Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC Card Design

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2004, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
BAEC Card Design

Sounds a bit sad, I know, but does anyone have a picture of what the 4 different BAEC cards look like (Blue, Silver, Gold, Premier)? I'm mainly interested in the design of the new cards, although for nostalgia, I'd also like images of the old design too
Old Oct 13, 2004, 3:34 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
are you going to try and "make" your own Gold Card?
with some photoshop magic?
Old Oct 13, 2004, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ajinlondon
are you going to try and "make" your own Gold Card?
with some photoshop magic?
Lol - if only it were that simple . I think there might be a slight problem trying to persuade BAEC that I had a gold status (in fact, why not go for permier???) simply because I had a card . I just like the design and have never seen what a premier card looks like. I currently have blue, and had one of the old-style silvers a few years back and i'd just like to see what all the new cards look like together
Old Oct 13, 2004, 4:31 am
Suspended

Super Premier Card

I think you forgot the fifth card, the ubiquitous "transparent" colour. Might be tricky to photograph, though .
Old Oct 13, 2004, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apudme
I think you forgot the fifth card, the ubiquitous "transparent" colour. Might be tricky to photograph, though .
ROFL
Old Oct 13, 2004, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Old style Gold/Silver/Blue cards

and after a bit of a search on here an old Premier card

Last edited by fbgdavidson; Oct 13, 2004 at 12:33 pm
Old Oct 13, 2004, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Or use the high res (almost DIY quality) images

http://www.ba4business.com/file/sk/b...55badd5f585328

http://www.ba4business.com/file/sk/s...55badd5f585328

http://www.ba4business.com/file/sk/g...55badd5f585328

Sadly no Premier that I could find.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Oct 13, 2004 at 1:13 pm
Old Oct 13, 2004, 1:49 pm

Here's the prem card but certainly not DIY quality - except from a (very long) distance

https://www.britishairways.com/check.../card_prem.gif
Old Oct 13, 2004, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

thanks to FBG, bugfly and Jimmy for the images

If anyone comes across the new prem card, please post a link.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 4:09 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
In the picture the gold card looks much shinnier than the actual card. Mine is something of a copper color more than gold. Maybe from being in my wallet too long.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
In the picture the gold card looks much shinnier than the actual card. Mine is something of a copper color more than gold. Maybe from being in my wallet too long.
I agree, I had to look twice to belive I had the current card. The online images must have been airbrushed
Old Oct 14, 2004, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I've got a new style card and my name is all in capitals, different to the specimen cards shown
Old Oct 14, 2004, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
I also just noticed that the silver and gold cards show an expiry date whilst the blue doesn't.

My card doesn't have an expiry date, and like fbgdavidson my name is in capitals as well.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 4:48 am
Original Poster

I have to say that I think the design is a vast improvement on the old style cards. Then again, I like the minimalist look

I think the reason these cards look brighter than the actual cards is that these images are designed for reproduction in magazines and websites etc. I would imagine they have used the same artwork on the actual cards, but the colours will differ because of the different print process used.

These are ideal for me, as it's just the look of the cards I was after
Old Oct 14, 2004, 5:32 am
dnw

New-style Silver is much more like Grey too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.