Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by Banana4321
Hi, where can I get details please?
You can get these in the ITA Matrix. Put "/alliance oneworld" in the advanced box. Try starting from ARN or CPH. Raffles covers this in his Head for Points blog for more info
Old May 23, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
There is also a slightly simpler search engine at >>> https://www.routehappy.com

A bit fuzzy in respect of 'comfort' etc, but quick and easy to use as a starting point. When you've done the initial search for the route/dates you want, you can filter using the 'Airlines" drop-down [oneworld, or specific carriers] ... but it only prices in USD.

DUB-LHR-AUH, CE/CW with BA in January for USD 1,634 r/t ... Is that good?
Old May 23, 2015, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I need a quick sense check - also I am not Avios rich. Splashed 150k on F return to Vegas later in the year with 2-4-1 (actually not even direct outbound) in the pre 28th Apr frenzy! Cash element £1,110.00 for two

Have now seen J return exDUB for £1,065 or F out J back for £1,422.

Currently will need to book internal flight in US for approx. £100 each plus extra night accom before reaching Vegas.

I am thinking that the extra £1,020.00 - (or even £1,422 ) would get me 150k back plus earnings of circa 60,000 over two is a no brainer??

This would give me nearly enough for SYD return on the 2-4-1 so I am far better off cancelling my Avios booking?

Any thoughts / advise on this?
Old May 23, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Yes that's a no-brainer surely.
Old May 23, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I need a quick sense check - also I am not Avios rich. Splashed 150k on F return to Vegas later in the year with 2-4-1 (actually not even direct outbound) in the pre 28th Apr frenzy! Cash element £1,110.00 for two

Have now seen J return exDUB for £1,065 or F out J back for £1,422.

Currently will need to book internal flight in US for approx. £100 each plus extra night accom before reaching Vegas.

I am thinking that the extra £1,020.00 - (or even £1,422 ) would get me 150k back plus earnings of circa 60,000 over two is a no brainer??

This would give me nearly enough for SYD return on the 2-4-1 so I am far better off cancelling my Avios booking?

Any thoughts / advise on this?
Yes. Look at SYD availability for the next 12 months and decide after that.

By all means do that routing but credit to AA as part of a platinum challenge and use the AAdvantage miles at 125,000 each J return to SYD including stopovers. It's the same amount as Avios post 4/28 using a 2-4-1, except you can mix OneWorld carriers and have free stopovers and generally lower fees.
Old May 23, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the very informative response Tafflyer - re SYD I would look to do end of 2016 using the 1.00am release of two BA J seats and then again a fortnight later

I have never looked / have no knowledge of other programmes so would have to research as sounds too good to be true. Just re-read - so I wouldn't need the 2-4-1?
Old May 23, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
It obviously means having enough miles in AAdvantage. That's the only issue when you haven't status, hence suggesting the Platinum challenge to increase earning to quickly gain status.
Old May 25, 2015, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cancelled and got a cash exDUB for £1,060 in J. The price for F was £357 extra outbound, which is ridiculous! Have 23 hours to change mind and book this!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:54 am

Having found out the day after the sale ended that I need to make some West coast US trips early 2016, could some kind soul assure me that I just need some patience and a further sale will / is likely to come along in the not too-distant future?

Am under pressure to book sooner rather than later - but am I right to wait? If so, any ideas of when another sale is likely?

Cheers

Mark
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mark_h
Having found out the day after the sale ended that I need to make some West coast US trips early 2016, could some kind soul assure me that I just need some patience and a further sale will / is likely to come along in the not too-distant future?
Consider yourself assured!

However, for your own specific circumstances, in which cabin are you interested in booking? There are slightly different dynamics for F/J on the one hand and W/Y on the other.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:19 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mark_h
I need to make some West coast US trips early 2016, could some kind soul assure me that I just need some patience and a further sale will / is likely to come along in the not too-distant future?
In addition to the point made by Globaliser, how flexible are you in terms of travel dates, carrier, routing and flight times? There are a lot of days in "early 2016" on which sale inventory on direct BA flights could be limited or sold out, including back-to-school, half term, spring break, Easter. The more flexible you are, the more comfortable you can feel about waiting.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Consider yourself assured!

However, for your own specific circumstances, in which cabin are you interested in booking? There are slightly different dynamics for F/J on the one hand and W/Y on the other.
Thanks Globaliser. J fares would be the aim.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
This is always useful for checking possible dates - http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/ta...airways-sales/

With the past being no guide to the future I'd note the traditional last week of June Y and W sale fares... (Was debating whether or not to push button on W to DEL or go via DUB and save £200 - with a joker and GUF of course - but I might save similar if history repeats...)
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"We've got something in store for you, but we're not quite ready yet. Please come back at 11.30am" any ideas ??
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
"We've got something in store for you, but we're not quite ready yet. Please come back at 11.30am" any ideas ??
a cancellation or delay of a flight you have booked maybe!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.