Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK
Here is a guide as to the best and worst seats in UK Domestic, Club Europe and Euro Traveller on the Boeing 767-300ER shorthaul aircraft.

Registrations: NWA, NWB, NWX, NWZ, ZHA, ZHB, ZHC.
Aircraft code: 76B.

Please ask your questions here, and hopefully someone will be able to help!

Please note, that due to BA's future introduction of Club on domestic routes, the domestic configuration shown below may no longer be in service when you view this guide.

Configuration

Seating capacity: CY259
Seat types: Rows 1-17 are fitted with convertible seating. Rows 18-40 are fitted with Recaro CL3510 seats.
In-flight entertainment: Overhead screens

A summary of comments made on previous threads:

Please note, seats 1A/B/J/K do not exist.

It has been reported that F-K seats can be quieter, due to naturally lower footfall in the second aisle.

Rows 2, 4, 6, 8 all have excellent window views.

Boarding usually occurs via door 2L- therefore, row 12 is best for a swift exit.

Rows 1-17 have 34 inch pitch.
Rows 18+ have 30 inch pitch.

1 D-F: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
2 A-B: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
2 J-K: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
9 A-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat. The proximity to the galley and toilets may however be irritating. Well-placed for a quick exit.
12 A-K: Recommended, due to the extra legroom. The proximity to the galley and toilets may however be irritating. Well-placed for a quick exit.
13 A/K: These seats have a misaligned window.
14 A/K: These seats have a misaligned window.
25 A-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
27 A-K: Recommended, due to the extra (unlimited) legroom.
38 J-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
Row 39 onwards: The proximity to the galley and toilets may be irritating.
39 A-B: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
Row 40: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.

Related threads:
Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Boeing 767 shorthaul

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
Hi - how does one create an icon in the dashboard for this wiki?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Best CE seat

Hello,

First post on this great forum!

Thanks a lot to all the members for the great and super helpful contributions. I will for sure do my best to post anything I feel worth it.

Quick question today: I'm flying to Istanbul soon in CE. I saw here that seats 1D and 1F were recommended but Seatguru warns against them. Any feedback from someone who flew in a similar cabin recently?

Thanks in advance,
Marc
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Quick question today: I'm flying to Istanbul soon in CE. I saw here that seats 1D and 1F were recommended but Seatguru warns against them. Any feedback from someone who flew in a similar cabin recently?
Welcome to FT!

Never use SeatGuru - it is invariably incorrect. http://www.thebasource.com is a better choice.

Having said that, personally I don't like 1DF as they are quite open to the galley/door area. I prefer 2DF.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:50 am

Thank you very much for these 2 pieces of advice Genius!
I had booked both segments in 1F but have changed the inbound flight to 2F to compare.
I'll of course report me feedback here when back (mid April).
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Thank you very much for these 2 pieces of advice Genius!
I had booked both segments in 1F but have changed the inbound flight to 2F to compare.
I'll of course report me feedback here when back (mid April).
Great choices, have a good trip! This was one of my experiences of IST back in 2012:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ub-europe.html
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:21 pm

I flew to Istanbul and back to Heathrow last week on the B767 CE configuration. Having read here (thank you) mixed reviews I was not sure which seat to choose and decided to try 1F and 2F. As reported there is a little more space on 1 but you're really in the galley area with the curtain not being closed most of the time so not very pleasant and sometime even almost embarrassing. On the other hand 2 has slightly less leg room and is still close from the galleys. So really a hard call...maybe worth trying 1D even if you will have the traffic of CE passengers using the toilets?

Also worth mentioning that the soft product has significantly deteriorated since your great report: no more pre-departure drinks, no more magazines, no more canapés...
Old May 4, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Thoughts on 2AK versus 1DF? I am an avid window seat fan but it seems a shame to be sitting in an essentially economy-width seat
Old May 4, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by ENTP
Thoughts on 2AK versus 1DF? I am an avid window seat fan but it seems a shame to be sitting in an essentially economy-width seat
Perfectly decent seats. As a solo traveller I've yet to have anyone sit next to me in 2A or 2K. These are my seats of choice.

No point flying if you can't see out the window!
Old May 4, 2015, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by paul4040
Perfectly decent seats. As a solo traveller I've yet to have anyone sit next to me in 2A or 2K. These are my seats of choice.

No point flying if you can't see out the window!
You're absolutely right - thanks Paul
Old May 27, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
CE seats or Row 27?

Travelling to ATH with my infrequent-flying father (mid 60's) and want him to be comfortable and enjoy himself.

A few rows of the CE seats are available to be chosen, as I believe is fairly common, so the question is: do we go for a pair of those window seats, or a pair on row 27, which is also available?

To add - we're both <5'10" so leg room isn't critical but is enjoyable. If the CE seat is more comfortable, then it would be preferable because the 34" pitch is sufficient for our legs!

Also - row 12 is not yet unblocked, but if it does come free later, is that preferred?
Old May 27, 2015, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Foltan
Travelling to ATH with my infrequent-flying father (mid 60's) and want him to be comfortable and enjoy himself.

A few rows of the CE seats are available to be chosen, as I believe is fairly common, so the question is: do we go for a pair of those window seats, or a pair on row 27, which is also available?

To add - we're both 5'10&" so leg room isn't critical but is enjoyable. If the CE seat is more comfortable, then it would be preferable because the 34" pitch is sufficient for our legs!

Also - row 12 is not yet unblocked, but if it does come free later, is that preferred?
They aren't CE seats as such, just convertibles.

If you select one of these then you risk being "curtained" as the CE cabin expands, and you'll be ignominiously deposited somewhere down the back in middle seats; Sod's Law.

I'd go for the safe option of any window pair in the rear cabin, which are more than adequate on the 767.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:04 am

If you select one of these then you risk being "curtained" as the CE cabin expands, and you'll be ignominiously deposited somewhere down the back in middle seats; Sod's Law.

I'd go for the safe option of any window pair in the rear cabin, which are more than adequate on the 767.
From my reading, CE is say rows 1-7 and in ET 8,9,12 are currently blocked; and he is in one of rows 13-17 which are still 34" pitch.

If it was me I'd probably park myself in rows 13-17 for the time being (as I like being near the front for a quick exit) and aim for row 12 when it is unblocked at 11am GMT on D-3. If there's a couple of rows of ET in the front cabin behind the curtain that should provide enough protection from the menacing curtaining.
Old May 27, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Rows thirteen and fourteen at the wing root have poorly aligned window... 15 is better.
Old May 28, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
No they're definitely different seats in appearance and they have a larger pitch - all rows back to 17. I just wasn't sure whether they're wider and more comfortable than the ET seats.

Originally Posted by ENTP
From my reading, CE is say rows 1-7 and in ET 8,9,12 are currently blocked; and he is in one of rows 13-17 which are still 34" pitch.

If it was me I'd probably park myself in rows 13-17 for the time being (as I like being near the front for a quick exit) and aim for row 12 when it is unblocked at 11am GMT on D-3. If there's a couple of rows of ET in the front cabin behind the curtain that should provide enough protection from the menacing curtaining.
Yes at the moment all rows from 6 backwards are appearing but blocked (even for Golds) so I suspect there's a good chance of more rows appearing nearer the time.

Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Rows thirteen and fourteen at the wing root have poorly aligned window... 15 is better.
Thanks, will bear this in mind - he'll want a window view!
Old May 28, 2015, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Foltan

No they're definitely different seats in appearance and they have a larger pitch - all rows back to 17. I just wasn't sure whether they're wider and more comfortable than the ET seats.
Yes, they're convertible seats, which is what I was trying to say.

They aren't "Club Europe" seats. They can be either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.