Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions re new F seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Questions re new F seats

I've done a search and taken a quick look through what I believe are the relevant parts of the READ THIS FIRST thread. I don't think these questions are answered elsewhere, but sorry if I missed something.

By way of background, I'm asking these in connection with a probable trip down the line with my wife.

1. In the new F, is it possible to lower the partitions between the center seats in the same manner as those between CW seats can be lowered?
2. I've noted references to ottomans on which another passenger can sit to share meals or drinks, but the references seem to be in connection with old F. Does the new F also have such ottomans?
3. What are the best two seats for a couple on a 747? (Those in the middle or 1A and 1K? And if it is 1A and 1K, then what would be second best (I suppose the middle or 2A/2K), since my wife isn't a OW Emerald and as I understand the rules she wouldn't be eligible for row 1 unless it was still open 72 hours or less before the flight. (I assume that on a 777 the answer to the question is the middle seats.)

Thanks for any help!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:07 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I've done a search and taken a quick look through what I believe are the relevant parts of the READ THIS FIRST thread. I don't think these questions are answered elsewhere, but sorry if I missed something.

By way of background, I'm asking these in connection with a probable trip down the line with my wife.

1. In the new F, is it possible to lower the partitions between the center seats in the same manner as those between CW seats can be lowered?
2. I've noted references to ottomans on which another passenger can sit to share meals or drinks, but the references seem to be in connection with old F. Does the new F also have such ottomans?
3. What are the best two seats for a couple on a 747? (Those in the middle or 1A and 1K? And if it is 1A and 1K, then what would be second best (I suppose the middle or 2A/2K), since my wife isn't a OW Emerald and as I understand the rules she wouldn't be eligible for row 1 unless it was still open 72 hours or less before the flight. (I assume that on a 777 the answer to the question is the middle seats.)

Thanks for any help!
If you are OW Emerald and you and your wife are on the same booking, you should be able to select 1A and K. There is quite a lot of debate here as to whether 1A/K are the best for a couple, although both my wife and I have enjoyed that pairing whenever in F
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:08 pm

1. It is possible to move the divider, though in new F the divider slides from right to left manually.

2. The new F does have such buddy seats and they're larger than old F, particularly helpful if your "buddy" has a large ballast.

3. This is entirely down to personal choice. I would take 4EF or 5EF, though some would choose 2AK etc. I personally feel that the centre seats are larger than the window seats at your feet and actually feel very private.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, AA EX PLT 1MM+, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
Originally Posted by Thunderroad

Thanks for any help!
There's a whole thread where we've been tracking New First (NF) and speculating on if we'll get lucky and be on a NF flight (or for some, fortunate to have already flown in NF).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...new-first.html

(you may find it more enlightening reading from the latest postings backwards)

Several people have posted pics and links to pics on that thread. A picture's worth a thousand words.

As for the best seats for a couple, I've found 4E/F to be quite nice on the 747, but you don't get to look out the windows (unless there are some empty seats you can borrow for take-off and landing which I've been able to do). I'll be checking out the 777 2E/F in three weeks (hopefully in NF).
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:24 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
If you are OW Emerald and you and your wife are on the same booking, you should be able to select 1A and K. There is quite a lot of debate here as to whether 1A/K are the best for a couple, although both my wife and I have enjoyed that pairing whenever in F
I don't think this is correct about seats 1A and 1K.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by andset1191
I don't think this is correct about seats 1A and 1K.
No, it is not correct. Other gold-reserved seats (e.g. first rows in CE) are open to everyone on GCH's booking, BUT 1A and 1K are only open to GCHs (or OW Emeralds). In order words, both parties have to be gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.