FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA military discount and first airline to sign AFC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1800161-ba-military-discount-first-airline-sign-afc.html)

navylad Nov 2, 2016 12:59 pm

BA military discount and first airline to sign AFC

Fantastic news that BA is the first airline to sign the Armed Forces Covenant and is offering 10% discount on all of its products to currently serving, veterans and their spouses.

http://www.cityam.com/252780/british...-cent-discount

msm2000uk Nov 2, 2016 1:03 pm

Well done BA.

In the US, the Military Discount is a revered and well deserved discount.

While I have not served, I respect those who have, and genuinely think the US discounts ought to be offered in the UK too.

M

Filthy Monkey Nov 2, 2016 1:05 pm

Well done, BA ^ I suspect one current CCR member in particular will be very happy to learn that he now gets to enjoy his copious alcohol intake 10% cheaper :D

Worcester Nov 2, 2016 1:07 pm

Good on BA, nice to have some goods news about BA for a change.

Nimrod1965 Nov 2, 2016 1:08 pm

I wonder what the definition of "Veteran" is, I am a veteran of the Cold War era, do I qualify for a discount even though it is over 20 years since I served?

cornishsimon Nov 2, 2016 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Nimrod1965 (Post 27427373)
I wonder what the definition of "Veteran" is, I am a veteran of the Cold War era, do I qualify for a discount even though it is over 20 years since I served?

I would hope

cs

T8191 Nov 2, 2016 1:54 pm

Seriously? Amazing!!

30 Years for me, 25 years for iWife .... now, how do we prove it to BA?

How on earth are BA going to manage/filter/validate this process? They have enough difficulty managing normal bookings! Nothing seen on BA.com yet.

SonTech Nov 2, 2016 2:06 pm

The article mentions a secure website so I wonder if it will accessed from the Reward for Forces website? Doesn't sound like it will be via the normal BA website or app.

A veteran will be anyone who has served in the armed forces regardless of how long ago it was.

T8191 Nov 2, 2016 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by SonTech (Post 27427675)
The article mentions a secure website so I wonder if it will accessed from the Reward for Forces website? Doesn't sound like it will be via the normal BA website or app.

A veteran will be anyone who has served in the armed forces regardless of how long ago it was.

Hmmm ... a 3rd Party outfit? I had looked at them before, and decided to close the tab. A little bit of TMI. I'll wait for BA to say something formally - it has great potential for scamming and mis-handling.

vibrex Nov 2, 2016 2:13 pm

Sounds good, I look forward to hearing more.

T8191 Nov 2, 2016 2:19 pm

Is BA looking to fill the seats that have been left empty by people walking away from BA? I can't believe Sr. Cruz is that altruistic.

antichef Nov 2, 2016 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Nimrod1965 (Post 27427373)

You know that "Veterans" badge they gave you when you left? Could be handy now!!

T8191 Nov 2, 2016 2:27 pm

The media quote said 'from today' ... so where is this 'Secure Website. of which they speak? Typical BA cr@p implementation, or just rubbish Meeja reporting?

UKtravelbear Nov 2, 2016 2:29 pm

Vs have previously offered an MOD discount for those serving in the forces and MOD civil servants.

There was a number (? service number) you had to give when booking direct with VS which proved you qualified.

aks120 Nov 2, 2016 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 27427783)
The media quote said 'from today' ... so where is this 'Secure Website. of which they speak? Typical BA cr@p implementation, or just rubbish Meeja reporting?

Agree - I can't find the secure website yet!

aks120