Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-order catering (First, Club World and World Traveller+) live from 18th Nov 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: stuart101
BA's pre-order meal service is offered on the following routes:

From 18 November 2014
  • Dallas Fort Worth
  • Las Vegas
  • Phoenix
  • Rio de Janeiro
  • Seattle
  • Vancouver

From 05 February 2015
  • Austin
  • Buenos Aires
  • Houston
  • Mexico City
  • Sao Paulo
  • San Diego

From 01 March 2015
  • Atlanta
  • Baltimore
  • Boston
  • Calgary
  • Chicago O'Hare
  • Denver
  • Montreal
  • Philadelphia
  • Toronto

From 01 June 2015
  • New York

* and supposedly Washington (Dulles) at some point soon.
Accra (not sure from when but is available for my flight on 14th Setpember)

This service allows those of us travelling in First, Club World and World Traveller Plus to select our meals at any time between 30 days and 24 hours before flight departure to guarantee our first choice of main course. Orders are placed via Manage My Booking on ba.com
Print Wikipost

Pre-order catering (First, Club World and World Traveller+) live from 18th Nov 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:43 am

I'm flying LHR-SEA-FAI in June in CW but on MMB it says that I can't pre order my meals on that leg or on the return when I am in F.

I was looking forward to being able to do this as I am now allergic to some shellfish and wanted to make sure I didn't end up with them.

Would this have anything to do with the flights being reward bookings?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by Rubyruby1
I'm flying LHR-SEA-FAI in June in CW but on MMB it says that I can't pre order my meals on that leg or on the return when I am in F.
If my memory serves me well, meal pre-order opens 30 days before the flight date. You might want to check whether meal options are available in May.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by luitje
If my memory serves me well, meal pre-order opens 30 days before the flight date. You might want to check whether meal options are available in May.
My flight to EZE only started offering pre-order options between 8-10 days out. It definitely didn't have that option any earlier, which is why I ended up here asking if it was still happening.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
My flight to EZE only started offering pre-order options between 8-10 days out. It definitely didn't have that option any earlier, which is why I ended up here asking if it was still happening.
Thank you both for your replies, I will keep checking nearer the time.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: FT
so my YYZ-LHR segment in F is within 30 days but yet "Order your in-flight meal" is not able to be selected.

what gives?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA blue
Originally Posted by mkjr
so my YYZ-LHR segment in F is within 30 days but yet "Order your in-flight meal" is not able to be selected.

what gives?
This option is only for ex LHR segments. Not the other way.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by oblender
This option is only for ex LHR segments. Not the other way.
I see. I must say, having been able to do this for all segments of my BR flight YYZ-TPE-SIN-TPE-YYZ in J, was great, but this is kind of sucky...oh well, i guess it is just a test. perhaps in time.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
For my 6th May flight to Atlanta the choices are:

Seared fillet of British beef with Bearnaise sauce, roast potatoes, runner beans and butternut squash

Chicken in a spicy tomato and coconut cream sauce with turmeric rice and green beans

Rigatoni pasta with char-grilled vegetables and a sun-dried tomato and herb sauce

Chilled Main Course salad of Roast salmon in Turkish spices, fregola, pomegranate seed, parsley, mint and sumac salad

Order when I get on board
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by Wembleygal
For my 6th May flight to Atlanta the choices are:

Seared fillet of British beef with Bearnaise sauce, roast potatoes, runner beans and butternut squash

Chicken in a spicy tomato and coconut cream sauce with turmeric rice and green beans

Rigatoni pasta with char-grilled vegetables and a sun-dried tomato and herb sauce

Chilled Main Course salad of Roast salmon in Turkish spices, fregola, pomegranate seed, parsley, mint and sumac salad

Order when I get on board
Any anecdotal evidence of the difference (if any) between what you can preorder and what is on-board? Also, how did you get the menu - I have two flights in may LHR to IAH ( which seems to have the preorder function) and JFK to LHR. Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:33 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
I pre ordered and found that there was no change to the mains. I was op upped to CW so can't comment on whether the starter and dessert stayed the same. I did notice that the man next to me had pre ordered but had to let the crew know when she came by to take his order. I would have thought it would be on their paper somewhere but nope. Don't know whether my pre ordered beef carried forward r not.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
If you are on a pre-order route, to the right of the Choose Main Course box there's a View menu link, click on that and you see the whole menu for the first service of the flight. E.g. for my next LHR-ORD flight in F the menu is:

In-flight menu

BA295 London to Chicago 11:20
See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters
Confit duck terrine with pickled apple purée, carrot, celeriac and grain mustard salad with beetroot jelly
Asparagus and a poached Burford brown egg with a chervil and truffle sauce
Cream of English celery soup with Blue Wensleydale cheese and walnuts
Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of classic vinaigrette or blue cheese dressing

Main
Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus beef with morel mushroom sauce, seasonal vegetables and herb potato cake
Steamed sea trout with marsh samphire, Jersey Royal potatoes with a tomato and cockle salsa, sweet red peppers and a lemon butter sauce
Chicken tikka masala with dal makhani and jeera pilau rice
Warm main course salad of seared tiger prawns in parsley and garlic butter with grilled Mediterranean vegetables and a tomato dressing

Bistro Selection
Penne pasta in a lemon and chervil cream sauce with rocket, spring vegetables and pine nuts
Braised lamb Moroccan style slider with tomato relish, baba ganoush and slaw salad

Desserts
Rhubarb and Redcurrant tart with rhubarb compote
Warm chocolate and hazelnut torte
Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate
Somerset Camembert
Old Amsterdam
Pyrénées Pere Toinou
Fourme d'Ambert
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by wtcmor
Any anecdotal evidence of the difference (if any) between what you can preorder and what is on-board?
If I understand your question correctly…

The is NO difference between what you can pre-order and what is onboard. You are ordering from the menu that is loaded for that flight. The only difference being that we, as crew, get a code next to your name on the PIL which indicates your choice of main course dish from the menu, so will not ask what you would like for the main course.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
If I understand your question correctly…

The is NO difference between what you can pre-order and what is onboard. You are ordering from the menu that is loaded for that flight. The only difference being that we, as crew, get a code next to your name on the PIL which indicates your choice of main course dish from the menu, so will not ask what you would like for the main course.
I am assuming that your pre order would be loaded, and that there will be no or less risk of not having your first choice available ?

If so, does this mean there are less meals loaded as a lot of passengers will have pre ordered ?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The starters are still loaded to 100% so there is always a chance of not getting your first choice.
The main course are loaded to 120% and the ratios of each are voted on by crew and set for that month, the pre ordered choices are taken from this and the remainder used for those who order on board.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The starters are still loaded to 100% so there is always a chance of not getting your first choice.
The main course are loaded to 120% and the ratios of each are voted on by crew and set for that month, the pre ordered choices are taken from this and the remainder used for those who order on board.
That's really helpful - thanks... I'll be preordering then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.