Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CONFIRMED: BA B787 & A380 layouts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by phol
I like the addition of which seats are good/bad etc when the aircraft doesnt even exist yet!

So he is finally taking delivery. Its been wrapped up in storage for many months with many thinking he was going to cancel the order.
It may be bigger but Airbus have pulled out of the tendering process for a replacement to the VC-25A so the next plane that the US president has as a replacement will be a Boeing. Given the choice, I know which one I'd rather fly on and say I'd flown on and it isn't the Airbus.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by badoc
Out of interest how does this compare to 767 and 777 crew numbers BBB?
In BBB's absence...

One more main crew member than the 767 and one less Purser and one less main crew member than the 4-Class 777s.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by sammyh25
In BBB's absence...

One more main crew member than the 767 and one less Purser and one less main crew member than the 4-Class 777s.
I know it wasn't me who asked but thank you for the answer, most interesting.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Looking forward to working on the 787 and as I will then have 4 Boeing licenses it precludes me/us from working on the A380.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 3:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Just wanted to loop back and post some first hand experiences, especially given I was so vocal against the 3-3-3 layout. Over the past 2 weeks I've flown United's 787 twice, once in Y and once in BusinessFirst (J).

J was very pleasant, the overhead bins are larger, the window tint feature is pretty cool, and the washrooms have a nice flushing mechanism where it closes the seat cover before it flushes to minimize noise. Very thoughtful.

Y was a 3.5 hour EWR-IAH flight, and let me tell you, from the moment I stepped onboard, it was very apparent visually that the seats were narrower than the standard A320 seats United uses. I have a relatively standard male build, not more than 65kg or so, and the seats felt quite tight. Even in BA Y the seat width is perfectly adequate and there is a fair bit of room on the sides. With this, there was basically zero extra room. I tried to sleep, not very comfortable even at the window. I was glad it was only a 3.5 hour flight. The aisles didn't seem too narrow though.

If BA has the same seat widths, I stand by my position that I won't be flying WT on these planes.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
It may be bigger but Airbus have pulled out of the tendering process for a replacement to the VC-25A so the next plane that the US president has as a replacement will be a Boeing. Given the choice, I know which one I'd rather fly on and say I'd flown on and it isn't the Airbus.
Did anyone ever seriously think the president would have a plane not built in America, or by an American company?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.