Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Diamond Club (ex-bmi) Credit Cards- AMEX, Small Business Visa and defunct Mastercard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Club (ex-bmi) Credit Cards- AMEX, Small Business Visa and defunct Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Mrs 21H21J and I both got the 1.5/£1 Amex and 1.5/£2 Visa letters.

Also got a letter from MBNA for my M&M visa account, I'm now getting a M&M Amex same earning rates as the BMI cards but with 1500 bonus miles for a purchase and another 1500 miles for £1500 spend before 29th Feb 2012.

Nothing from the United Amex account...
Old Sep 23, 2011, 2:10 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by msportmad
Hmm interesting they are doing this just after MBNA are saying they are pulling out of UK???
That was my first thought as well. When I saw two letters from bmi/MBNA, I expected them to be about the termination of the credit cards. The letter about the bmi cc came from bmi, but the one about the M&M cc came from MBNA.

And they are all going to be contactless cards.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:52 am

Programs: Turkish, BA Exec Club, KLM Flying Blue
Yup, got my letter yesterday as well saying they'd be contactless and a visa included....ironically like you say 1. MBNA is pulling out of the UK, so why upgrade the cards (I'm not particularly keen on contactless myself), 2. BMI diamond miles are a put suspect right now.....

Last edited by nedsaf; Sep 24, 2011 at 3:53 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 24, 2011, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
So if you don't want this enhancement you can simply refuse it and stay on the current 1 mile per £1 for the master card rate right? Anyone tried this yet?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Not for the first time, I'm learning about changes from FT. I'm away and no doubt I'll see a small mountain of mail from MBNA on my return. (Must remember not to 'file' it immediately. )

I have the basic BD MC earning 1.5 miles/£. Is this changing? Is there a cutoff date to continue the exisiting account?

I have the LH AmEx earning 1.5 miles/£ ('enhanced' from 2 miles/£ at launch) and the LH Visa earning 1 mile/£. Should I expect changes?

Thanks for any advice from those in a similar position.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Roger
I have the basic BD MC earning 1.5 miles/£. Is this changing? Is there a cutoff date to continue the exisiting account?
Sorry but I don't know anything about the BD MC.

I have the LH AmEx earning 1.5 miles/£ ('enhanced' from 2 miles/£ at launch) and the LH Visa earning 1 mile/£. Should I expect changes?
The M&M Amex card will continue to earn the same number of miles as before, but the M&M Visa card will earn 1.5 miles for every £2.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks, NewbieRunner.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the BD MC. I see from your post in the LH forum that we have until later in October to reject the 'enhancements' if we need to. I'll be back well before then so will be able to check the correspondence and see if anything is happening to the BD MC.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 1:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Haven't had a letter yet. I'm on the old 2 BMi miles per £1 Mastercard so not sure what will happen with that one. Having looked through the above posts I don't think anyone else with that card has had a letter yet?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
I've got the 2 miles per GBP BMI Amex and the 1 mile per GBP BMI Mastercard and also have not received any letters.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by adl73x
I've got the 2 miles per GBP BMI Amex...
Did your BMI Amex miles not get devalued some time ago?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Did your BMI Amex miles not get devalued some time ago?
No, the bmi Amex has been piling on bmi miles at 2 to 1 as long as I've had it. Quite inconvenient now that the stash has a potentially limited life...
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
And that's not a "plus" Amex with the annual fee?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: LH FTL..BA Blue..Hilton Gold
Quite happy about this myself. Its always been a sore point for me making purchases at non AmEx accepting outlets, having to use my VISA and missing out on the miles. 1.5 per £2 while not great is better than no miles. Lets just hope they have some life in them.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I have the MasterCard (fee free) and the AmEx (the "plus" one with the fee). I've got a letter referring to the AmEx saying I'll get an AmEx earning 2 miles per pound, and a Visa earning 1 mile per pound.

As long as I have the MasterCard too, I don't need or want the Visa. What concerns me more is the other benefits - like my 4K status miles a year? And do I get more miles for BD spend?

Pretty poor letter.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by orudge
And that's not a "plus" Amex with the annual fee?
Yes, it is. (But still no letter).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.