Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: To give the caterers an idea on numbers, please indicate if you plan to order food
Yes
81.67%
No
18.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dutch_122

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside - new opening, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
Food and drink will be available for purchase on the evening. Card machines will be working so you can pay by card. All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

It would help to get a rough idea of how many people will be looking to eat so if you are intending to order food there will be a poll on the thread added soon so please indicate.

Food price list
Drinks price list

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Where are you staying?
KARFA, Andriyko - The Trafalgar
Chandler Bing - Intercontinental
atmorris, aks120 - Crowne Plaza - The City
agehall, PleasureFlyer, Mr BAGoldBoy, Mrs BAGoldBoy, ELK, BA0197- Hilton Bankside
toothy - St Ermins
DYKWIA - Park Plaza Riverbank
ABeautifulPlaceInThe - Browns Hotel

Attendees updated to post #414
Confirmed - 123
1P, ABeautifulPlaceInThe, af101, agehall, aks120, aircrashsurvivor, aircrashsurvivor+1, ak259, Andriyko, Arsey00, atmorris, BA or bust, BA0197, BAGoldBoy (Mr), BAGoldBoy (Mrs), bermondseyflyer, bettertoturnleftthanright, BLHD, Blue Skye, Blue Skye+1, BoeBus, BoeBus+1, bruno-s, chalf, Chandler Bing, Chandler Bing+1, choosethedrew, chris1979, corporate-wage-slave, Cris L, Cymro, danielbk, danielbk+1, Dark Blue, DGM1985, Docklandsguy, dutch_122, DYKWIA, EI147, ELK, elsanchez, Etting, Farringdon, Filthy Monkey, GadgetGal, Gagravarr, Gagravarr+1, gav0106, GodAtum, GodAtum+1, Gomac, gustavmahler, gustavmahler+1, haasha, hcuk94, Hoch, hsmall, hugolover, JamieABZ, jh321, johnaalex, johnaalex+1, johnny5a, JustTheOne, KARFA, KeaneJohn, LDNConsultant, LDNConsultant+1, linzbh, London_traveller, London_traveller+1, LondonAndy, LondonCanuck, MacMyDay, MacMyDay+1, MarkLHR, matt84travel, matthandy, MsCapricorn, njf63, nomadic.relief, nwmgc, nwmgc+1, our_kid, Pandra, Pandra+1, Pawel Siewko, Physci, PJSMITH0, PleasureFlyer, PleasureFlyer+1, Primosec52, Quarky Quark, Richmond_Surrey, sag3gonzals2, sag3gonzals2+1, saltytheseagull, Same but different, Same but different+1, Sards, Sards+1, sebastiansw3, seddon, skye1, skye1+1, Shl, Shl+1, sigma421, Sixth Freedom, sl1ppy, small_clanger, TheFatCat, TheFlyingDoctor, thejohn, Tintin_on_the_road, Tintin_on_the_road+1, toothy, TravellerFrequently, TravellerFrequently+ 1, vgang, visualAd, winchpete

Possible - 26
airpricing, Beano HK, bibbju, chuichi, fransknorge, mr hsmall, Jamier45, JAXBA, JimboandtheJetset, Justonemore, MarkedMan, megaloman, MrMutton, nmnm224, olybeast, olybeast+1, papabear, papyPiHi, PETER01, robertf999, seaskybound, ThatT1Feeling, themapelligroup, wizla, wizla+1, Yahillwe, youngbaflyer
Print Wikipost

The 2015 London DO - Friday 30th October

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by KARFA
I didn't think the current Hilton sale covered this date in October though? I ended up booking a points & cash room since there wasn't much in my normal price range in central London.

Perhaps I shouldn't book a room and just hope I get lucky on the night
Indeed I did not think it did either, until I looked up the prices and booked the summer sale for £125!

All very expensive atm in central London for the dates though! The Premier Inn County Hall wants £200 hahah.

Depending on how you intend on getting lucky, you may well find yourself paying more than a hotel room
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
I did not see it until now - if I am in LON (should be), I am indeed coming!
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
Perhaps I shouldn't book a room and just hope I get lucky on the night
deary me, deary me.

There's all sorts of things that spring to mind, but what happens at a DO, stay at the DO........

If I were you, I'd book a room!

Originally Posted by haasha
I did not see it until now - if I am in LON (should be), I am indeed coming!
great - will be good to see you again. ^
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I'm looking forward to it!

Hoping that Gabriel is going to be there... Be very nice to see all those nice folk (aka nutters) that I met last year again! (In the interest of fair play, must admit to being one of those nutters too!)
Old Aug 23, 2015, 4:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Wiki updated to here.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Sounds exciting.... put me down!

Might book a room at the Doubletree Westminster..... is this far from the secret venue?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Lurker here

I'd *LOVE* to come (will be the day after trotting back from an extravagent Thailand trip thanks to BAEC FT!) but there's the 3rd place playoff for the Rugby World Cup kicking off that evening as well at 8pm.

Don't suppose there are any fans who fancy a combination of FT chit chat, rugby and full-sized beverages all in one night?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
Lurker here

I'd *LOVE* to come (will be the day after trotting back from an extravagent Thailand trip thanks to BAEC FT!) but there's the 3rd place playoff for the Rugby World Cup kicking off that evening as well at 8pm.

Don't suppose there are any fans who fancy a combination of FT chit chat, rugby and full-sized beverages all in one night?
The attendee list suggests there will be some rugby players, so I am pretty sure you can manage all at one place.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver

Viking costumes compulsory and Bratwurst on the menu!
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
Lurker here

welcome to the world of posting from the world of lurking, welcome to the BAEC family and welcome indeed to the London DO.

now, rugby is the one where for some strange reason they aren't allowed to just run / pass the oval ball forward, right?

i am sure there will be attendees who are as keen on the rugby as you so no worries not that front. Just to 'warn' you though, our venue will not have TVs so if you were hoping for a sports bar venue, unfortunately it won't be like that.

however, given the list of attendees, i am more than confident that the FT chat will be more than worth not having a TV within sight!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979
however, given the list of attendees, i am more than confident that the FT chat will be more than worth not having a TV within sight!
As long as people check-in their Vikings and bratwursts at the door I'll be happy

H
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Definitely hope to come along to this. Do please add me.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:19 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
I should be also
If anyone will have problem with hotel expensive rate I have separate new refurnished one-bed at my house with double-beds one in living room one upstairs I made it for bnb
far away from se1 but very close to LHR 10min from airport

Last edited by p78; Aug 26, 2015 at 2:27 pm
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Primosec52
Definitely hope to come along to this. Do please add me.
Originally Posted by Pawel Siewko
I should be also
If anyone will have problem with hotel expensive rate I have separate one-bed at my house with double-beds one in living room one upstairs I made it for bnb
far away from se1 bud very close to LHR 10min from airport
Excellent, both added ^
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Our host is currently clocking up miles in a non flying way. Once he's back in civilisation, we'll have a full update on venue and arrangements for the evening.

In the meantime, there's plenty of room for everyone and plus one's- the more the merrier and we are all one big happy family really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.