Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The GF order menu may soon be gone forever

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
I'm happy to throw a toddler tantrum in the entry to GF if there is no Burger to order on Friday
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Coming next: Request an application form* for a card that can be used to request a menu...
*Application forms available+ in the Starbucks by the C gates

+Subject to Availability, while stocks last
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
No menus on Sunday evening as well, I had to request a Greek salad and it was horrible, the buffet was not any better. The food quality has significantly decreased in the past few months, it would be disappointing if they got rid of the a la carte menu given the huge gap there is among BA and fellow OW carriers lounges (CX and QF come to my mind).
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:56 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by mccorry
Coincidentally I got one of those SMS based surveys to give my feedback on my lounge experience today. I scored it 1 (Very Disappointing) and mentioned, inter alia, the menu issue.

30 minutes later the lounge duty manager called me. I highlighted the menu issue and we had a long conversation about the food quality issues over the last 18 or so months.

He said he will ensure more menus are put out. So clearly there is a real disconnect around this issue.
My Dear, I danced around the Terrace (my apartment not the BA ones!)

At last someone has actually given it to the people who have some sway - good for you. I thought that I was the only Mouthy Mare flying BA.

Please note - I will discuss issues with Cabin Crew but not moan to them. In the vast majority of cases they dislike all these "enhancements" as much as we do but no one listens to them Tell the Board and they will.

BTW - I had this about the Telegraphs

-The Daily & Sunday Telegraph is no longer included as part of the portfolio of newspapers offered on board BA flights and in our lounges. The decision to remove the Telegraph from our portfolio has not been taken lightly and we are aware that many customers including yourself are disappointed that it is no longer offered.

The decision to remove it follows an announcement by the publisher that they intend to impose a huge unilateral price increase on the copies supplied to BA. At a time when we are all focused on controlling operating expenditure, this increase cannot be accommodated and we are unfortunately left with no option other than to remove it.

Someone said that they were back in the Lounges - is this being continued. I buy my own (I get it online on my Ipad as €4 per day is a bit steep to do the crossword) - now the menus? Really. I wonder if they try this nonsense to see if they can get away with it. I have not been in the equivalent except in the Flagship Lounge at JFK that food wise was not a patch on T5 Gold Lounge and neither come half close to the magnificent Qantas Lounge at LAX. Never have I eaten or drunk so well in a Lounge.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by mccorry
Coincidentally I got one of those SMS based surveys to give my feedback on my lounge experience today. I scored it 1 (Very Disappointing) and mentioned, inter alia, the menu issue.

30 minutes later the lounge duty manager called me. I highlighted the menu issue and we had a long conversation about the food quality issues over the last 18 or so months.

He said he will ensure more menus are put out. So clearly there is a real disconnect around this issue.
THOSE SURVEYS ARE ACTUALLY READ???? Im genuinely shocked! I've filled one out nearly every time I'm at LHR on my phone through SMS- no manager for me though!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:15 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by BA0197
THOSE SURVEYS ARE ACTUALLY READ???? Im genuinely shocked! I've filled one out nearly every time I'm at LHR on my phone through SMS- no manager for me though!
There have been several incidences relayed here where people have had a mangler get in contact after filling in one of those surveys.

Where you're going wrong is assuming they give two hoots about what a silver thinks, whereas they will take more notice when a lifetime gold has a complaint.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
No menus out last Wednesday, Thursday or Monday morning. I thought the buffet food was ok though have to agree the quality of the breakfast sausage has diminished recently. Went through T3 last month the AA Flagship lounge food blew the miserable lunch time BA offering out of the water. LAX flagship lounge still serving up the same tepid rubbish, good vodka selection though.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: Meh
I am still BA Gold but maybe fly long haul BA 4 times a year. I have not been in the GF in about two years. Given the food thread about GF on here some 18 months ago that rumbled on, am I to believe the food has got even worse since then? Hard to believe.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Someone said that they were back in the Lounges
I saw a couple of well read ones at lunchtime last Wednesday. I assumed that they were ones that had been bought at the WH Smith downstairs. There were no unread ones in the racks.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by BA0197
Originally Posted by V10
There have been several incidences relayed here where people have had a mangler get in contact after filling in one of those surveys.

Where you're going wrong is assuming they give two hoots about what a silver thinks, whereas they will take more notice when a lifetime gold has a complaint.
I had the usual text message survey 10 days ago when travelling ex T3. I gave the lounge a 2 on the basis there was no hot food when I got there (at about 5pm or so) which I thought was pretty disappointing for the F Lounge (I had already eaten in the CX lounge because I knew the food would be better there). a short while later I was called over the tannoy and a manager of sorts (he was BA not Baxter Storey) asked me for feebdack and we also had a long chat. I told him that it was pretty sad state of affairs when CX offers better food options at an outstation of their as BA does in the F lounge from a 'home airport' in a terminal that is increasingly offering long-haul flights. (I did show him pics of the NY CCR food from a few days previously).

He said he would feed those comments back and after I asked about the "CCR for T3" rumours, he said there was a potentially opportunity to do something with the Emriates lounge (think it's being moved / vacated / something is happening). He didnt confirm (nor deny) that a CCR would come - in fact, I didnt get the impression he knew much about.

But he did ask for feedback and wanted to explore my "2" rating (and I put "food choice available very disappointing" in the text message). Admittedly, he was aware of my status as he did say something along the lines one "listening to someone like you who clearly travels a lot"......
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by chris1979
I had the usual text message survey 10 days ago when travelling ex T3. I gave the lounge a 2 on the basis there was no hot food when I got there (at about 5pm or so) which I thought was pretty disappointing for the F Lounge (I had already eaten in the CX lounge because I knew the food would be better there). a short while later I was called over the tannoy and a manager of sorts (he was BA not Baxter Storey) asked me for feebdack and we also had a long chat. I told him that it was pretty sad state of affairs when CX offers better food options at an outstation of their as BA does in the F lounge from a 'home airport' in a terminal that is increasingly offering long-haul flights. (I did show him pics of the NY CCR food from a few days previously).

He said he would feed those comments back and after I asked about the "CCR for T3" rumours, he said there was a potentially opportunity to do something with the Emriates lounge (think it's being moved / vacated / something is happening). He didnt confirm (nor deny) that a CCR would come - in fact, I didnt get the impression he knew much about.

But he did ask for feedback and wanted to explore my "2" rating (and I put "food choice available very disappointing" in the text message). Admittedly, he was aware of my status as he did say something along the lines one "listening to someone like you who clearly travels a lot"......
I got 10k Avios every time I complained about the lack of hot food in GF T3. Happened 3 times in quick succession and then the fourth time I went they had a full spread out. Haven't been back for a while, though.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BA4EVER
Seems like a devaluation of classic Gold is underway. .
No surprise when you've got sites like this making Gold easier and cheaper for many more people to attain.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
People who look to fly in premium (!) cabins anyway...
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
No surprise when you've got sites like this making Gold easier and cheaper for many more people to attain.
But are those odd people who try and achieve gold via a 1000TP trip because they 'need it' and then subsequently using the lounge facilities 3 times in the membership year really making BA think about saving money because of the amount of menu items being ordered by gold card holders?

This is just tightening the belt to a point where its ridiculous and devalues one of the small differences that makes being gold worth it.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Out of idle curiosity is there anything at all (beyond not cook a sausage to your liking) that BA could do which you would perceive as negative and not the fault of passengers either individually or collectively?

Requiring droit de seigneur over each passengers wife? Requiring the lifelong servitude of first born children? Powering their planes by hundreds of third world children pedalling furiously?

I ask simply because I don't think I have ever seen you think anything reported here is a big deal, no matter how differently others think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.