Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-order catering (First, Club World and World Traveller+) live from 18th Nov 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: stuart101
BA's pre-order meal service is offered on the following routes:

From 18 November 2014
  • Dallas Fort Worth
  • Las Vegas
  • Phoenix
  • Rio de Janeiro
  • Seattle
  • Vancouver

From 05 February 2015
  • Austin
  • Buenos Aires
  • Houston
  • Mexico City
  • Sao Paulo
  • San Diego

From 01 March 2015
  • Atlanta
  • Baltimore
  • Boston
  • Calgary
  • Chicago O'Hare
  • Denver
  • Montreal
  • Philadelphia
  • Toronto

From 01 June 2015
  • New York

* and supposedly Washington (Dulles) at some point soon.
Accra (not sure from when but is available for my flight on 14th Setpember)

This service allows those of us travelling in First, Club World and World Traveller Plus to select our meals at any time between 30 days and 24 hours before flight departure to guarantee our first choice of main course. Orders are placed via Manage My Booking on ba.com
Print Wikipost

Pre-order catering (First, Club World and World Traveller+) live from 18th Nov 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Not sure if the details have already been announced, but here's the info:

Customers travelling in First, Club World and World Traveller Plus will be able to take advantage of a new service that allows them to pre-order their main course online before they fly.

From November 18, customers travelling on flights from December 1 will be able to guarantee their first choice of main course from the menu offered on board.

Customers can simply select their meal from 30 days before their flight departs, right up to 24 hours prior to take-off through the ‘manage my booking’ tool on ba.com. The pre-order service will initially be available on flights between Heathrow and Las Vegas, Phoenix, Rio de Janeiro, Vancouver, Dallas and Seattle, with more routes to be added in early 2015.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:30 am

Isn't that the OF as CW route list?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MPH1980
Isn't that the OF as CW route list?
Some of them are, but then pre-order is also available to CW passengers

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...x-las-yvr.html
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC
So there is no wider choice of dishes (such as through Singapore Airlines' Book the Cook, with 61 dishes for F ex-SIN, and 42 in J ex-SIN), just your choice from the standard menu. Doesn't sound terribly interesting.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shefgab
So there is no wider choice of dishes (such as through Singapore Airlines' Book the Cook, with 61 dishes for F ex-SIN, and 42 in J ex-SIN), just your choice from the standard menu. Doesn't sound terribly interesting.
That's amazing ^
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by shefgab
Ah, don't you just love how good news is received on here with the usual doom and gloom!

Personally I think it's a great start and am very pleased that BA are finally introducing this ^
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Ah, don't you just love how good news is received on here with the usual doom and gloom!

Personally I think it's a great start and am very pleased that BA are finally introducing this ^
Was thinking the same - for some time people on here have been pointing out that AA do it and it's not good enough that BA don't. Now we're starting to offer it in the exact same manner that AA do and now THAT is not good enough...
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: GGLfL
Great move.

For those with dietary needs/preferences, this is a great help to see what is available and book a main course, before considering a yucky and unappetising SPML.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
Will it affect chances of an op-up in the same way that special meals do?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Yes, it is a good start. After reading so many comments on FT about people not getting their choice of food, this is certainly great news. Hopefully BA will try to extend the choice of meals too.

I mentioned once before on FT that my only concern with this system is that it's not always easy to choose in advance what you will eat a few days later. Many things can influence your particular preference on any given day. However, this new system will at least give some guarantee that you will not be given something that you don't like. So this is a positive move.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Will this, like ordering special meals, ensure you never get an upgrade?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
When this has been discussed before there's always been two opposing views.

FOR: guaranteed (mostly) to get your preferred choice
AGINST: not everyone wants to make a decision on what to eat in advance, those who don't reserve will possibly have a limited selection.

I can see this being useful in CW where people often don't get their first choice (I've used the same scheme on AA before and it works well), but in F where there's a wider choice of food (and therefore more likely you'd change your mind on the day) it feels like a way of cutting down on what is loaded (which on F with its on demand style dining may mean someone can't mix and match menu items like they do now (e.g. Have an addional main course instead of afternoon tea).

So I think it's a good idea in J not so certain in F.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
I think this is a good move. I look forward to making use of it when it is rolled out more widely to other destinations. it is good to know what is available in advance rather than getting stuck with something you don't like.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I think it's a good idea, I'd like to see how this move will affect chances of op-ups. I would definitely use it when flying CW, though I'm not sure about WTP where I always got my first choice and often got upgraded to CW.
I'd extend it to CE, at least for flights at llunch and dinner time: the product has already been diminished in the years, it's frustrating when you don't even get your first choice of (poor) meal.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by MrSimonR
Great move.

For those with dietary needs/preferences, this is a great help to see what is available and book a main course, before considering a yucky and unappetising SPML.
As a veggie, I am very happy with this news

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.