Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK
Here is a guide as to the best and worst seats in UK Domestic, Club Europe and Euro Traveller on the Boeing 767-300ER shorthaul aircraft.

Registrations: NWA, NWB, NWX, NWZ, ZHA, ZHB, ZHC.
Aircraft code: 76B.

Please ask your questions here, and hopefully someone will be able to help!

Please note, that due to BA's future introduction of Club on domestic routes, the domestic configuration shown below may no longer be in service when you view this guide.

Configuration

Seating capacity: CY259
Seat types: Rows 1-17 are fitted with convertible seating. Rows 18-40 are fitted with Recaro CL3510 seats.
In-flight entertainment: Overhead screens

A summary of comments made on previous threads:

Please note, seats 1A/B/J/K do not exist.

It has been reported that F-K seats can be quieter, due to naturally lower footfall in the second aisle.

Rows 2, 4, 6, 8 all have excellent window views.

Boarding usually occurs via door 2L- therefore, row 12 is best for a swift exit.

Rows 1-17 have 34 inch pitch.
Rows 18+ have 30 inch pitch.

1 D-F: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
2 A-B: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
2 J-K: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
9 A-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat. The proximity to the galley and toilets may however be irritating. Well-placed for a quick exit.
12 A-K: Recommended, due to the extra legroom. The proximity to the galley and toilets may however be irritating. Well-placed for a quick exit.
13 A/K: These seats have a misaligned window.
14 A/K: These seats have a misaligned window.
25 A-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
27 A-K: Recommended, due to the extra (unlimited) legroom.
38 J-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
Row 39 onwards: The proximity to the galley and toilets may be irritating.
39 A-B: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
Row 40: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.

Related threads:
Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Boeing 767 shorthaul

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Arrow Seating guide: Boeing 767 shorthaul

Please add your questions and comments below.

Hopefully this thread will be of use.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
I selected 27A/B on my flight to IST later this week but not sure whether to move forward to rows 12-17 as I know from previous experience that whilst the unlimited legroom is a bonus, the seats feel slightly narrow.

I can't remember if row 27 has a good window view, which is another reason for maybe moving forward.

Should I stay put or move forward?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Executive, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Silver, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Rewards Gold Elite
I would stay put in 27A/B given that leg room and pitch are rather tight in the remaining seats on the 767 shorthaul, including the bulkhead. My mate and I just had 27J/K recently on a flight to/from ARN. The leg room was amazing (I am 6' 4" tall and could stretch out entirely). Happy to report that there is indeed a window at both 27A and 27K. So you will be able to see out during your journey, albeit with a slightly obstructed view caused by the wing!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hhonours Diamond, Flying Blue, Amex Centurion, Accor Gold, Priority Pass
GLALHR

Does anyone have any thoughts on the beat seats for quickest egress on a767 on this route? It's been ages since I was last on this flight. Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:23 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
The emergency exits would provide a quick egress.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by NVPSS
Does anyone have any thoughts on the beat seats for quickest egress on a767 on this route? It's been ages since I was last on this flight. Thanks.
Somewhere in the very front cabin. If they use the front door, fine. If they use the 2nd from front door, they still disembark the front cabin first in my experience.

A 767 makes a nice change for domestic, but expect it to be crumbling and falling apart around you.. The poor old dears
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Seating guide: Boeing 767 shorthaul

Row 9 is quite good, but it does depend on which door they use on disembarking. It's almost always been door 2L (the second one) whenever I've flown.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:19 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by NVPSS
9 or 12. 2nd door on the left is nearly always used, which is great for rows 9 and 12. Even better for row 9 if the crew hold back the hordes and let the front rows off first, which they often do. But beware, sometimes, just sometimes, the plane lands at a non-domestic gate and you get off via the back door on the left and on to a bus for a short drive to the terminal. You need to be very unlucky to experience this though.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
Echoing Nobbyclark's comments, 9 or 12 on the left would be your best bets. I fly to Glasgow on the 767 on a regular basis and have always left via door 2L.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hhonours Diamond, Flying Blue, Amex Centurion, Accor Gold, Priority Pass
Thanks very much everyone.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
For EDI-LHR will it always be the domestic configuration or do the others get subbed in much ?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by PIKnic
For EDI-LHR will it always be the domestic configuration or do the others get subbed in much ?
It's very rare for a long haul sub to get put on a domestic - you can check using BA Source.

It's a nice surprise when it does happen though, though the IFE won't be working and it'll just be crisps and coke from the trolley.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:19 pm

Is S/H CE worth it on longer sectors (ie LCA)? It's not so expensive, but am I right in thinking the converter seats aren't actually any wider than the regular ones?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
I would say they are worth the extra. Chance of a L/H sub, too.

34" pitch, and middle seats are plenty wide enough with the extra space.

The window pairs have an extra " or so width over economy.
I find the slimline seats on the 767 too tight.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
9 or 12. 2nd door on the left is nearly always used, which is great for rows 9 and 12. Even better for row 9 if the crew hold back the hordes and let the front rows off first, which they often do. But beware, sometimes, just sometimes, the plane lands at a non-domestic gate and you get off via the back door on the left and on to a bus for a short drive to the terminal. You need to be very unlucky to experience this though.
Had the reverse on a 767 MAD-LHR last year, it was sent to a domestic gate on arrival and we had to disembark via the rear left door to a bus, as you say. I was mildly irritated having positioned myself at the front of ET for a quick exit, the CE pax were somewhat less chuffed...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.