Search

BA Silver worth a Tier Point Run?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:10 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Swishflyer
I was thinking that silver stayed the year you earned it and the year after. Did not think about TP resetting. So it would only be worth it if I did a mega run to get the gold before February correct? I'm guessing that is highly improbable.
TPs reset at the end of your membership year. The status you earn in that membership year you will have for the remainder of that year and all of the next membership year.

I suggest you have a good read of the stickies. This covers earning status in detail: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-2015-a.html

Also: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-2015-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:12 am
Original Poster

i've read those stickies a few times. it's a LOT of info. I still have a little time to get to know it like the back of my hand. thanks a lot.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:20 am
Original Poster

quick question, i've been seeing a lot of fares in the calendar when i do flexible date search on matrix as per Cymro but then when I click on the date, the fares are not there. what gives? i have it set to search only available fares?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:23 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Swishflyer
quick question, i've been seeing a lot of fares in the calendar when i do flexible date search on matrix as per Cymro but then when I click on the date, the fares are not there. what gives? i have it set to search only available fares?
You need to have the 'Only show flights and prices with available seats' option ticked.

For further help with ITA I suggest you post here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...lp-thread.html
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
You need to have the 'Only show flights and prices with available seats' option ticked.

For further help with ITA I suggest you post here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...lp-thread.html
that's what I meant when I said I had it set to only search available fares and it's still doing that. The fares are also in blue but don't come up when I click the date hence the head scratching.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:31 am
Original Poster

they're huge discrepancies too. how do I share screenshots on here? I only see to use image urls but how do I share screenshots on the computer?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I found a few for around $500. Like IAH-DFW-OKC and back. Thursday, Jan 7 is $508 for the 9:38 a.m. departure in First. 60 TP x 4 = 240 TP.

It should work. Using the codes Cymro provided and checking the boxes he checked should you get the calendar of dates with the lowest fares (some sub-$500). When you find the routing you want, go to aa.com and they should come up. It did with the example I listed above. I'm not sure about cpm but $/tp there is around two dollars which isn't bad for a short mileage run.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

thanks eefor jfp. for some reason i'm seeing in the calendar $254-491 but when I click on them they jump to upper fives. I'll clear cache and try tomorrow. Any word on how to post screenshots like Cymro did?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
This assumes you're using a Windows PC.

I get screenshots by using the snipping tool.

Once I've snipped the image I want I go to imgur.com and click on "Upload Images" at the top, then use CTRL+V to paste the image I want:

Once it's pasted, I start an upload into Imgur.

Once the image is uploaded, I select the BBCode from the right hand side of the screen

then copy/paste it into the FlyerTalk text box:

Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

THANK YOU CYMRO!

And of course, now it's working just fine lol.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by gormless
I did an AA flight from DCA->PVD->DCA last weekend for family reasons. The outbound was booked in F so no availability there (10 TP and 179 Avios), but the return upgrade from Y to F was $49. Less than a dollar per tier point from the upgrade.
Have you received the TPs for the upgrade? If
it was an AUP rather than a fare difference/ticket reissue then AA only credit the original class, not the upgrade.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Here we go again. Look at the 6th of January. So what am I doing wrong???

Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:06 am

The only thing I can think of is that your list of airports seems to be pretty long - ITA can time out before finding everything, so it might find a really good deal when it first looks but times out before getting that result back.

On the airports that I can see in your list, I'm not getting any discrepancy.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:41 am
Original Poster

okay, tried again with just one airport IAH-SJU and in preliminary it gave me $578 on January 1st but when I clicked on date it gave me $2,260!

Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:26 am

I'm stumped then - I'm not seeing those figures at all, nor am I getting any discrepancies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.