Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA launches STN-AGP/FAO/IBZ/PMI

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by headingwest
Maybe they'll do something like NIKI planned here near Vienna, positioning flights VIE-BTS (15 minutes!). Anybody interested in a flight LCY-STN for 20 Tier Points?
I once did a BA flight from STN-LCY due to weather forcing a temporary closure of LCY. It took 45 minutes and would have been quicker by taxi!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by cornishsimon

on the subject of aircraft, 1 has newly been delivered second hand to Cityflyer an E90, plus at least 2 more to come in the not too distant future, 1 second hand and 1 new build ?

cs
That is correct as far as I know except the second hand aircraft has not yet been delivered to LCY because of crew shortages.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
The next question is: Will there be new routes from LTN since that was also added to the options on BA.com the other day (at the same time as STN)?

Or alternatively the ability to choose Vueling routes, as was first suggested.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:08 am

Good luck taking on FR out of STN. Ah well I suppose expectations will be low anyway.

Apparently London airways still rings true.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by davidrr16
According to the Telegraph, seat selection charges will not apply on flights into/out of Stansted.

It's not a very well researched article as BA has indeed flown scheduled services from Stansted before, though I think this will be the first international non-cargo scheduled service it has operated fro STN:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...irst-time.html

Here is a thread which, almost proleptically, suggested such a move back in 2012:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ted-again.html
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm sure I've flown with BA Stansted to Manchester in the dim distant past. Then there was that rather fabulous LCC that BA launched, Go Fly (which now reminds me of that fantastic song by Public Service Broadcasting). I only flew on them a few times but it huge fun, fore-runner of Mixed Fleet in many ways.

Once again Faro (holiday home location of choice for senior BA management, otherwise not a particularly big place) gets another British Airways airport. Amazing.

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Has CWS booked himself on a few flights already?
You felt the need to ask?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by seat 13a
BA Embraers no stranger to Stansted - it's the main divert when LCY closes.... I'm more concerned that these services mean fewer aircraft will be available for the regular summer weekend 190 routes from EDI/GLA/ABZ to the Med operated by Barrhead Travel on charter. [Never really understood why they didn't operate under BA, since they are always full...]
Rather selfishly, I wouldn't like to see the Barrhead charters go - it usually means there's a glut of dirt-cheap Sunday lunchtime GLA-LCY flights!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm sure I've flown with BA Stansted to Manchester in the dim distant past.

I once went rather out of my way around 1999/2000 to fly BA STN-MAN-STN - they used the Embraer 145s. Service didn't last very long, though.

Not as exciting as Stansted's most famous visitor

Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...

Originally Posted by Oaxaca

Has CWS booked himself on a few flights already?
You felt the need to ask?
I look forward to your upcoming guide to a swift journey through STN (especially arrivals immigration).

Originally Posted by Foltan
The next question is: Will there be new routes from LTN since that was also added to the options on BA.com the other day (at the same time as STN)?

The VY-operated routes LTN-AMS and LTN-BCN are already bookable on BA.com as codeshares. They don't seem to have added LTN-ZRH yet.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Discussion on which lounge they could use in 3...2....1....

(There's only one in the main terminal, the Escape lounge )

There's a fast track at STN which works very well, and Air Berlin Topbonus higher tiers can use it when flying AB which is an example of Oneworld status. So BA could certainly pay for it if they wanted to.

AB, being tight-fisted, don't pay for any other OW elite to use the Fast track for their flights (as far as I know), hopefully BA would allow any status passenger on their flight to use a fast track.

Last edited by flatlander; Feb 9, 2016 at 8:04 am Reason: Add fast track info
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by Sam Bee

PMI - Sat out / Sun back
BA2295 STN PMI 2045# 0015
BA2294 PMI STN 0100 0230
Ouch!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by flatlander
(There's only one in the main terminal, the Escape lounge )
Just wait for the 'Lack of Free Champagne in the Escape Lounge' thread to start up.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (Emerald); Hilton Gold; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Foltan

The Vueling flights from LTN to BCN have been loaded with BA flight numbers and appear on ITA Matrix and BA.com - but the AMS service, which begins sooner (in March compared to June for BCN) only shows up with VY and IB numbers, no BA codeshare.

Do we think it will, or is there a reason I've missed that they'd have codeshares to one place but not another?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, IB Plus, AY Plus, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by dnajockey
That is correct as far as I know except the second hand aircraft has not yet been delivered to LCY because of crew shortages.
It has been already flying from LCY since last Friday:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/g-lcyv/
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
I'm sure I've flown with BA Stansted to Manchester in the dim distant past. Then there was that rather fabulous LCC that BA launched, Go Fly (which now reminds me of that fantastic song by Public Service Broadcasting).
Way OT but ou definitely share a good taste in music with me! Best I've heard is some Elbow in the EDI lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.