Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Silver, travelling with family. Fast Track?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Hi all,

I'm BAEC Silver and everytime I travel it is always on my own so I have never used Fast Track Security or Boarding for somebody travelling with me. However, this Saturday travelling EDI-LHR-JNB in Economy with three other members of my family (non-status) on the same PNR.

As such I was wondering if somebody could clarify the official rules for the following questions please?

1. Can I take them through Fast Track Security with me at EDI or is it only one guest?

2. Can I take them through Fast Track Boarding with me at EDI and LHR? I'm not even sure if guesting a fellow passenger with you at priority boarding is even a benefit, and therefore attempting to take three fellow passengers with me I think might be pushing it?

I'm thinking the answer to both of those is questions is a resounding "No" to having three guests with me but just wanted to clarify.

I am more than happy to use the regular security and boarding lanes if need be, I'm not too fussed just wanted to know if my status would have any benefits when travelling with the other three.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Yes and Yes
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dc2447
Yes and Yes
Originally Posted by nux
No and no.
That's cleared that up then
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:05 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks nux for the info. I'm thinking I might just leave it, don't want to look like a DYKWIA sort of person strutting up to the gate with my three companions to be told get to the back!

Cheers.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
I always fastrack with my family as do many others
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by angatol
I guested someone at fast track boarding a few days ago and was advised that it isn't allowed. I was granted an exception though.
I was guested fast track boarding at SOF last weekend just fine, although it didn't seem very closely checked
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:33 am

I was guested to Fast Track Security and Boarding by a family member couple of weeks back at several airports including LHR in a long itinerary. No issues and everywhere they indeed checked and made sure one of us had the eligibility.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Don't know the official policy, but haven't been challenged taking my family (me+3) through fast track security or boarding at LHR, even when I was the only one with status, though haven't taken them through in the last few months.

Have taken colleagues (usually only 1 each time) without status through fast track boarding on BA many times in UK and overseas, never been a problem. Usually meet colleagues airside at LHR, so less experience of taking them through fast track security.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I traveled thru LHR in mid Oct with my wife and daughter. We were allowed to use fast track though the lady made a comment saying as you are 1 gold and 1 silver, I will let all 3 of you through. She kind of suggested that she was making an exception, we obviously didn't bother to argue and just said Thank You.

At that point, my daughter was only a Bronze (she turned 2 mid august and haven't had enough time to get to 600 TPs)
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:44 am
Original Poster

I'd dropped BA a tweet earlier on before posting this thread and they have just got back to me. So I guess we can take this as the "official policy"

Hi David, Silver card holders are entitled to one guest for access into our fast track service. Sorry we're unable to allow anymore. Linz
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:50 am

As a silver/gold cardholder in WT or WTP, you're entitled to only 1 guest at fast track (same as the lounge). This is clearly displayed on the signs at every fast track entrance. Sometimes it's faster to let you through with more than one guest than to stand there and argue about the policy (hence the testimonies). But I'm sure if we all stick to the rules, fast track will move a lot faster for those really entitled to it ��
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Emerald and Sapphire pax can take one guest through Fast Track security. The official policy is no guests at Fast Track boarding, but in practice this is rarely challenged and one guest is generally fine.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by angatol
I guested someone at fast track boarding a few days ago and was advised that it isn't allowed. I was granted an exception though.
Never had any issues with this for either security or boarding. Now that my wife is BA Bronze boarding is moot point anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.