Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No1 Lounge LGW N - replacement for BA Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD

BA closed their Executive Club Lounges yesterday in advance of moving to the South Terminal later in 2016. Many people have commented on what may or may not happen - complaints have already started to appear on Twitter including someone who is upset that he can't get complimentary champagne as a J class traveller.

How do you think this will affect the travel experience for you and would this influence your travel plans in the future? Any comments from our community who are passing through LGW N soon would also be appreciated.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:06 am

You are probably better off posting in one of the existing threads where this is covered at length.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ov-2016-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...questions.html
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Indeed, the complimentary champagne complainer is resident in the second of those threads.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:12 am
Original Poster

"I’d certainly encourage a new thread where we can share our experiences as BA passengers using the No1 Traveller Lounge. Perhaps, though we should keep this thread open to those who wish to lament the disappearance of BA’s own lounge provision at LGW and also post news updates of the replacement facility at Gatwick South.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum "

As suggested by Prospero it may be better to separate comments from other threads - but thanks simons1 for pointing the other threads out.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by stanleycamel
"I’d certainly encourage a new thread where we can share our experiences as BA passengers using the No1 Traveller Lounge. Perhaps, though we should keep this thread open to those who wish to lament the disappearance of BA’s own lounge provision at LGW and also post news updates of the replacement facility at Gatwick South.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum "

As suggested by Prospero it may be better to separate comments from other threads - but thanks simons1 for pointing the other threads out.
That's why CWS subsequently started up the second of the threads linked above.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:54 am
Original Poster

I defer to the lovely CWS's thread
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by zeltergiset
Indeed, the complimentary champagne complainer is resident in the second of those threads.
Indeed I am. This is how I see it; say you book a hotel room and that room includes a coffee machine as one of the amenities offered during purchase. For whatever reason the hotel has to move you to another hotel. If they don't provide you with a similar room with coffee machine wouldn't you have the right to complain? BA says champagne is only available 'subject to availability' and my point is that champagne is available in the No. 1 Lounge - BA just refuses to pay for it for their passengers. Doesn't anybody else think this is wrong?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
I think BA have a number of misleading marketing concepts to be honest. The ridiculous thing about the lounge closures at Gatwick is that they have happened at all - why not just wait until the operation has moved to the South terminal?

I prefer the no. 1 lounge though, it is a well designed space. However I would hate to have to try and haggle for a space in the Easter (or summer for that matter) holidays when the no. 1 lounge frequently turns away passengers entitled to its use. BA's 'leisure hub' is going to struggle me thinks...
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
Just count yourself lucky you are not flying back from Bodrum where there is a lounge (Priority Pass etc etc) but NOT for Club Europe passengers. I always thought a lounge was part of the deal for Club Europe, but BA think it's another optional part of service that people pay for.

Sorry, off topic...
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Thanks for posting this stanleycamel. AS you can now see, c-w-s got in there yesterday evening so to avoid topic duplication, I will close this thread.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.