Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: To give the caterers an idea on numbers, please indicate if you plan to order food
Yes
81.67%
No
18.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dutch_122

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside - new opening, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
Food and drink will be available for purchase on the evening. Card machines will be working so you can pay by card. All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

It would help to get a rough idea of how many people will be looking to eat so if you are intending to order food there will be a poll on the thread added soon so please indicate.

Food price list
Drinks price list

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Where are you staying?
KARFA, Andriyko - The Trafalgar
Chandler Bing - Intercontinental
atmorris, aks120 - Crowne Plaza - The City
agehall, PleasureFlyer, Mr BAGoldBoy, Mrs BAGoldBoy, ELK, BA0197- Hilton Bankside
toothy - St Ermins
DYKWIA - Park Plaza Riverbank
ABeautifulPlaceInThe - Browns Hotel

Attendees updated to post #414
Confirmed - 123
1P, ABeautifulPlaceInThe, af101, agehall, aks120, aircrashsurvivor, aircrashsurvivor+1, ak259, Andriyko, Arsey00, atmorris, BA or bust, BA0197, BAGoldBoy (Mr), BAGoldBoy (Mrs), bermondseyflyer, bettertoturnleftthanright, BLHD, Blue Skye, Blue Skye+1, BoeBus, BoeBus+1, bruno-s, chalf, Chandler Bing, Chandler Bing+1, choosethedrew, chris1979, corporate-wage-slave, Cris L, Cymro, danielbk, danielbk+1, Dark Blue, DGM1985, Docklandsguy, dutch_122, DYKWIA, EI147, ELK, elsanchez, Etting, Farringdon, Filthy Monkey, GadgetGal, Gagravarr, Gagravarr+1, gav0106, GodAtum, GodAtum+1, Gomac, gustavmahler, gustavmahler+1, haasha, hcuk94, Hoch, hsmall, hugolover, JamieABZ, jh321, johnaalex, johnaalex+1, johnny5a, JustTheOne, KARFA, KeaneJohn, LDNConsultant, LDNConsultant+1, linzbh, London_traveller, London_traveller+1, LondonAndy, LondonCanuck, MacMyDay, MacMyDay+1, MarkLHR, matt84travel, matthandy, MsCapricorn, njf63, nomadic.relief, nwmgc, nwmgc+1, our_kid, Pandra, Pandra+1, Pawel Siewko, Physci, PJSMITH0, PleasureFlyer, PleasureFlyer+1, Primosec52, Quarky Quark, Richmond_Surrey, sag3gonzals2, sag3gonzals2+1, saltytheseagull, Same but different, Same but different+1, Sards, Sards+1, sebastiansw3, seddon, skye1, skye1+1, Shl, Shl+1, sigma421, Sixth Freedom, sl1ppy, small_clanger, TheFatCat, TheFlyingDoctor, thejohn, Tintin_on_the_road, Tintin_on_the_road+1, toothy, TravellerFrequently, TravellerFrequently+ 1, vgang, visualAd, winchpete

Possible - 26
airpricing, Beano HK, bibbju, chuichi, fransknorge, mr hsmall, Jamier45, JAXBA, JimboandtheJetset, Justonemore, MarkedMan, megaloman, MrMutton, nmnm224, olybeast, olybeast+1, papabear, papyPiHi, PETER01, robertf999, seaskybound, ThatT1Feeling, themapelligroup, wizla, wizla+1, Yahillwe, youngbaflyer
Print Wikipost

The 2015 London DO - Friday 30th October

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by linzbh
Being relatively new to the community i would of liked to attend this to say thanks to all the experts for educating me over this past year. Alas I have committed to a month of no drinking or smoking so I think i would be a bit of a party pooper attending. Lucky this coincides with no flying and therefore no lounge access with tempting free drinks also.

*Hides under the sheets until winter sets in*
There are at least two Flyertalkers who don't drink nor smoke so you will be in great company (even if I say so myself! ).
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Am bringing a guest (if that's still ok, barring numbers constraints).
They're a frequent flying newbie, but eager to dive in!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by skye1
Am bringing a guest (if that's still ok, barring numbers constraints).
They're a frequent flying newbie, but eager to dive in!
Yes, great.

Guests, lurkers, OHs all very welcome.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:42 am

Dearest Karfa ,
would you please add Il Signore SARDS and me ,La Signora SARDS to your ever increasingly burgeoning list of attendees

Merci beaucoup
See you soon
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Arsey00
Is this same area we had that do when we got boarding cards? Big space, lovely terrace?

It might be that I'm coming straight from Paris with bag in tow. Will my bag be welcome or is the place too posh for the likes of me?
The one with the beautiful view?

If I am able to attend, I would be coming from Paris as well. Let me know your method of traveling maybe we can go together.. Though as usual my plans are up in the air.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
I would like to attend please, and bring my husband as guest. It will be my first do so looking forward meeting everyone.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:34 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Wiki now updated with venue details, and the attendee list is also updated.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by Sards
Dearest Karfa ,
would you please add Il Signore SARDS and me ,La Signora SARDS ...
Great news! I look forward to catching up again.

aks120
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sards
Dearest Karfa ,
would you please add Il Signore SARDS and me ,La Signora SARDS to your ever increasingly burgeoning list of attendees

Merci beaucoup
See you soon
Great to have you onboard! ^

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
The one with the beautiful view?

If I am able to attend, I would be coming from Paris as well. Let me know your method of traveling maybe we can go together.. Though as usual my plans are up in the air.
Yes, though no marquee this time.

Originally Posted by Pandra
I would like to attend please, and bring my husband as guest. It will be my first do so looking forward meeting everyone.
Great, the more the merrier.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Blimey, this will be crazy, I'll never meet anyone with 100+ people there (channeling my Yogi Berra).

I should know next week if I will be in London. Definitely in Europe, need to line up Italy, London and one more spot and see if I can keep everyone happy and make this shindig, but I am trying hard
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Blimey, this will be crazy, I'll never meet anyone with 100+ people there (channeling my Yogi Berra).
Confused.

If you are looking for your soulmate, you'll find 100+ Soulmates at the DO.;-)
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA, AA, FB
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Originally Posted by chris1979
Confused.

If you are looking for your soulmate, you'll find 100+ Soulmates at the DO.;-)
At the DO? Nobody goes there any more. It's too crowded.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Looks like I'll be there too, with my other half, who's starting to enjoy FT-enhanced travelling

We're off to Bilbao the next morning, so we'll heading off in time for one of the last Piccadilly line trains down to the HGI Heathrow. Not sure if anyone else has an early departure, but we snagged a fairly good deal there in the current sale!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm now a yes, upgraded from a maybe. Will wander along from work with matthandy.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Hobbes01
At the DO? Nobody goes there any more. It's too crowded.
I tend to forget it's just not received wisdom back in Europe

“Even Napoleon had his Watergate.”
― Yogi Berra

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.