Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Moderator note:
This thread was archived on 01 February 2015. You can follow the active discussion in the When is the next BA sale? thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Print Wikipost

[Q: When is the] Next BA Sale? [A: We don't know]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:59 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
If I knew the answer to that then I would be very rich and powerful I honestly don't know - the ex-AMS J flights to SYD have come down from almost £8K to just over £6K and you can also apply shareholder discount.
That's the price for 2 people right?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Some good news. ex-AMS to SYD has come down in J since Monday. Hopefully we may see some cheaper LHR fares soon?
am watching with baited breath for F to open up fopr feb march or april
Old Aug 21, 2012, 6:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by nux
Yes its about £6,200 before shareholder discount for dates in January and February 2013
Old Aug 21, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by nux
I think so - I am seeing J fares rtn ex AMS to SYD for March 2013 at €3990 or £3140 per person. About £900 cheaper than ex-LHR.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:52 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
BA Sale: USA - India till 21 August 2012 in eco/premium eco ($400 off)

Should have put this out earlier, my bad. BA has a sale on Sep 2012 - May 2013 excluding a 15 day window in December 2012 for round trip purchase.

Here are the details:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...itish-airways/
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
I think so - I am seeing J fares rtn ex AMS to SYD for March 2013 at €3990 or £3140 per person. About £900 cheaper than ex-LHR.
The 'Low Fare Finder' suggests that J class returns LHR-SYD are available from £3234 in Jan and Feb but on reviewing all dates from 01 Jan - 30 Mar the lowest return bookable at the moment is £4033.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
The 'Low Fare Finder' suggests that J class returns LHR-SYD are available from £3234 in Jan and Feb but on reviewing all dates from 01 Jan - 30 Mar the lowest return bookable at the moment is £4033.
Thats what I found too - ex-AMS with shareholder discount is £2,850 in February
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
I can see that and I can also see that for the same period LHR-SIN is showing as £3258 aka it costs £24 more to go a shorter distance
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
Hello rhenkt and welcome to FT.

Yes this sale is only ex-UK. There's no ex-US BA sale at the moment. However, there is an AA sale on at the moment from the US to Europe if that's any interest?
Thank you very much for your help.

The AA sale isn't very good, actually the rates are higher than the BA non sale prices.

I find it a little strange that LAX-LHR is $200 more expensive than LHR-LAX on the same dates, but what do I know!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by rhenkt
I find it a little strange that LAX-LHR is $200 more expensive than LHR-LAX on the same dates, but what do I know!
It's actually quite common. At the moment the BA business fare LHR-MIA-LHR is substantially below the MIA-LHR-MIA fare. About $1,000 less. I wish I was going the other way.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
It's actually quite common. At the moment the BA business fare LHR-MIA-LHR is substantially below the MIA-LHR-MIA fare. About $1,000 less. I wish I was going the other way.
I'm actually the best gauge for this.

If I'm looking to head to the States, you can pretty much bank on their being an ex-US sale.

If I have no reason to travel stateside (right now, for example) then you're almost guaranteed to see an ex-UK sale.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:56 pm

Well then, that's good to know.

Again sorry if this is a dumb question, but historically does BA have ex-US sales, and if so what time of the year have they been in the past.

Last edited by rhenkt; Aug 21, 2012 at 6:11 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 6:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by rhenkt
Well then, that's good to know.

Again sorry if this is a dumb question, but historically does BA have ex-US sales, and if so what time of the year have they been in the past.
Yes they do. The last one was earlier this summer. I've only been out here for a year or so though so I don't have much first hand experience on ex-US sales to go on.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:31 pm

ex-US great prices to Paris

I know there isn't supposed to be an ex-US sale right now but I just booked today a round trip NYC-PAR via LHR for this coming September for 1065 USD... in WT+. Using the chase BA 10% discount.

Sounds like an amazing price for me, don't think I have ever seen WT+ that low on this route (but please correct me if I a wrong). I usually fly Openskies non stop but for the same dates the price was almost twice as high... and I like the F lounge at Heathrow

Am leaving on 9/12, returning on 9/16. Coming back 9/15 (without the saturday night stay) triggered a much higher price though.

A.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by T8191
Be calm, brothers in arms.

BA will be launching a sale in a couple of weeks.
End of month, be brave.
Fortunately I ignored this advice and took the £1580 CW return to JFK that was going at the time (and which I mentioned then). If I bought it now it would cost £3900.

Now if I want to travel in late October (which I also do) then it is cheaper to book now. (It would have been £2400 two week ago). So I shall.

You need to know a sale fare when you see one, regardless of what BA calls it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.