Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
UuA should be possible, if you started with a pure revenue ticket, but online it often falls over. So just try a dummy booking and then call up.

There is a jargon buster in the Dashboard.
The UuA F seat is there, but if I do a dummy booking it gives me a crazy revenue fare, so I can't book online. I will call up BA and see what they say.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
The UuA F seat is there, but if I do a dummy booking it gives me a crazy revenue fare, so I can't book online. I will call up BA and see what they say.
Can you do a dummy Avios (not revenue) booking? If so then it's fair game for UuA. If you can't get an Avios booking, you won't get a UuA.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I suspect you're simply encountering what AAtticus asked about a little bit further up this thread, and you'll see that that was resolved entirely satisfactorily:-
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Originally Posted by AAtticus
For some reason it's quoting me £4k even though I'm just selecting to upgrade the one leg.
This is a common thing where you're trying to upgrade (eg) sectors 2 and 3 of a short-haul-->long-haul / long-haul-->short-haul journey.

Your surest bet is to phone and book the whole thing, including the upgrades, in one go. You don't have to hand over any cash if for some reason the upgrade available has gone before you can be attended to.

Your next surest way is to book online, then phone straight away to see whether there is still upgrade availability. If there isn't, then canx on the phone as you're within the cooling-off period.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Can you do a dummy Avios (not revenue) booking? If so then it's fair game for UuA. If you can't get an Avios booking, you won't get a UuA.
Sorry, misunderstood. Yes, have done that and could see the Avios F seat. Of course, it has disappeared whilst I was dithering. But maybe it will randomly re-appear. If not, c'est la vie and I will just have to suffer in CW !
Old Apr 8, 2016, 2:24 am

Ran out of time so I booked AMS-BKK-SIN-LHR-AMS for c.£1,250 yesterday on Ebookers. I did call the BA centre but a long wait time with beginner chat (either mine or the agents, I don't know) meant they didn't access the fare I wanted.

The Ebookers dutch site was cheaper by around 100 GBP as it was priced in EUR. But I wanted to pay this on Amex (for the 2-4-1 spend/Avios) and they have some nasty fees: 2.99% charge and they seem to convert EUR-USD-GBP which might mean two ways of poor exchange rates. Allied to the cashback and small hotel discount it isn't worth it.

Does anyone know if Amex use competitive exchange rates? Not done a foreign currency transaction before. Also is it just acceptable to say to the BA call centre I found this on Ebookers, load up these and you see what I mean? I felt like saying it but then the obvious retort would be that they should just tell me to book it there, but you lose out on the 24-hour window canx.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 2:31 am

I have just corrected this post, to record the fact that the BA sale fares from MAD have not disappeared, but from what I can see they have actually increased overnight. I got an e-mail flight quote from BA yesterday which shows the fare (less extras) as €1281. Today Expertflyer is showing the sale fare for this route as €1601.

Given the numbers it is just possible that ba.com had a glitch in the system which was somehow converting the EUR fare to GBP but quoting it as a EUR fare. All very strange. Has anyone else noticed an increase in ex Spain sale prices since yesterday ?

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; Apr 8, 2016 at 2:45 am
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
I have just corrected this post, to record the fact that the BA sale fares from MAD have not disappeared, but from what I can see they have actually increased overnight. I got an e-mail flight quote from BA yesterday which shows the fare (less extras) as €1281. Today Expertflyer is showing the sale fare for this route as €1601.

Given the numbers it is just possible that ba.com had a glitch in the system which was somehow converting the EUR fare to GBP but quoting it as a EUR fare. All very strange. Has anyone else noticed an increase in ex Spain sale prices since yesterday ?
Yep, MAD-HKG has increased by about €400 from yesterday, looking at Aug dates (19-26 approx). That'll teach me not to dither. Considering DUS now.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:31 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Yep, MAD-HKG has increased by about €400 from yesterday, looking at Aug dates (19-26 approx). That'll teach me not to dither. Considering DUS now.
That explains why they didn't show up on ITA/Google

Did anyone manage to ticket the ex-MAD at the "mistake" prices?
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
All may not be lost ! Is there some sort of UK sale on at the moment ? I am getting an I class ex LHR to SIN at £2,140 (in late May), which almost makes the whole ex EUR operation something of a waste of time. Perhaps they are competing with the Middle East airlines which seem to be charging only a little less.

This fare is a "BRITISH AIRWAYS SPECIAL PROMOTION FARES" on sale from 5 - 30 April. Oddly, this is available to SIN and BKK (£400 cheaper than SIN at £1,725) but nothing similar for HKG or KUL.

Playing with this I can get LHR - SIN via BKK on the outbound (with a good 2 hr CX connection or an optional free stopover) for £1,726 which actually seems a far better option than an ex EUR.

Perhaps this is another one to grab before it goes, as it is only £100 more than the same trip with a MAD add-on at either end.

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; Apr 8, 2016 at 7:01 am
Old Apr 8, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
CX have a 7 day sale on.

e.g. LHR-SYD £2700 J

ex OSL £1900 J
Old Apr 8, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
All may not be lost ! Is there some sort of UK sale on at the moment ? I am getting an I class ex LHR to SIN at £2,140 (in late May), which almost makes the whole ex EUR operation something of a waste of time. Perhaps they are competing with the Middle East airlines which seem to be charging only a little less.

This fare is a "BRITISH AIRWAYS SPECIAL PROMOTION FARES" on sale from 5 - 30 April. Oddly, this is available to SIN and BKK (£400 cheaper than SIN at £1,725) but nothing similar for HKG or KUL.

Playing with this I can get LHR - SIN via BKK on the outbound (with a good 2 hr CX connection or an optional free stopover) for £1,726 which actually seems a far better option than an ex EUR.

Perhaps this is another one to grab before it goes, as it is only £100 more than the same trip with a MAD add-on at either end.
Not sure it makes ex-EU a waste of time, e.g., AMS-LHR-BKK is in the low £1,100s on BA in the same deal.

SVG-LHR-KUL is £1,600ish (good for BA, but QR is routinely at that level or less) and Australia is as low as £1,901 (OSL-LHR-HKG-PER-open jaw but may be possible to add an internal flight-MEL-HKG-LHR-OSL).
Old Apr 8, 2016, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Moomba
CX have a 7 day sale on.
Some good offers exAMS as well. Check here.

Examples:

PVG £1450
SIN £1440
TPE £1515
TYO £1505

Search and book on the CX site. Google doesn't seem to find them.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 11:10 am

If one looks at the Asian fares at the moment, there is so little rhyme or reason that one might wonder if someone at BA is on halucogenics .... The following prices are the base fare cost in GBP as shown on Expertflyer (E&OE)

SIN BKK HKG

EX AMS 1,804 784 1,271

EX OSL 1,274 1,101 1,516

EX MAD 1,290 1,497 1,089

EX DUS 1,531 973 814
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Are you reading on your mobile phone? If so wikis don't show. Otherwise, on the computer, that's the bit at the top of the thread, which shows on every page and currently starts with a yellow warning from henkybaby about QR R class. (PS: I know you can only edit a wiki when you have at least 90 posts which you don't but I think you should be able to see it nonetheless).
Yes always read on phone - that'll be why then! Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 9, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Malaysia BOGO for First, Biz

Apologies if already posted :

http://http://www.thestar.com.my/bus...s-class-seats/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.