Wiki Posts
Search

Silver member + companion... Allowance?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
I had a similar situation to the OP.

I made a booking for family members on one PNR with 2 passengers ( 1 Silver and 1 Blue)

• The baggage allowance is shown at the flight segment level (and is applicable to all passengers) this is what it shows. Shows 2 bags at 23kg.
• I then called the GGL line and they confirmed what I had read on the Silver Benefits page and agreed that it should say 2 Bags at 32kg
• I asked them to add a note to the PNR “Silver – 2 bags at 32kg per passenger” to avoid confusion at checkin.

Name:  SILVER_BAGGAGE.PNG
Views: 441
Size:  19.4 KB

Silver Benefits

Name:  SILVER_BAGGAGE2.PNG
Views: 422
Size:  21.4 KB

Last edited by deboyzoned; Sep 13, 2017 at 8:37 am
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Originally Posted by DrBernardo
I think this is a case of BA shifting their advice. I certainly seem to remember a time in the not too distant past where what PETER01 said was true - the extra weight limit only applied to the card holder, whereas the extra bag applied to everyone on the PNR.
I was going to type something very similar to this. I am sure someone with more patience than me can try the Wayback Machine on that page, but I suspect this is a relatively recent change (and possibly a mistake?) since if I was replying to a newcomer, without checking I would have said "same number of bags, but no weight uplift".
There has been a distinct change on this.

It was discussed here at the time of the change. But because (a) it was brought in quietly by BA and (b) it was a change in the passengers' favour, it attracted very little interest here.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Why can't they get the text right on the PNR ... it says 2 bags at 23kg, should say 2 bags at 32kg!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:33 am
Formerly known as joannerose66

Programs: Gold BA Exec, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Answer is simple. As you are both on the same PNR ... You both have baggage allowance of 2 * 32 KG.

Go to Manage My Booking, select 1 of the flight segments and then click on the Baggage section. Here it will say 23kg (That is wrong as confirmed with GGL Line), as it is 32Kg

Baggage allowance
Checked baggage per passenger

Adults, young adults and children:

2 bags at 23kg (51lbs)

Maximum bag size: 90cm x 75cm x 43cm (35.5in x 29.5in x 16in)

Apologies for bringing this topic up again.... I've just emptied out half my suitcase because I was going by the information in MMB and was just checking through some Flyer Talk threads on baggage allowance before deciding whether I should leave half my shopping in the US office for me to then collect on another trip.

I booked my ticket with BA: I flew to US in WTP with BA and will be flying home in Y on AA (BA 125 Ticket number). MMB says 3 bags @ 23 KG each.... am I actually allowed 32kg each?

To note: I've been elsewhere in the US this trip on a separate PNR (used Avios on an AA flight) and was asked to reshuffle my bags by the AA staff at check-in because two of them were over 23kg. I realised I could have argued because OWE gets 3 x 32kg/70lbs baggage allowance, but was early and I was tired...

But just want to be clear on the flight home on AA on a BA ticket - what's my weight limit per bag?

Any clarity would be appreciated!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
OWE on AA gets 3 x 23kg unless in business or first when it is 3 x 32kg.

However the BA website states that if your flight on a different airline has a BA flight number then you should get the BA allowance - 3 bags for WTP, 2 bags for Econ (both at 32kg). You should get the WTP allowance (unless you booked in the last few days).

So you should get 3x32kg but I think a discussion is quite possible!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
No, AA Executive Platinum and Oneworld Emerald gets three bags at 32kg (each).

Complimentary bags...
1st, 2nd and 3rd checked bags are complimentary for:
  • Confirmed First Class customers on 3-cabin aircraft
  • AAdvantageŽ Executive Platinum
  • oneworldŽ Emerald
Overweight baggage

First and Business Class, Executive Platinum and oneworld Emerald members can check baggage up to 70 lbs / 32 kgs at no extra cost.
Even in economy. AA treat their top elites, and transitively BA Gold, well.

Last edited by flatlander; Oct 30, 2017 at 3:33 pm Reason: formatting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.