat for you, since it might be tough to get one that week.
2. Look at having a back-up reservation at another agency, if you can get a price less than the new Budget price.
Old Oct 30, 14, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler View Post
I can't speak specifically for Budget, but Avis (their corp partner) has the same policy. I would suggest:
1. Calling the location a few days before to see if they can hold a seat for you, since it might be tough to get one that week.
2. Look at having a back-up reservation at another agency, if you can get a price less than the new Budget price.
Thanks. I may book another reservation just in case. I'd hate to get there and not get a car seat...then we're stuck!

Search this Thread