Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich Lounge Status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Yup, and they ain't getting better. I really don't know what the deal is here, whether MUC is going to raze the terminal or remodel radically, to the point where they've told BA to not bother doing anything here. I've shuttled around euro lounges which are by all accounts shocking, and they ain't a patch bad on MUC. I have to believe something is brewing badly in the terminal, this is a big business destination, lots of O/D flying, just does not make sense. I do take the point that, if this were going to be my long term regular route, I would have to switch to LH overall.
T1B is getting a major rework till 2018, and then a new pier in 2018-22. AB will scale down operations ex MUC significantly next summer, leaving only flights to DUS & TXL, so T1 A will get emptier. T1B/C currently has the problem of major traffic with the ME3 having 2-3 flights a day each and a lot of U2 departures to GB. Some non *A carriers are due to move to T2 to relieve congestion in T1B/C. In either case I don't know why BA isn't buying some new furniture for the lounge.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: B A Gold
Originally Posted by Rexy52
I should have been warned by the lounge sign, which points to both the British Airways Galleries Lounge and the Herren-Toiletten, but I have never seen such fllthy furniture in an airline lounge - grubby, worn and stained armchairs and sofas in the part furthest from the entrance (I have photos, but haven't worked out how to add them here).

The lady at the lounge desk was clearly highly embarrassed when I asked her who was responsible for the management of the lounge (I was obviously one of many to do so) and said that the lounge is due to be refurbished. But for heaven's sake, what sort of mentality is it to have your premium lounge containing furniture which looks like it belongs in a skip?
Really .... Try some small lounges in China and Vietnam .... Literally would not sit down in them, shiny with grime, I have walked out and sat on concourse floor as looked cleaner !
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Laphroaig57
Really .... Try some small lounges in China and Vietnam .... Literally would not sit down in them, shiny with grime, I have walked out and sat on concourse floor as looked cleaner !
I have been in some pretty mediocre lounges in Africa too.

Although not quite sure what the relevance is to this thread?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
It was a mess in 2014 when I last visited. I remember a sofa with a missing seat cushion. I'm sure I read before my visit that it was a great lounge but I didn't feel that, now it sounds like it's on a constant decline.

I'll be back there soon and I think I'll spent more time in Airbrau and minimal time in the lounge.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by layz
It was a mess in 2014 when I last visited. I remember a sofa with a missing seat cushion. I'm sure I read before my visit that it was a great lounge but I didn't feel that, now it sounds like it's on a constant decline.

I'll be back there soon and I think I'll spent more time in Airbrau and minimal time in the lounge.
Good call. Not much point being in that decrepit lounge when by the time you get down to the gate the priority boarding line is already 2/3 of the plane long most of the time on that route. Stay in Airbrau as long as possible and use the regular boarding line. It's not just the filth on those sofas it's also that a number of them have almost collapsed.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Just worked out how to upload photos.

How can anyone in BA find this acceptable? (BTW, these are two separate sofas.)
Attached Images   
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Perhaps one of us sould invest in a <100ml upholstery cleaner bottle and clean one cushion each time we are there?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Delightful lounge angel at MUC told me that they are expecting new furniture from London within the next 10 days. She also advised some catering changes - healthier options and salads in addition to the current - somewhat narrowly framed - faire.

Last edited by Purim; Feb 9, 2017 at 1:41 pm
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I am there several times over the coming weeks. Will report back.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
it´s good to see that I´m not the only one who was shocked to see the status of the sofas, the first time I went there they were also "decorated" with some bread crumbs, on my second visit I didn´t go near them and settled in the seating section next to the exit. The TXL lounge was ways better, shouldn´t have moved to Munich ;-)
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Purim
Delightful lounge angel at MUC told me that they are expecting new furniture from London within the next 10 days. She also advised some catering changes - healthier options and salads in addition to the current - somewhat narrowly framed - faire.
As long as they keep the ice cream fridge well stocked, I'm ok.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
That's a shame. I'll be there this week.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Great news, but what will we moan about once they do?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by navylad
Great news, but what will we moan about once they do?
I'll be there in 3 weeks. Hopefully the new furniture coming from London isn't recycled from the CCR.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I'll miss the old furniture. It was so abysmal it was iconic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.