Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

MIA AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge review and discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

MIAConcourseE
Miami International Airport

AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge

• Concourse E, airside, lifts immediately following security, proceed to Level 5
  • Access from Concourse D via Skytrain (Stop 3, D26-D39), follow link to Concourse E. The cool, sleek and sterile terrazzo flooring will change to carpet as you make the transition into Concourse E, and you'll detect a swamp-like aroma). Lifts are just after Gate E2.

Opening hours
  • Daily, 13:00 to 21:00

Access entitlement
  • Standard BAEC and oneworld rules apply

Food and beverages
  • Food station offering a selection of filled rolls and croissants, soup, cookies, brownies, and fresh fruit
  • Free serve nuts/pretzel mix at the bar
  • A good selection of complimentary beers, wines, spirits, juices, soft drinks, and mixers
  • Two coffee bars offering a selection of teas and coffee
  • Champagne: J Roget Brut, mini-bottles

Entertainment and business facilities
  • Free WiFi. Collect scratchcard from reception (Admirals Club/T-Mobile, valid for 24 hours and is good for later use in the Admirals Clubs at Concourse D)
  • Screened TV lounges
  • Two PCs with internet connection
  • Business centre with print/scan/copy/fax facilities
  • Personal workstations with power/data connectivity
  • Several magazine counters (Business Traveller, SkyMall, Highlife, American Way etc) and newspapers available near reception

Other facilities
  • Washrooms and shower facilities within the lounge
  • Children's play space with two PCs and a television
  • Bland FM plays ominously in the background

Seating
  • A wide variety of settings from open bar, screened groupings, groupings in intimate neuks located around the perimeter (some with loungers), and table settings around the internal light wells

Images

Prospero, 2011

Data last verified: March 2011

Last edited by Prospero; Sep 15, 2011 at 1:31 am Reason: remove reference to Gold Open Doors
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: Amex Plat; BA Blue
Thanks for that.

Mrs AMRKOFS and 6 month old son are doing NCL-LHR-MIA in FIRST return in April and I was curious about the new lounge at MIA.

Last time we were there we had to use the PP lounge but snuck into the BA CW/F lounge on the premise of using the toilets (if you've been you'll know what I mean) and weren't impressed.

This looks better although I gather a Galleries-style lounge is being planned for next year....
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
I was there last week and took some great pictures IMHO :-)

I will post them when I get back home Saturday. Short review: I loved this lounge, big and bright ^ Nice "dragons"
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

It is by far the best OW lounge at MIA, by virtue of it being relatively quiet and slightly out of the way of the busy Concourse D. I did a spot of lounge hopping during my mid afternoon visit. The Admiral Clubs at Gate D15 and D30 were positively heaving
Old Mar 31, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, AAdvantage
is this the lounge one now uses for BA metal departures from MIA to LHR? I'm flying that route in a couple of weeks and it will be great to have a proper lounge, rather than that generic one that BA pax have had to use in recent years - which was ok, but hardly up to standard.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA 3MM
This lounge was, for many years, the main AA Admirals Club at MIA.

I was in this latest incarnation a couple of weeks ago.

Difference to regular Admirals Clubs at MIA ? Free self-pour alcoholic drinks... normal for BA lounges, definitely not for AA.. so a plus there.

It has always been a nicely laid out lounge, lots of windows and light...it will be a reasonable option until BA get a full lounge opened.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:59 pm

Hi - sorry to ask what is perhaps an abvious question. We're flying Club from Miami to London in June, will we use this lounge? (We did this trip before and the old lounge was awful!) Thanks.......
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by DevizesUK
Hi - sorry to ask what is perhaps an abvious question. We're flying Club from Miami to London in June, will we use this lounge? (We did this trip before and the old lounge was awful!) Thanks.......
Yes you will, as long as your flight is between 1pm and 9pm

Plenty of pictures of MIA lounge in my Trip Report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...rk-london.html
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Lobengula
Plenty of pictures of MIA lounge in my Trip Report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...rk-london.html
Very Genius1 like.

Must go and read it. ^
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:22 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
I was in there on wednesday night before the 208. I thought Id been in there before - years ago when flying AA to Belize, so its definitely not new, but its an improvement over the Club America in F.

And they have Ketel One so I was mostly very happy! Food seemed a tad better too. Nicer sarnies.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Silver (soft landing!), HH Gold
Thanks for the pics/review, I'll be using this new lounge in a few weeks.. Natural light in some corners will make a big difference from the awful 'box' previously..

p.s. TomCayman having never used an AALounge, that's a shocker about being forbidden from helping yourself to a beer?! land of the free eh.. pfft!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:13 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by englishoaks

p.s. TomCayman having never used an AALounge, that's a shocker about being forbidden from helping yourself to a beer?! land of the free eh.. pfft!
Pretty common for US lounges: only UA First Class Lounges, AA Flagship Lounges (int F-class and Emeralds) and US Airways Envoy Lounge (but for beer and wine only) allow you to help yourself with booze... Pretty puritan, heh
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:23 am

how long before departure, should i check in to enjoy the lounge and relax before the flight?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:26 am
Original Poster

90 minutes tops. It is just a glorified waiting room after all
Old May 1, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: AA 3MM
If we still have an official BA lurker on here.. a quick note... just printed out my itinerary for an upcoming MIA-LHR flight on BA.. and it still tells me to go to ClubAmerica Lounge through security in Concourse F.

Oops

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.