Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA military discount and first airline to sign AFC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder

Fantastic news that BA is the first airline to sign the Armed Forces Covenant and is offering 10% discount on all of its products to currently serving, veterans and their spouses.

http://www.cityam.com/252780/british...-cent-discount
frandrake likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Well done BA.

In the US, the Military Discount is a revered and well deserved discount.

While I have not served, I respect those who have, and genuinely think the US discounts ought to be offered in the UK too.

M
mec72, PJSMITH0 and Jambon87 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Well done, BA ^ I suspect one current CCR member in particular will be very happy to learn that he now gets to enjoy his copious alcohol intake 10% cheaper
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Good on BA, nice to have some goods news about BA for a change.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC
I wonder what the definition of "Veteran" is, I am a veteran of the Cold War era, do I qualify for a discount even though it is over 20 years since I served?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
I wonder what the definition of "Veteran" is, I am a veteran of the Cold War era, do I qualify for a discount even though it is over 20 years since I served?

I would hope

cs
frandrake likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Seriously? Amazing!!

30 Years for me, 25 years for iWife .... now, how do we prove it to BA?

How on earth are BA going to manage/filter/validate this process? They have enough difficulty managing normal bookings! Nothing seen on BA.com yet.

Last edited by T8191; Nov 2, 2016 at 2:02 pm
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
The article mentions a secure website so I wonder if it will accessed from the Reward for Forces website? Doesn't sound like it will be via the normal BA website or app.

A veteran will be anyone who has served in the armed forces regardless of how long ago it was.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SonTech
The article mentions a secure website so I wonder if it will accessed from the Reward for Forces website? Doesn't sound like it will be via the normal BA website or app.

A veteran will be anyone who has served in the armed forces regardless of how long ago it was.
Hmmm ... a 3rd Party outfit? I had looked at them before, and decided to close the tab. A little bit of TMI. I'll wait for BA to say something formally - it has great potential for scamming and mis-handling.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC, FB, QANTAS, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, AVIS Preferred, MRAeS
Sounds good, I look forward to hearing more.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is BA looking to fill the seats that have been left empty by people walking away from BA? I can't believe Sr. Cruz is that altruistic.
alvinlwh likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
You know that "Veterans" badge they gave you when you left? Could be handy now!!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The media quote said 'from today' ... so where is this 'Secure Website. of which they speak? Typical BA cr@p implementation, or just rubbish Meeja reporting?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Vs have previously offered an MOD discount for those serving in the forces and MOD civil servants.

There was a number (? service number) you had to give when booking direct with VS which proved you qualified.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by T8191
The media quote said 'from today' ... so where is this 'Secure Website. of which they speak? Typical BA cr@p implementation, or just rubbish Meeja reporting?
Agree - I can't find the secure website yet!

aks120

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.