Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waiting time for broken IFE miles.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I just called the BAEC about a claim I made Jan 22nd*. They told me that the complaint was registered but due to the backlog it could take another couple of weeks, even though I am Gold. Lots of snow and volcanic ash to clear...

* duly corrected after martinfoss intervened..

Last edited by henkybaby; Feb 16, 2011 at 10:15 am
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I just called the BAEC about a claim I made Feb 22nd
Well, since today is only the 16th, I would have given them a few more days
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martinfoss
Well, since today is only the 16th, I would have given them a few more days
No no no! I want proactive compensation!

(changed my post)
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I just called the BAEC about a claim I made Jan 22nd*. They told me that the complaint was registered but due to the backlog it could take another couple of weeks, even though I am Gold. Lots of snow and volcanic ash to clear...

* duly corrected after martinfoss intervened..
I am also awaiting an update on a claim of mine which I registered a week or so ago and was given the same line about there being a large backlog - though other posts here seem to indicate some people are being sorted out far quicker than others.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Miles posted today

Also, some miles for a SFO-SEA flight on AS also posted today. i tried to claim these via fax, but never saw it appear under "my claims" in my BAEC account, so I didn't really think BA had received my claim for that one - expecially after getting replies that "we can't help you, please contact Executive Club" after faxing to a number that was to the Executive CLub

Oh well, just passed the 50K mark for the first time now
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Blue, BA Amex, VS red
happened to me last week in WT+

apparently compensation in miles is WT: 5,000; WT+: 10,000, CW: 15,000, First 20 or 25,000

people mentioned highlife vouchers too not sure about that
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Ex Gold, Now Silver :)
Originally Posted by martinfoss
Hi all,

On my very first flight in CW, I seem to have gotten the full "package" with the broken IFE

Anyway, the form I filled out on board, said I would receive the miles within 14 days, and it's now been 25 days.

I've already been in touch with BA, after my e-mails bounced between Executive Club and Customer Relations a couple of times (both claimning that I should contact the other), and the latest reply is that "We will credit the miles to your account once we receiving the form you filled in onboard of our cabin crew".

So my question is if it is actually normal to wait for four weeks for these miles, even though it says "within 14 days" on the form? Or is there a chance that my form now is lost somewhere between the FA I gave it to, and the person in UK (or wherever) that should have recevied it?
How many miles were offered as compensation please?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by smooth1978

apparently compensation in miles is WT: 5,000; WT+: 10,000, CW: 15,000, First 20 or 25,000

Correct: my mother has plenty of BA Miles (well over 0.5m), and when the IFE on her flight failed miserably, and she was in F, BA provided a large bundle of High Life Shop vouchers to use in the next 12 months.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smooth1978

For CW the standard comp is 15,000 miles or £75 Lowlife vouchers.

(I'd assume therefore you get £25/£50/£100 in vouchers for WT/WT+/F respectively).
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
I had an IFE failure on LHR-JFK on 18 January, and the CSD kindly gave me a compensation card promising 15K miles (was in CW). Two weeks later nothing had come onto my account so I send a message to CR. Two weeks after hearing nothing from them, I e-mailed the Executive Club and was told this had been passed to CR. Two weeks after this I phoned BAEC and they told me to send a fax to Stockholm. A week after this I received one message saying that they cannot deal with this inquiry, and two hours after that another message saying that the 15K miles were in my account.

All in all, quite confusing, but the end result was right.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:02 pm
Lux

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
(I'd assume therefore you get £25/£50/£100 in vouchers for WT/WT+/F respectively).
Spot on, recently I got £100 in vouchers for one failed F sector. I'm not sure that the High Life shop is particularly good value for money but, having bought a camera and then returned it (reason: it was rubbish) and got my money back, it does offer a good service.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GaryK84
I had an IFE failure on LHR-JFK on 18 January, and the CSD kindly gave me a compensation card promising 15K miles (was in CW). Two weeks later nothing had come onto my account so I send a message to CR. Two weeks after hearing nothing from them, I e-mailed the Executive Club and was told this had been passed to CR. Two weeks after this I phoned BAEC and they told me to send a fax to Stockholm. A week after this I received one message saying that they cannot deal with this inquiry, and two hours after that another message saying that the 15K miles were in my account.

All in all, quite confusing, but the end result was right.
Well, then it sounds like they had two planes with malfunctioning AVOD on the 18th January

To make my story short:

-Flew on the 18th of January, filled out the form, that said I would get the miles within two weeks. During the fliht, I got up to visit the bathroom, and also gave a FA my empty teacup, together with the filled in form, and I remember thinking: "Hope she didn't think that was some garbage".

-Just over two weeks later, I started e-mailing through BA website: Chose the topic "claim missing miles", and received an e-mail from BAEC where they said sorry, and passed it on to Customer Relations.

-Customer Relations replied, said they couldn't help me. I replied to the e-mail from BAEC, and told them what CR had told me. BAEC thanked me for getting back in touch, and passed it back to CR: I sent BAEC a .

-Got another reply from CR, where they apologizerd for the non-functioning IFE, told me I had been given a form on board, and that I would get the miles as soon as they had the form. At this point, I was really hoping the FA didn't think it was garbage.

Just over 4 weeks after I flew, still no miles, and I was windering wether I should send another e-mail to CR, or a PM to Nicci. I did a quik refresh in my iPhone app, and all off a sudden, 34K miles had turned in to 50K miles.
The FA did defniately not think it was garbage

At the same time, I had also received aproximately 1K miles, for a flight I flew on AS, the day after my non-IFE flight, which I had tried to claim after a couple of week. Sent a fax to a swedis fax number, which according to ba.com was the correct fax number for a norwegian member, and checked my account daily, to see if my claim was registered, which it didn't. After one week, I sent the fax once more, and this time I received a reply, telling me that "they could not help me", and told me to "contact BAEC" . As of 25th February, still no claim was registered, but so was the miles.

This was also an issue I was planning to mention in the PM I was almost about to send to Nicci.

I was happy in the end, though, after receiving the miles. This means more MFU, and "having to" buy WT+ instead of WT for my next trip across the atlantic .

To end the story, the other day I even received a letter in the mail, from a lady at CR who was very sorry thaqt the IFE-system did not work, and understood that it made my flight less enjoyable and very frustrating.
I shall be honest, that with the knowledge og 15K miles coming my way, and literally no sleep the night before the flight, it was a very pleasant flight .
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That onboard form story is a double edged sword. On my flight from CPT to LHR the entire IFE went mad for the first 4 hours of the flight. Not the one in my seat, but the entire plane. When I woke up in the morning the IFE had been restored, but for the purposes we needed it (the first hours before sleep) it was useless.

The CSD agreed and when I asked for a form she said that because the whole plane suffered they did not use forms but she would put in in the log... Any experiences how this works out in practice?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
That onboard form story is a double edged sword. On my flight from CPT to LHR the entire IFE went mad for the first 4 hours of the flight. Not the one in my seat, but the entire plane. When I woke up in the morning the IFE had been restored, but for the purposes we needed it (the first hours before sleep) it was useless.

The CSD agreed and when I asked for a form she said that because the whole plane suffered they did not use forms but she would put in in the log... Any experiences how this works out in practice?
Works fine IME.
Email via the "contact us" link, explain the situation about the useable time for IFE having nothing, and you'll most likely get a standard response saying, " blah blah, our cc advised engineering who looked at it, blah blah, very frustrating, blah blah, have some miles."
As long as the cc "write it in the book" and your version of events matches theirs, you should get the miles. I think that if you claim there was no IFE at all, the claim might be denied (if it was eventually reset OK), but keep the 4 hours comment and should be OK.
HTH
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just arrived on BA55. No forms handed out. Will e-mail and report the outcome here.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.