FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Waiting time for broken IFE miles. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1183201-waiting-time-broken-ife-miles.html)

martinfoss Feb 12, 2011 5:59 am

Waiting time for broken IFE miles.

Hi all,

On my very first flight in CW, I seem to have gotten the full "package" with the broken IFE ;)

Anyway, the form I filled out on board, said I would receive the miles within 14 days, and it's now been 25 days.

I've already been in touch with BA, after my e-mails bounced between Executive Club and Customer Relations a couple of times (both claimning that I should contact the other), and the latest reply is that "We will credit the miles to your account once we receiving the form you filled in onboard of our cabin crew".

So my question is if it is actually normal to wait for four weeks for these miles, even though it says "within 14 days" on the form? Or is there a chance that my form now is lost somewhere between the FA I gave it to, and the person in UK (or wherever) that should have recevied it?

BingBongBoy Feb 12, 2011 6:10 am

I have never used an onboard form for miles... Always contacted Customer Relations after the event and the miles have always been credited rather quickly, most of the time they appear in my account before I have had a reply from Customer Relations...

shearwood40 Feb 12, 2011 8:58 am

The exact same hing happened to us in January, filled the form out on the plane , didnt get the miles added to our accounts ,after 2 weeks rang customer relations , gave them the booking reference and points were added straight away, hope that helps

Nightbus to Dalson Feb 12, 2011 10:11 am

I've stopped complaining to customer services now as nothing ever happens apart from wasting my own time.
On the LON-BKK-LON routes I have learnt to expect either problems with IFE or none at all.

littlefish Feb 12, 2011 11:13 am

It'll require a 'phone call. Sounds like the form never made it, once you're outside of the process it seems its hard to get anyone to take ownership. I had IFE miles credit before I got home once; the on-plane form does usually work.

With a phone call you should get a clear response there and then, or you'll need to write to whoever they advise.

Happily with BAEC, in my experience once, the agent has said something will happen it does (although 7 days can stretch to 14 on occasion).

PorcoRosso Feb 12, 2011 2:21 pm

I used the on-board form following a recent CW trip that had no IFE. It took about 4 weeks, after which I received an email apology and the promise of compensatory miles. When I checked my account these miles had already been posted. Suspect thay have quite a few of these things to process!

Regards,

PR

martinfoss Feb 13, 2011 6:20 am

Originally Posted by PorcoRosso (Post 15852267)
I used the on-board form following a recent CW trip that had no IFE. It took about 4 weeks, after which I received an email apology and the promise of compensatory miles.

Then I guess I should give it a few more days then. Thank you :)

soco Feb 13, 2011 6:38 am

Filled in an online CR form a couple of days after a flight JFK-LHR which had broken IFE, and had a response and miles within 24 hours.

clubman Feb 13, 2011 6:42 am

Didn't realise they still carried the forms on board.

I certainly wasn’t offered one on my recent LHR-HKG flight, but I just emailed Customer relations and all sorted.

LHR-HUB Feb 13, 2011 8:40 am

I don't think I've ever filled out a form on board.
I always let the FAs know the problem (see-saw, no IFE or no recline etc) and then write to BAEC (via the "contact us" email thing).

Mildly annoying that it always shows me some "FAQs" about route changes, or weather, or extra security or some thing completely stupid and asks "could these answers answer your query?" (there doesn't seem to be any programming code behind these questions) ..... Anyway, I digress......

I usually get a cut and paste response with some poor "reason" such as, "we're always trying to improve, but on some routes due to passenger load etc etc " (the AVOD doesn't work because of passenger load??!!!?) and they post some miles.
I am becoming increasingly concerned that I now seem to complain after virtually every LH return as at least one sector has something broken in CW, and I don't want to be marked as a "troublemaker" or "compensation whore". Maybe I just emit some electro-magnetic field so my AVOD is always one of the pair or block of 6 that seems to fail :confused:

Anyone have any ideas if this could lead to black marks against my name? (I think it already has as I've never had an op-up, ever)

henkybaby Feb 13, 2011 9:06 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 15855045)
Didn't realise they still carried the forms on board.

I certainly wasn’t offered one on my recent LHR-HKG flight, but I just emailed Customer relations and all sorted.

Same here. On my last CPT-LHR flight I even asked for one but the CSD said she would simply make a note in the log and I could claim online. Been about 4 weeks now... Maybe I should drop YF a line.

What was the standard comp for broken IFE in F again?

PaulN Feb 13, 2011 9:29 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 15855045)

Same here on the one occasion I submitted a comment. Took about a week or so to post some miles.

Lux Feb 13, 2011 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Sid James (Post 15851241)
I've stopped complaining to customer services now as nothing ever happens apart from wasting my own time.
On the LON-BKK-LON routes I have learnt to expect either problems with IFE or none at all.

You should try harder! I'm up to 50,000 miles + £100 in High Life vouchers this year, and that's without trying. I did, however, have to chase for them after completing various forms.

FenLandK Feb 13, 2011 2:34 pm

I filled in an onboard form, which resulted in nothing. I registered online my claim, and received nothing. So eventually I contacted Nicci on here and it was resolved.

fatmac70 Feb 16, 2011 6:00 am

Flew on Friday and had no IFE - sent e-mail to CR on Sunday - miles in the account by following Tuesday.
I am Happy with that response.