Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: To give the caterers an idea on numbers, please indicate if you plan to order food
Yes
81.67%
No
18.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dutch_122

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside - new opening, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
Food and drink will be available for purchase on the evening. Card machines will be working so you can pay by card. All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

It would help to get a rough idea of how many people will be looking to eat so if you are intending to order food there will be a poll on the thread added soon so please indicate.

Food price list
Drinks price list

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Where are you staying?
KARFA, Andriyko - The Trafalgar
Chandler Bing - Intercontinental
atmorris, aks120 - Crowne Plaza - The City
agehall, PleasureFlyer, Mr BAGoldBoy, Mrs BAGoldBoy, ELK, BA0197- Hilton Bankside
toothy - St Ermins
DYKWIA - Park Plaza Riverbank
ABeautifulPlaceInThe - Browns Hotel

Attendees updated to post #414
Confirmed - 123
1P, ABeautifulPlaceInThe, af101, agehall, aks120, aircrashsurvivor, aircrashsurvivor+1, ak259, Andriyko, Arsey00, atmorris, BA or bust, BA0197, BAGoldBoy (Mr), BAGoldBoy (Mrs), bermondseyflyer, bettertoturnleftthanright, BLHD, Blue Skye, Blue Skye+1, BoeBus, BoeBus+1, bruno-s, chalf, Chandler Bing, Chandler Bing+1, choosethedrew, chris1979, corporate-wage-slave, Cris L, Cymro, danielbk, danielbk+1, Dark Blue, DGM1985, Docklandsguy, dutch_122, DYKWIA, EI147, ELK, elsanchez, Etting, Farringdon, Filthy Monkey, GadgetGal, Gagravarr, Gagravarr+1, gav0106, GodAtum, GodAtum+1, Gomac, gustavmahler, gustavmahler+1, haasha, hcuk94, Hoch, hsmall, hugolover, JamieABZ, jh321, johnaalex, johnaalex+1, johnny5a, JustTheOne, KARFA, KeaneJohn, LDNConsultant, LDNConsultant+1, linzbh, London_traveller, London_traveller+1, LondonAndy, LondonCanuck, MacMyDay, MacMyDay+1, MarkLHR, matt84travel, matthandy, MsCapricorn, njf63, nomadic.relief, nwmgc, nwmgc+1, our_kid, Pandra, Pandra+1, Pawel Siewko, Physci, PJSMITH0, PleasureFlyer, PleasureFlyer+1, Primosec52, Quarky Quark, Richmond_Surrey, sag3gonzals2, sag3gonzals2+1, saltytheseagull, Same but different, Same but different+1, Sards, Sards+1, sebastiansw3, seddon, skye1, skye1+1, Shl, Shl+1, sigma421, Sixth Freedom, sl1ppy, small_clanger, TheFatCat, TheFlyingDoctor, thejohn, Tintin_on_the_road, Tintin_on_the_road+1, toothy, TravellerFrequently, TravellerFrequently+ 1, vgang, visualAd, winchpete

Possible - 26
airpricing, Beano HK, bibbju, chuichi, fransknorge, mr hsmall, Jamier45, JAXBA, JimboandtheJetset, Justonemore, MarkedMan, megaloman, MrMutton, nmnm224, olybeast, olybeast+1, papabear, papyPiHi, PETER01, robertf999, seaskybound, ThatT1Feeling, themapelligroup, wizla, wizla+1, Yahillwe, youngbaflyer
Print Wikipost

The 2015 London DO - Friday 30th October

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sag3gonzals2
Would love to attend with my +1 if possible
You and your +1 would be more than welcome to come.

Wiki updated.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, Asia Miles, Virgin Atlantic, ANA, Eurostar
Please put me down as a "maybe"
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chris1979
Venue Update on this 9th of September 2015:

we'll be in a part of an old hospital dating back to the 2nd longest reigning Monarch.

previous 'hints' remain - the doors of the 'hall' we are gonig to gather in open onto a terrace with views of what is officially known as the Elisabeth Tower.

Many FTers will be familiar with the venue and the hospitality that it has and will provide to Flyertalkers......
^ ^ ^. ...this "Cousin" is happy.

Last edited by skye1; Sep 18, 2015 at 2:26 pm
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Venue Update on this 9th of September 2015:

we'll be in a part of an old hospital dating back to the 2nd longest reigning Monarch.

previous 'hints' remain - the doors of the 'hall' we are gonig to gather in open onto a terrace with views of what is officially known as the Elisabeth Tower.

Many FTers will be familiar with the venue and the hospitality that it has and will provide to Flyertalkers......

But it'll be too dark to pose our champagne glasses for showing off pictures

Still don't know if I can come, i've now changed jobs but i'm still contracted to work late on Fridays and early on Saturdays.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Put me down for attending - a little daunting as it's my first internet 'meet'
Old Sep 19, 2015, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
Put me down for attending - a little daunting as it's my first internet 'meet'
Great to have you on board.

Don't worry about it. Think about it like your first First.

Mostly normal crazy people who attend and sadly (?) of the really crazy can't attend.

Welcome!
Old Sep 20, 2015, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
I might still make it, my last visitors leave the 29th, and there is an exhibit that I really want to see… Of course you guys as well.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 2:58 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Sounds great. Please count me in +1 Thanks. Looking forward to it.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON
Please count me in ... Possibly with wife (+1) but definitely at least me.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
The 2015 London DO - Friday 30th October

Welcome welcome welcome.

And Yahillwe, you know you want to!!! I promise I'll make the next Paris DO as well (provided we agree the date ;-).).

Happy Tuesday.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:40 am

Wiki updated

Over 90 now. chris1979, it is very generous to host the Do at your home but are we all going to fit in?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Wiki updated

Over 90 now. chris1979, it is very generous to host the Do at your home but are we all going to fit in?
easily. the butler is in the process of deciding which wing we'll use.....
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
easily. the butler is in the process of deciding which wing we'll use.....
I thought we discussed NOT letting Jamier45 make decisions!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:07 am
Original Poster

KARFA, can you please add matt84travel to the wiki please.

he's a long time lurking friend who's made the jump to create a profile. you've met him at the last X-mas DO.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:13 am

KARFA, can you please add matt84travel to the wiki please.

he's a long time lurking friend who's made the jump to create a profile. you've met him at the last X-mas DO.
Done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.