Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2004, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Ah Trader Vic's, got one of those in Bahrain.

Unlike its London sibling, it's not located in a basement, moreover in a spectacular Polynesian style building next to the beach, in the gardens of the islands best hotel.

The food is excellent and the bar is the perfect place to polish off a few Mojito prior to heading into town........
Old May 11, 2004, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
At trader vics (london hilton) last year they charged me 25 quid for a plate of soggy chips 2 bottles of weasel wee wee and a coke excellent value, not!

Last edited by jaguarpig; May 11, 2004 at 6:47 am
Old May 11, 2004, 7:05 pm

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
Originally Posted by dnw
I was under the fingers of the masseuse in the Arrivals lounge at just that time... small world
Wow. I very nearly went down to the Arrivals lounge too (was on a layover off a SIN flight, so could have blagged my way in). I was in the queue for the MB Spa and around 10 (in fact, this is why I was going thru the Concorde Room door at that time) went down to threaten using the Arrivals lounge instead, as my flight left at 11:10.

Bumped into Brandon (from the AA boards) in the ORD Flagship lounge on Sunday. Maybe I should stick a FT tag on my bag - the world may get even smaller.

Incidentally, as I discovered, the Arrivals lounge notes down your class of travel when they book you in, and prioritise the wait list using this. They were doing all the Fs first, then the Js, and there was some poor bloke in M who'd probably been waiting 3 hours - if he was still there. When I finally got in, from a list of about 20, they had ticked off all 4 in F and noone else.
Old May 11, 2004, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by whmere
Incidentally, as I discovered, the Arrivals lounge notes down your class of travel when they book you in, and prioritise the wait list using this. They were doing all the Fs first, ...
Excellent! This answers a question I've been meaning to ask.

MinS
Old May 12, 2004, 6:57 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by MikeinSIN
Excellent! This answers a question I've been meaning to ask.

MinS
WHAT!!??

Darling, are you seriously telling me you queue for the showers!!! Are the Fs dirtier than the CW, I ask myself. Do you have to stand in the used suds that have fallen from the bodies of the likes of BigLar or Nologic?

Are you sure that this is the British Airways arrivals lounge?? Sounds more like a massage parlour to me? Dear God, that would sell a few premium tickets? Do award people get in?
Old May 12, 2004, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Jean Claude Van Dam

Doing LAX-LHR often as I do, I see loads of celebs. The most recent on BA was Jean Claude Van Dam in F. Late into the LHR-LAX flight I went to the lav, when I came out he was doing deep knee bend exercises just outside the door. He's a little fellow, but quite fit.

The only British celeb I had any kind of conversation with was John Cleese, but that was on my one and only LHR-LAX trip on AA. He was extremely nice!
Old May 12, 2004, 9:57 am
Lux

Originally Posted by Dakota
Also, love Lux's reference to "popular scandal sheet" Pop***** - consistently funny and required reading for those of a prurient disposition.
Who cares if it's true? It all sounds genuine
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:53 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Lothar Späth (former German politician) travelled LHR-STR in Club Europe (30/06/2005). I saw him again in STR at the baggage desk claiming a missing suitcase.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Not a celeb in the Posh n' Becks sense but sat next to Lord Chief Justice Sir Robert Carswell yesterday on JER-LGW. He was a Blue
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:50 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
My wife sat next to David Beckham in C from Pisa to LGW back in '99. It was a few weeks before they got married (to Posh, not my wife that is). My wife recalls that on landing at LGW, the Beckham entourage (Posh, Nanny and baby Brooklyn) were allowed off first and everyone thought they would be wisked off and someone else would collect their baggage. But when all the other pax got to the carousels, DB and Posh were there and the nanny and Brooklyn had gone ahead. DB was happy to talk to some young fans and sign autographs but Posh would not and just pouted and kept her head down. Bet they would not collect their own bags now but back in '99 he was not quite the world star nor the England captain.

I had the pleasure of sitting next to Robert Carlyle of the Full Monty fame, again back in the late 90's from MAD-LHR. Really nice chap to talk to but he was not too happy when the crew announced the duty free sales as they said over the PA, "We really do have the full range on board today, in fact we have the full monty for you". He said this was a bit of an invasion of his privacy as it just confirmed the rumour the other pax had already picked up. Lo and behold a couple of Y pax managed to sneak in to C and pester him for his autograph
Old Jul 18, 2005, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA & VS
The only famous people I have seen on BA are Sir Matthew Pinsent and James Cracknell coming back from a training camp in BCN.

Originally Posted by BOH
DB was happy to talk to some young fans and sign autographs but Posh would not and just pouted and kept her head down. Bet they would not collect their own bags now but back in '99 he was not quite the world star nor the England captain.
I once stayed in the Worsley Park Marriott Hotel and Country Club in Manchester and happened to arrive at reception when the Adams family (der der der der) were checking in in front of me. Got a big from me for being stuck up and walking around as if they owned the place. DB arrived later in the evening and was a top guy. Chatted to people and signed things when asked. His parents were also friendly unlike DB's in-laws.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 1:10 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by BOH
he was not too happy when the crew announced the duty free sales as they said over the PA, "We really do have the full range on board today, in fact we have the full monty for you". He said this was a bit of an invasion of his privacy
I'm with him on that, it's the sort of thing a BMI or Easyjet crew would do; though in this case at least they attempted to be slightly subtle.

Would've been more amusing had it been Alec Guinness and some unfortunate had thought of mentioning Star Wars. I suspect Cap'n Love Handles would have been forced to call for an air rage team to meet them on landing
Old Jul 18, 2005, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by BOH
...were allowed off first and everyone thought they would be wisked off and someone else would collect their baggage. But when all the other pax got to the carousels, DB and Posh were there and the nanny and Brooklyn had gone ahead. DB was happy to talk to some young fans and sign autographs but Posh would not and just pouted and kept her head down. Bet they would not collect their own bags now but back in '99 he was not quite the world star nor the England captain.
Well, I was with Keanu Reeves in January LHR-LAX. He (a) was very civil to the lady fans around him during boarding; (b) got off one of the last before WT+ (being a 747 where J downstairs get off before F and him being in 1A); and (c) waited like everyone else for his luggage, albeit with a lovely looking lady (who had not travelled with him) by his side.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Having been forced to drive to Manchester to to watch my footy team play once, becuase the flight was full, we missed the company of Posh Spice who I was told was on that flight.

So we get to Old Trafford and was sitting in the directors box (long story) along with the rest of my family, back in the days of the Spice Grills being popular. Posh is there (and the cameras are all over her) but she is sitting, not with the other players families, but in the directors box, two rows behind us!

We watch the match, might even have won, though I doubt it, and afterwards enjoyed a few drinks in the Directors room. Whilst there, DB comes up to meet Posh, who is looking fairly bored. Mum tells my little brother (I refused point blank) to go and get Posh's autograph for our cousin who was Spice mad. So he walks over, slightly pissed off & very uninterested, and says to her "Can I have your autograph for my cousin?" DB says "Say please" My brother now slightly more pissed off says "can I have your autograph Please?"

He gets her moniker and a few days later a chance arrives for him to hand this over to his cousin, he is at least going to get the admiration of his cousin for his hard work. That is until he hands it to her, and she says thanks, then announces that she isn't that interested in the Spice Grills anymore.

Spike Milligan was in Club on a flight to the US I once took, I was sitting in Y though so I couldn't tell if he was actually there, but the crew were all saying how nice he was, when they came back through the curtain.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I've sat beside Bishop Desmond Tutu in the Terraces terminal one in heathrow.
The Duchess of York with her daughters were at the front of the club cabin from Heathrow to Nice about 6 seats in front of me.They were actually standing at the door with some security people as we were leaving.
On flights from Heathrow to Dublin , back when Aer lingus still had a business cabin,I had the pleasure of sitting behind Samantha Mumba with her mum ^
Ken doherty ,the snooker player and on another flight I was sitting behind james hewitt.That was on a friday and that evening he appeared as a guest on RTÉ's late late show.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.