Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rio-SP High speed train off schedule

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2011, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Rio-SP High speed train off schedule

Despite vociferous claims that the high-speed train between the two cities would be ready for the Olympics, things just don't seem go on schedule in Brazil.

Here is the data:

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-new...-for-olympics/

-
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:40 am

Considering the fact that the national government is confronting a deficit and needs to make huge investments in infrastructure, including airports, before even the World Cup, plus has promsied to eradicate poverty, I think the expensive high-speed train idea-- proposed more than once in the past-- may go by the wayside, at least for a while.

Last edited by SoCal; Jul 31, 2011 at 10:46 am
Old Aug 4, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
So far nobody has yet been willing to even bid on the project. It has been revised again but even if there are bids the project surely will not get undar way until late next year. Nobody I know seriously expects the "train bala" to be in service before 2017, if then. In any event not too many people think the project makes much sense anyway.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
I can't believe anyone took the government seriously on this They lie all the time, it's part of the culture here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.