Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 8:10 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by nalismom
I am considering Chase's BA Visa which offers 50k Avios ( with spend of course)

I've been reading this thread and am confused whether US residents enrolled in Executive Club can earn and redeem Avios?
Yes of course, what part of this thread makes you think you can't?

Please make sure you are aware of BA's award chart which is segment/distance based, surcharges on awards, and availability.
See also: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tart-here.html
Old May 14, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: AA, onePass
Thanks Nux.......I got totally lost starting at post # 22

One more question that is really related to redemption.....US carrier seat release windows open 331 days ahead ........ British Airways opens 355 days ahead.......if as a resident of US I am looking to use Avios under my BAEC account for a flight originating at LHR ......would I be able to look and book 355 days ahead or would I have to wait?
Old May 14, 2014, 8:28 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Nux.......I got totally lost starting at post # 22

One more question that is really related to redemption.....US carrier seat release windows open 331 days ahead ........ British Airways opens 355 days ahead.......if as a resident of US I am looking to use Avios under my BAEC account for a flight originating at LHR ......would I be able to look and book 355 days ahead or would I have to wait?
Avios is a currency that is shared by three programs:
BAEC
Iberia
Avios.com

You can only register for Avios.com if you have a UK or ZA resident (have an address there). No restriction for BAEC other than Australian residents.

BA and many other carriers that use Amadeus release and allow booking award seats 355 days in advance. This is not a country restriction, so you can book 355 days in advance through BA no matter where you are.

AA and other carriers only release award inventory and allows bookings 330 days in advance, even for booking BA with AAdvantage miles.

So if you are trying to book AA seats, this can only be done 330 days in advance no matter what even if booking through BA.
If you are trying to book BA seats through AA, you can only do it 330 days in advance.
If you are trying to book BA seats through BA, you can do this 355 days in advance.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:08 am

Much thanks Nux....just the answer I was looking for...

So booking BA award on BA metal through BA EC using Avios I can book 355 days ahead... Correct?
Old May 14, 2014, 9:10 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Much thanks Nux....just the answer I was looking for...

So booking BA award on BA metal through BA EC using Avios I can book 355 days ahead... Correct?
Yes you can. However that is not to say they are always released that far in advance.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:19 am

Any idea how far in advance for LHR- JNB / CPT- LHR?
Old May 28, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Regarding US residents, I was resident there when I first opened my BAEC account. Obviously you would be allowed to earn the miles or else US credit card issuers wouldn't have BA rewards cards.

I've two unrelated questions:

1. This weekend I flew LCY-FRA-TXL-DUS-Stansted (don't know the code for that awful place)

AB booking, but LCY-FRA was on BA. I was disappointed to realise the AB legs only earned 25% Avios (especially considering what I paid for the ticket-hardly "discount"). However, I was surprised that the leg on BA also earned only 25%. The BA site seems silent on this one.

2. I'm considering changing current account banks. Are there any UK banks that give Avios on DEBIT cards?

Thanks.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by SCSA
1. This weekend I flew LCY-FRA-TXL-DUS-Stansted (don't know the code for that awful place)

AB booking, but LCY-FRA was on BA. I was disappointed to realise the AB legs only earned 25% Avios (especially considering what I paid for the ticket-hardly "discount"). However, I was surprised that the leg on BA also earned only 25%. The BA site seems silent on this one.
It all depends on the flight number and booking class into which you're booked on that sector. If you're on an AB flight number, it doesn't matter that the sector is booked on BA metal - you will still earn according to the AB flight number and booking class.
Old May 28, 2014, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by SCSA
Regarding US residents, I was resident there when I first opened my BAEC account. Obviously you would be allowed to earn the miles or else US credit card issuers wouldn't have BA rewards cards.

I've two unrelated questions:

2. I'm considering changing current account banks. Are there any UK banks that give Avios on DEBIT cards?

Thanks.
Bank card partners are here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post22230561
Old May 29, 2014, 6:36 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Didn't quite know where to put this question, I have 3 out of 4 segments from a recent flight (YUL-LHR-TLS then BCN-LHR-YUL) that have posted 0 points. I UuAed the first YUL-LHR segment from WTP+ to CW, I read somewhere that there are problems with points posting when you UuA. The upgraded segment (YUL-LHR in CW) is the only one that posted points, even then it seems I only got the WTP bonus

The problem is, when the claims form asks for my ticket number, the ticket number I have in my original receipt is completely different from the ticket number(s) in the BA mobile app. The one in my email even has more numbers (125-1234567890-12) versus 125-1234567890 on the app. The app ticket numbers are even different between segments (the YUL-LHR and BCN-LHR segments have the same number, the LHR-TLS ans LHR-YUL ones another)

Needless to say I am quite confused as to what number I should put as none of them work... I went with the one from the email and then gave one of the flights details, and then the different numbers from the app (none of which were recognized),hopefully will be enough for them.

First time claiming miles on BA, I am thinking this probably happened because I used Finnair website to put my CX number (gold) to select seats without paying and then switched it back to BA.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; May 29, 2014 at 6:50 am Reason: clarity
Old May 29, 2014, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by newbie elite
Didn't quite know where to put this question, I have 3 out of 4 segments from a recent flight (YUL-LHR-TLS then BCN-LHR-YUL) that have posted 0 points. I UuAed the first YUL-LHR segment from WTP+ to CW, I read somewhere that there are problems with points posting when you UuA. The upgraded segment (YUL-LHR in CW) is the only one that posted points, even then it seems I only got the WTP bonus

The problem is, when the claims form asks for my ticket number, the ticket number I have in my original receipt is completely different from the ticket number(s) in the BA mobile app. The one in my email even has more numbers (125-1234567890-12) versus 125-1234567890 on the app. The app ticket numbers are even different between segments (the YUL-LHR and BCN-LHR segments have the same number, the LHR-TLS ans LHR-YUL ones another)
If you've paid a WT+ fare and UuAd to CW, then you will only get the WT+ Avios and TPs for that sector.

If all the sectors have posted, but with the incorrect number of Avios and TPs, then don't use the claim form that asks for a ticket number. Instead, use the webmail form that allows you to explain what's happened and what you're asking for. Customer Relations will understand immediately, because they see a lot of these requests. It's a common bug and has got nothing to do with your switching FF numbers.

What you need to do is to go to the footer bar and click the link for "Help and contacts". In the left hand navigation list, click "Email us (where available)". On the next page, click the "Email us" tab.

FWIW, the reason for there being a different ticket number after you UuA is because the ticket must be reissued. If you see a number in the form 125-1234567890-91, it's because you've got more lines in your ticket than can be written on one ticket, so two (or more) tickets have been issued together. In that example, it's ticket numbers 125-1234567890 and 125-1234567891.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:52 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Many thanks! Used to Aeroplan which used to give class flown. Will contact them per your instructions.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have read about the different tiers and just really want clarifycation an doubting myself, if I attain exec silver and my husband stays bronze can I guest him into the lounges? Also when I make a booking on my sign in, silver lets you choose seats, can I still chose one for him even though he is bronze. Thanks
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:30 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sapper188
I have read about the different tiers and just really want clarifycation an doubting myself, if I attain exec silver and my husband stays bronze can I guest him into the lounges? Also when I make a booking on my sign in, silver lets you choose seats, can I still chose one for him even though he is bronze. Thanks
1. Yes if you are both travelling on oneworld flights.
2. Yes if you are on the same booking. You can't book a ticket for him and select seats for free unless you are on the same booking.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Great, thank you so much for a quick reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.