FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room).

The BBQ itself will be £5 per person, pay at bar and then collect food, with a choice of:

Aberdeen Angus Beef Burger
Cumberland Sausage
Mixed Vegetable Burger

Selection of toppings and dressing, served with

Tomato and Red Onion Salad
Mixed Green Salad
New Potato Salad

Bar Prices
Bottle Beer - £3
Cider - £4
Belvoir Soft Drinks - £2

Large range of wines and champagnes including:

Bollinger £45
Joseph Perrier £30
Prosecco £15

Musar Jeune Red - £15
Sharpham Valley White - £15

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Where are you staying?
Park Plaza Riverbank - hcuk94

Attendees updated to post #255
Confirmed - 71
Accidental Scientist, aks120, BA or bust, bafan, BAGoldBoy, BAGoldBoy+1, BlackberryAddict, BLHD, BLHD+1, boost, CasaDeTony, CasaDeTony+1, Chris_G, chris1979, Cris L, danielbk, danielbk+1, DGM1985, elsanchez, ESC, frasier, frasier+1, GadgetGal, Godot, Gshumway, hcuk94, howarsan, howarsan+1, Iamnotlost, Iamnotlost+1, Iamnotlost+2, jcm9000, Jermyn, Jimmie76, JohnSydney2000, JohnSydney2000+1, KARFA, KeaneJohn, LE2, LondonAndy, LondonAndy+1, mariagri, matthandy, megaloman, missdimeaner, NoTiersForMe, nwmgc, onaswan, onemoretrip, Pandra, Pandra+1, Physci, Pilot37, pjh981, Richmond_Surrey, robertf999, Sealink, seaskybound, Sixth Freedom, skye1, small_clanger, snuffi, SleepySynapse, Sparkster, Stimpy, TheFlyingDoctor, Tiffywren, tomparskate, wizla, World Traveller Fuss, 81romeo

Possible - 25
agehall, AJLondon, AlisonB84, AlisonB84+1, angeloedades, darthlemsip, DocWatson, Eskimoboy, exilencfc, Gagravarr+1, GodAtum, Gshumway, JamieABZ, johnny5a, mattking2000, michalis, missdimeaner, papyPiHi, pianoamit, Raffles, RichardInSF, RichardInSF+1, Soupey202, visualAd, yetihouse

Pre-Do Lunch

For anyone interested in meeting up before the Do (or that cannot attend), we're thinking of having a lunch on Friday.

Interested in lunch

Location: Skylon (at the Royal Festival Hall), due to the small group I (Dylan) made a reservation.

dylanks, jcm9000, Elsanchez, Alextheengineer
Print Wikipost

The London DO 2016 - Friday 1st July

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
count me in!
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Always hard to confirm that far in advance, but put me down as a possible for now, and I'll confirm closer to the date.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Sign me up. Will definitely make it if I can.

Thanks again for organising.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Count me in, no glamorous flying for me but a South West Trains return ticket will do the trick.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Please put me down, my office is round the corner. The food, drink and staff the last time were amazing and I got to meet a few ft celebs..
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:53 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I may actually be in London on this date for once! Strong possible.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Hmmm I'll be 8 months pregnant so probably no, on the other hand i'd hardly have far to go if anything were to happen!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
Hmmm I'll be 8 months pregnant so probably no, on the other hand i'd hardly have far to go if anything were to happen!

John
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hi, I was hoping to get to the Edinburgh do this year but now looks very unlikely, however the good news is it looks very likely I can make this one......still a maybe for now buT m looking into hotels , will update.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Hi, I was hoping to get to the Edinburgh do this year but now looks very unlikely, however the good news is it looks very likely I can make this one......still a maybe for now buT m looking into hotels , will update.
Just booked the Waldorf on cash and points....very reasonable!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Aright got the hotel booked for thursday night so will be in london friday evening for a few hrs. Will have to leave earlish for the sleeper train home most likely (leaves at near midnight). So pls add me to confirmed (ive updated the wiki for me).
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
You're liking that sleeper too much!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Do we have to RSVP or can I wait until last minute?

Count me as maybe.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by JamieABZ
You're liking that sleeper too much!
Sure am! Twice a week.... A traitor to the aviation world. Choochoo!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Should be good - my birthday next day! I always learn something at the Do, but forget what due to the drink..
As well as SWMBO, my sister will be over from SAN (on Avios) then, too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.