Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by dolfinco
Cant seem to get one for August this year.

Its showing available on normal website but not on secret rooms.
Availability seems to have dried up for now on lastminute.com, and the pricing on hotwire is currently more than an advanced purchase directly from Sofitel. That said, I'm sure they'll be back, I haven't figured out if they have a pattern for when they make the hotel available yet.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Any lastminute.com discound codes going at the moment?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:26 pm

Hello all,

Just booked for this weekend on Hotwire (the only 5* in the Heathrow area, 95% recommended) - £99 a night using the following:

Code HOTEL10 gets $10 (£7ish) off a booking over $100 (i.e. 1 night)
Code RMN30 gets $30 (£21ish) off a booking over $200 (i.e. anything including and over 2 nights. Actually if 2 nights only, this brings the price down to £94ish - even better!)

So, looks like it's back on Hotwire at least!

I did think I saw it on Lastminute yesterday, but seems to have been pulled.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by Virazuno; Feb 9, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by dylanks
Availability seems to have dried up for now on lastminute.com
Shame, was a good deal. Hope it returns.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by goldencondor
It's frequently on there, just keep checking
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
It's still bookable on Hotwire. And those discount codes are still working too, making it cheaper still. (see my post above)
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

If you're in no rush, can be better to wait for lastminute.com as you can get cashback on that.

Although my last couple of bookings that way have booked into twin rooms - will have to see if my Plat status has any help in getting that changed at checkin...
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Originally Posted by Virazuno
It's still bookable on Hotwire. And those discount codes are still working too, making it cheaper still. (see my post above)
OK thanks
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I think the Sofitel is back as a secret hotel on lastminute.com for £98 but it's showing as 4* and the Trip Advisor review count doesn't math. The description about the convienient location and the fact there is a hairdresser ticked in the spec makes me think it is but I'm unsure.

Anyone got a recent experience of this?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Gomac
but it's showing as 4*
The Sofitel has been 4* for a while now so maybe the 3rd party systems have finally been updated.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:55 am

I think the Sofitel is back as a secret hotel on lastminute.com for £98 but it's showing as 4*
Is it the same description as before? i.e.

Luxury Hotel offering unforgettable stays at Heathrow
With ease of access to the airport, whilst having great links to central London. You will be impressed by the modern, elegant bedrooms
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:41 am

Is it the same description as before? i.e.

Luxury Hotel offering unforgettable stays at Heathrow
With ease of access to the airport, whilst having great links to central London. You will be impressed by the modern, elegant bedrooms
No it's Modern hotel near to London Heathrow Airport

Description: 
Whether you’re flying out of London Heathrow Airport or heading in to the capital, a comfortable stay can be enjoyed from this luxury hotel. With a superb location close to the airport terminals your visit can start and end conveniently, with plenty included on-site to keep you entertained and satisfied. The bar and restaurant is joined by complimentary spa, gym and pool facilities, while all rooms provide a TV, free wi-fi, air conditioning and a mini bar.

Food & beverage: 
The restaurant and bar offers an appetising menu that clearly demonstrates the head chef's classical French training.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:53 am

Description: 
Whether you’re flying out of London Heathrow Airport or heading in to the capital, a comfortable stay can be enjoyed from this luxury hotel. With a superb location close to the airport terminals your visit can start and end conveniently, with plenty included on-site to keep you entertained and satisfied. The bar and restaurant is joined by complimentary spa, gym and pool facilities, while all rooms provide a TV, free wi-fi, air conditioning and a mini bar.

Food & beverage: 
The restaurant and bar offers an appetising menu that clearly demonstrates the head chef's classical French training.
That can't be the Sofitel. I've just done a search for 25/3/16 and the price is £75 - too low for the Sofitel.

*edit* I think it's the Radisson Blu Edwardian on Bath Road.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:02 am

That can't be the Sofitel. I've just done a search for 25/3/16 and the price is £75 - too low for the Sofitel.

*edit* I think it's the Radisson Blu Edwardian on Bath Road.
Cheers thanks for your help! I've just spotted another secret hotel that's £107 so maybe that's more likely. There are very few details though, no trip advisor score and spec. It title is Stylish 4-star near Heathrow Terminal
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:04 am

Description: 

Food & beverage: 
That doesn't look like the Sofitel.

Edit: Delayed post - I see you've figured this one out already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.