Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
I'd like to add to orbitmic's excellent synopsis of Band 3 brunch alternatives. I was very happy with the kosher brunch, and it was far more substantial in offering than my companion's regular charcuterie plate. Even the fruit plate-- which both had some kiwi and melon, was about triple the size in the kosher version. And I was offered, and took, one of the regular rolls.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Great, thanks for the photos!! ^ Yes, that's what I got on band 1 last week but minus the drinkable yoghurt and plus the large fruit plate.

Interestingly/sadly, the main plate is still much smaller than I had last month with the smoked halibut and three different cheeses. As you say though, still much nicer than the normal brunch and the fruit plate is indeed much larger and more importantly much tastier!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by sts603
Also any idea whether these same options is what you would get in lieu of afternoon tea?
No, for all special meals, I believe, breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner are all different from one another.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
veggie sandwiches for afternoon tea service again from gatwick in club last week for a band 3 flight. Nice and fresh but same as a year before: cheese salad.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:09 am

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
Wondering if the domestic breakfast has gone the way of the dodo already on Anglo-Scottish services as part of the cuts over the last few months?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BHDBOY
Wondering if the domestic breakfast has gone the way of the dodo already on Anglo-Scottish services as part of the cuts over the last few months?
Not as of yesterday no. Still offered on Northern Irish services too, and the hot panini is still offered on shorter Domestics.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Any ideas whether the short LCY services (AMS) get a hot breakfast in Y like the longer ones do?
Was surprised to see it on an IBZ, then again that is a long flight.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by BHDBOY
They will go in January when BoB starts

till then no change
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:36 am

Just did a return trip to Helsinki in Economy and there was no food on offer at all apart from a tiny bag of crisps/nuts/biscuits prior to the drinks service. Is this usual? I know food service is being scrapped next month but I was expecting something a bit more substantial on a 3 hour flight!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Unfortunately HEL just falls on the wrong side of the Band 3/Band 4 cut-off meaning after 2pm it's crisp/nuts/biscuit for the rest of the day.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
BA 388 LHR-BRU 0645-0900 A-319:

Choice of full English or continental
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
CE from VIE-to LGW last night- a very nice chicken dish with creamy sauce, vegetables and potatoes. Well prepared and tasty. Nice crew as well. However it would have been better if they had included some sort of side salad as well.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
CE from VIE-to LGW last night- a very nice chicken dish with creamy sauce, vegetables and potatoes. Well prepared and tasty. Nice crew as well. However it would have been better if they had included some sort of side salad as well.
This is my big gripe with CE hot meals. Even on Band 4 flights you end up often having a protein, potatos, token amounts of veggies, cheese and biscuits, and desert. Heavy on the carbs and nothing light. All AA short haul meals come with a side salad for example (except breakfast or entree salads of course).
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ENTP
Any ideas whether the short LCY services (AMS) get a hot breakfast in Y like the longer ones do?
Was surprised to see it on an IBZ, then again that is a long flight.
No. DUB gets basically the Y cold sandwich deconstructed for example (a tray of ham and cheese and a croissant. And maybe a half hard boiled egg and a token tomato.

GVA does get hot breakfast.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sts603
This is my big gripe with CE hot meals. Even on Band 4 flights you end up often having a protein, potatos, token amounts of veggies, cheese and biscuits, and desert. Heavy on the carbs and nothing light. All AA short haul meals come with a side salad for example (except breakfast or entree salads of course).
When do you get meals on domestic AA flights? I thought it only kicks in after 900 miles and even then I don't you get anything on some flights between 1-4pm. I suppose it it easier to give a better meal if you only offer them on a small proportion of flights in your front cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.