Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Miles for anything other than travel?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

BA Miles for anything other than travel?

Hi All,

Does anyone know if one can use BA miles for anything other than flights, like hotels or rental cars?

Thanks for any information.
Old May 1, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Without doing a little researching, I would have said unreservedly yes, but when I looked at the BA website, I didn't see the kinds of obvious options offered by most other airlines. For instance, I followed links suggested for BAEC members and found offers that simply offered package prices and no immediate option to redeem miles to pay for the package: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_us (not sure you can get to this link because I had to log on to reach it). When I tried to do a dummy booking through this link, I never got presented with an option to redeem points, just offers to pay the price advertised.

I don't know if this is limited to Americans trying to use the BA site this way or whether BA operates this way with their British customers as well.

In general, with any airline, I would certainly say that the use of airline miles for reasons other than flight redemption generally results in an inefficient use of those miles, but of course, there are times when we have to use the resources we have, no matter what.
Old May 1, 2011, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Only for flying.
Old May 1, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Only for flying.
Right. The answer is, basically, no.

Welcome!
Old May 1, 2011, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by DWFI
basically, no.
...the one exception being that you can give them to someone as a gift. They could be a gift to me for example

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.