Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Terminal 1 International Lounge - Cheeky Access Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue

Im due on a LHR-DUB tomorrow night to start an ex-EU trip the following AM. As I will have in my possession an onward, long haul, CW boarding pass for the following AM, does anyone know/ care to guess if it will be possible to access the International Lounge as opposed to the domestic one, which I've heard is a bit crap, considering I have an International flight within 24 hours?!

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Aug 27, 2014 at 4:19 am Reason: and to an
Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think it's same day of travel (or before 6am the next morning).
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Baws!

Oh well, 'Business' lounge it is then. Does anyone know what the food options, if any, will be post 7ish?

Im guessing that, considering we will not have eaten pre-airport, that we should not rely on the lounge for food, is there a decent airside option, or should we go landside for something in T1,2 or 3?

Cheers!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
It will be porridge, raspberry and apricot pastries, croissants and cereals.

Nothing hot, nothing cooked.

It is a very miserable lounge all day long. And yes I am just bitter because 90% of my travel with my GC is through this horrible UK domestic lounge en route to BHD / DUB.

I am literally counting down the days until the move to T5 in October.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:14 am
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
Think it is 7 p.m. - then perhaps sandwiches and soup
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I too despise the domestic lounge in T1 and concur with BHDATC for the same reasons...

Does anyone know the date yet or plans for the move to T5 for LHR/DUB and LHR/BHD?

BTW OP, I have had success in the past when faced with a long domestic layover in T1 of asking very politely at the International lounge if I could pop in for some proper food and be on my way again very promptly... just saying.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mccorry
...Does anyone know the date yet or plans for the move to T5 for LHR/DUB and LHR/BHD? ...
The last Sunday of October.

I wouldn't worry too much about the lounge, it's an okay place to wait for a short while. The flights to DUB typically leave next door to the lounge so in that respect it's convenient. I was there last week, it's adequate for a quick drink and a butty.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by mccorry
I too despise the domestic lounge in T1 and concur with BHDATC for the same reasons...

Does anyone know the date yet or plans for the move to T5 for LHR/DUB and LHR/BHD?

BTW OP, I have had success in the past when faced with a long domestic layover in T1 of asking very politely at the International lounge if I could pop in for some proper food and be on my way again very promptly... just saying.
Oh great - just what is needed in T5 lounges, more people.

The food in the Galleries is pretty sub-standard to be honest - unless you are a carb addict at breakfast and unless they improve capacity soon it will be better to relax in the general terminal.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

I wouldn't worry too much about the lounge, it's an okay place to wait for a short while. The flights to DUB typically leave next door to the lounge so in that respect it's convenient. I was there last week, it's adequate for a quick drink and a butty.
The Dub flights I've been on lately leave from the old EI gates so you have to walk all the way down to the far end of the now desolate green mile...
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks all,

Are there any better PP options? I'm assuming they would already have been mentioned if so
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond

I wish they did. My last 6 DUB trips in the past month have gone from the long trek to old EI land.

Same with last 5 of 8 BHD trips in same period.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I'm flying out of T1 to LYS soon on a morning departure. What's the offering like in the International Lounge- same as T5 Galleries?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I booked a flight to BHD, knowing that the flights were moving to T5. I didn't realise that I was going to be flying out on the first day after the move (the last Sunday of October) - let's hope they don't delay the move
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
I'm flying out of T1 to LYS soon on a morning departure. What's the offering like in the International Lounge- same as T5 Galleries?
Similar to the Galleries Club lounges, but not Galleries First.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BHDATC
I wish they did. My last 6 DUB trips in the past month have gone from the long trek to old EI land.

Same with last 5 of 8 BHD trips in same period.
I'm sorry, I should have mentioned, corporate-wage-slave had booked A19 so I booked 8B for my two DUB flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.