Search

BRU-TRN: routes suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
BRU-TRN: routes suggestions?

Going through LGW with BA is a PITA.
Are there other suitable routes - with decent Y prices - to reach TRN, using BA/OW carriers or carriers where BA Silver can be of use?

I looked with IB/YW via MAD, but prices for next May where insane...

Thanks
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:46 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Is the sensible answer to this question to save your money and time and take a direct flight, rather than investing more of both just to stick to a particular airline/alliance?

Alternately find a nearby airport that doesn't go via Gatwick but I'm still not sure it's worth the hassle.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by V10
Is the sensible answer to this question to save your money and time and take a direct flight, rather than investing more of both just to stick to a particular airline/alliance?
Normally yes... and I know, I sound bizarre

But in my case, time is not a problem; in fact the actual travel is the more relaxing time of the entire trip, even with stops. Plus, 2 checked bags raise the direct flight price, BA Y is way less than SN J, and yes, It's also a little whim :P

Originally Posted by V10
Alternately find a nearby airport that doesn't go via Gatwick
The "easiest" route I had in mind was BRU-LHR-MXP. I asked for TRN because was closer to where I need to go, and I wanted to see if I missed some possible routing in my research.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by Lefly
Normally yes... and I know, I sound bizarre

But in my case, time is not a problem; in fact the actual travel is the more relaxing time of the entire trip, even with stops. Plus, 2 checked bags raise the direct flight price, BA Y is way less than SN J, and yes, It's also a little whim :P

The "easiest" route I had in mind was BRU-LHR-MXP. I asked for TRN because was closer to where I need to go, and I wanted to see if I missed some possible routing in my research.
I know LHR to LGW is a pain as opposed to LHR-LHR (or LGW-LGW), but it does only take an hour on a NE coach and there are lots of them. Does MXP really save you that much time over connecting LHR to LGW? If you are going to go by train, you are at least an hour from Milan's main stations plus have however much longer it takes to get where you've going from Milan rather than Turin.

Apart from the trek to LGW, what is the downside? To my my mind LGW is a pretty good airport - better Premium security than LHR, friendly staff, reasonable lounges (but not as good food as LHR). Looking at it the other way round neither TRN or MXP are a patch on LGW.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FrancisA
I know LHR to LGW is a pain as opposed to LHR-LHR (or LGW-LGW), but it does only take an hour on a NE coach and there are lots of them. Does MXP really save you that much time over connecting LHR to LGW?
MXP is only 1hr more of travel than TRN, by private car (someone comes to pick me up)

Also, the TRN-LGW doesn't allow me to take the last LHR-BRU flight. Other than that I have nothing against Gatwick
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Fly to MXP or LIN on whatever airline you prefer and then it's a short journey to Turin either by car or by train.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Understood, I'll scratch the TRN idea and stick to MXP
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Easy One

If you can bear it Ryanair has a direct flight Brussels to Turin and it's pretty cheap.

Otherwise I have found Turin airport very difficult to leave by any means other than car!!! There is the odd flight in, but it's more of a destination than a transfer point, if that makes sense.

Nice, France is a very reasonable journey away by road depending exactly how far north of Turin you're going. Nice airport is on the side of Nice that is towards Turin. So you won't have to go through Nice town itself, you are already more or less on the fast road when you leave the airport.

If you really are feeling brave then Ryanair also fly direct Brussels-Genoa.

Mmmm.... white truffles soon, in the area where I think you're going :-)

Last edited by h15t0r1an; Sep 17, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.