Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: To give the caterers an idea on numbers, please indicate if you plan to order food
Yes
81.67%
No
18.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dutch_122

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside - new opening, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
Food and drink will be available for purchase on the evening. Card machines will be working so you can pay by card. All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

It would help to get a rough idea of how many people will be looking to eat so if you are intending to order food there will be a poll on the thread added soon so please indicate.

Food price list
Drinks price list

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Where are you staying?
KARFA, Andriyko - The Trafalgar
Chandler Bing - Intercontinental
atmorris, aks120 - Crowne Plaza - The City
agehall, PleasureFlyer, Mr BAGoldBoy, Mrs BAGoldBoy, ELK, BA0197- Hilton Bankside
toothy - St Ermins
DYKWIA - Park Plaza Riverbank
ABeautifulPlaceInThe - Browns Hotel

Attendees updated to post #414
Confirmed - 123
1P, ABeautifulPlaceInThe, af101, agehall, aks120, aircrashsurvivor, aircrashsurvivor+1, ak259, Andriyko, Arsey00, atmorris, BA or bust, BA0197, BAGoldBoy (Mr), BAGoldBoy (Mrs), bermondseyflyer, bettertoturnleftthanright, BLHD, Blue Skye, Blue Skye+1, BoeBus, BoeBus+1, bruno-s, chalf, Chandler Bing, Chandler Bing+1, choosethedrew, chris1979, corporate-wage-slave, Cris L, Cymro, danielbk, danielbk+1, Dark Blue, DGM1985, Docklandsguy, dutch_122, DYKWIA, EI147, ELK, elsanchez, Etting, Farringdon, Filthy Monkey, GadgetGal, Gagravarr, Gagravarr+1, gav0106, GodAtum, GodAtum+1, Gomac, gustavmahler, gustavmahler+1, haasha, hcuk94, Hoch, hsmall, hugolover, JamieABZ, jh321, johnaalex, johnaalex+1, johnny5a, JustTheOne, KARFA, KeaneJohn, LDNConsultant, LDNConsultant+1, linzbh, London_traveller, London_traveller+1, LondonAndy, LondonCanuck, MacMyDay, MacMyDay+1, MarkLHR, matt84travel, matthandy, MsCapricorn, njf63, nomadic.relief, nwmgc, nwmgc+1, our_kid, Pandra, Pandra+1, Pawel Siewko, Physci, PJSMITH0, PleasureFlyer, PleasureFlyer+1, Primosec52, Quarky Quark, Richmond_Surrey, sag3gonzals2, sag3gonzals2+1, saltytheseagull, Same but different, Same but different+1, Sards, Sards+1, sebastiansw3, seddon, skye1, skye1+1, Shl, Shl+1, sigma421, Sixth Freedom, sl1ppy, small_clanger, TheFatCat, TheFlyingDoctor, thejohn, Tintin_on_the_road, Tintin_on_the_road+1, toothy, TravellerFrequently, TravellerFrequently+ 1, vgang, visualAd, winchpete

Possible - 26
airpricing, Beano HK, bibbju, chuichi, fransknorge, mr hsmall, Jamier45, JAXBA, JimboandtheJetset, Justonemore, MarkedMan, megaloman, MrMutton, nmnm224, olybeast, olybeast+1, papabear, papyPiHi, PETER01, robertf999, seaskybound, ThatT1Feeling, themapelligroup, wizla, wizla+1, Yahillwe, youngbaflyer
Print Wikipost

The 2015 London DO - Friday 30th October

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Due to a change of plans we can now come to the do if space is available, so it's
thejohn and thejohn+1

this will be FT do no 3 for us.....
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
I have decided to bite the bullet and attend my first DO! No +1 for me - while Mr JtO definitely appreciates the concept of Flyertalk due to the increased presence of comfy seats in his travel arrangements since my habit here began, that appreciation would probably be stretched beyond its limit if he had to attend an actual DO!

Wiki updated to this post.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thejohn
Due to a change of plans we can now come to the do if space is available, so it's
thejohn and thejohn+1

Will be nice to see you two again!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by thejohn
thejohn and thejohn+1

there is space for everyone. I think the venue limit on numbers is in the region of a 777 so everyone (and their "plus 1's") is very welcome!

Originally Posted by JustTheOne
I have decided to bite the bullet and attend my first DO! No +1 for me - while Mr JtO definitely appreciates the concept of Flyertalk due to the increased presence of comfy seats in his travel arrangements since my habit here began, that appreciation would probably be stretched beyond its limit if he had to attend an actual DO!

Wiki updated to this post.
great to have have you join us for your first DO!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing
Will be nice to see you two again!
thats what we thought when we saw you both on the list....

John

Thanks for updating the wiki Chris1979 I didn't want too in case the list was full...
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I can now confirm that I can make it. I may even have a plus one.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL FL, AA EXP, MR Titanium, HH Dia, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Melia Plat, Amex Centurion
You don't even have to pretend you work for :GE, IBM, HP, ACC etc etc..

I have checked my ever so packed diary... and it seems that I can fit this "Do" in between a few LGA-BOS-LAX-PHX-LGB and PTY-MIA-TPA-CLT-PHL-PHX-LAS-LAX trips....I am back in the country for at least 8 days! Ha...it was obviously meant to be....

We (yes my long suffering other half is coming along as well!) are booked in at the relatively new Hilton Bankside. Bagged that for £125 in the Summer Sale - a bit disappointed that I don't have to pretend to work for a litany of Blue Chips.

Just like Chris1979 I am too busy flying to really do any work

(Wiki updated..phew... the most challenging work I have done in about 3 weeks...)

Last edited by PleasureFlyer; Aug 4, 2015 at 3:20 pm Reason: Afterthought
Old Aug 9, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: DL, BA Silver, VS, BA Amex PP
I'm now a maybe. I'm supposed to be heading north that evening for a wedding so won't be able to hang around but could be there for the start and then jump in the car. Although a sober Do will be odd...
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Any clues as to where we should look for hotels?

Or is this a "catch the first train" in the morning job?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by BA0197
Any clues as to where we should look for hotels?

Or is this a "catch the first train" in the morning job?
as previously said, venue is in SE1 and you will have views of the "Elisabeth Tower".

Some have guessed pretty 'warm' / 'hot' and I have posted some nearby hotel suggestions which were suggested by our most generous host.

If you need more detailed location at this stage, PM me and I'll tell you.

just crossing a few Ts and dotting some i's before revealing full venue details.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by chris1979
as previously said, venue is in SE1 and you will have views of the "Elisabeth Tower".

Some have guessed pretty 'warm' / 'hot' and I have posted some nearby hotel suggestions which were suggested by our most generous host.

If you need more detailed location at this stage, PM me and I'll tell you.

just crossing a few Ts and dotting some i's before revealing full venue details.
Perfect, thanks for the hint!

Waiting in suspense!
Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
I'm staying at the back of MI5, from your description chris1979 it looks like I'll be crossing a bridge and turning left?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Please put me down as attending.. hopefully this time I will stay more than 5 mins.. I did go to the last one at Davys but got there a bit late.. nd when they didn't take cards and I had no cash my nerves got the better of me finding a cashpoint and I headed home.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Ambassador, Lufthansa Underling level and other underling cards...
such a shame, will be en route to ANU for annual leave.... Greetings from my TP run, few last legs now (at JFK going to LHR then MUC). Lucky I am travelling with hand luggage only; from what I gather it's been fun & games at T5 :O

Enjoy the get together! I'll be trying to put my whereabouts into the meeting diary so maybe I'll meet some of you experienced "runners" one day.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Accor Gold, Club Carlson Silver
I'm probably a newbie here, but even if I say so myself, I'm learning fast...

Count me in please. (any idea of costs?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.